Currently reading:
Both Needed Star Trek: Section 31

Eli-B

A Writer
Local time
Today 4:21 AM
Pronouns
They/Them
"Interesting, isn't it? The Federation claims to abhor Section 31's tactics, but when they need the dirty work done, they look the other way. It's a tidy little arrangement, wouldn't you say?"

Section 31 is an autonomous clandestine organization that is officially-nonexistent, operating with no oversight or accountability. Section 31 is sent with vaguely broad objectives so as not to tie any of their actions directly back to Starfleet. They claim to protect the United Federation of Planets, but with some of their actions being more than slightly morally reprehensible, it can be hard to justify exactly what good they do the Federation.

--

Hello! This really isn't a Star Trek canon...adventure. I mostly just enjoy the Star Trek lore and want to use it to build a science-fiction role-play. You don't have to be a Star Trek fanatic to play, not at all, since I will only be using canon events loosely. Quite simply, this is just a space adventure for a crew of Section 31 operatives that will be sent on retrieval missions, science missions, and possibly missions to destabilize other galactic powers that become...too much of a threat.

I'm accepting positions for the Senior Staff of a starship, as the rest of the crew will just be broad NPCs.

POSITIONS:

Commanding officer - Captain. (I will most likely play captain as I will be setting up the RP situations most often.)

Executive officer - XO, potentially another position as well, second in command.

Operations manager - Analytical operations, may also function as science officer. Third in command.

Chief engineer - Maintains things like shields, engines, in charge of repairs and shuttles.

Chief of security - Ensures the safety of the ship and monitors potential threats.

Chief medical officer - The doctor of the ship! @Stormee

Science officer - Responsible for observing and theorizing strange circumstances, as well as data-keeping.

Now, between you and me, these positions are mostly formalities. Sure, you're more than welcome to RP in your section of the ship and do the things you're in charge of, but it's mostly just to ensure the ship will run at full potential. If I don't get enough interest to fill every position, we'll just write certain parts off as NPCs as well.

So if you're interested in a rogue, deep space black ops team to get into space shenanigans with, leave a comment below!!!!
---------

BOY THAT WAS A LOT OF DETAIL. HERE'S SOME MORE, SPECIFICALLY WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR IN PARTNERS:

♪ Thought-out, descriptive responses. I can't and won't respond to a one-liner, ever.
♪ Good internal and external character development. I want to believe you care about and feel the life you put in your character.
♪ Semi-frequent replies. I don't expect constant contact, because that's insane. However, if you're going to vanish for a bit, let me know. We'll write your character off for a bit. Shore leave or something.
♪ In a similar vein, if you're done with the RP, just tell me. Nothing more frustrating than a partner disappearing with no warning. We'll kill your character and it'll be super dramatic.
♪ Just make sure you spell-check. It makes life easier for everyone.

Last edited:
I'll play the medical officer!

Lieutenant Commander Margot Ames, Chief Medical Officer

Graduated top of her class at Starfleet Medical and granted a medical research position on the USS Pearsall, a research science vessel specially assigned to analysis of medical knowledge gleaned from alien civilizations. Margot's primary commission was experimenting with alien biological pathogens and developing standards of care for medicinal treatment.

Although hailed as a brilliant surgeon and scientist, her methods and experiments have occasionally caused her to come under scrutiny. Her career stalled due to an investigation into circumstances aboard the USS Pearsall and Phaelon III, and she was only promoted to Lieutenant Commander when she was shifted to Section 31.

Last edited:
I figure I'll let this run about a week and then see where we're at for party members.

STILL RECRUITING FOR THIS WONDERFUL SPACE ADVENTURE.

Was thinking of making an Augment. If anyone in the Federation would have one as a crew member, it would be Section 31.
That's if you'll have me.

Definitely not taking a hyper-OP race, no.

Applying for Chief Engineer~

Pandora Rosenet: Chief Engineer

In all honesty, Pandora sort of fell into this position. She worked on her own gear most of her life, until by chance she got the chance to impress a few higher ups, and before she knew it she was saying goodbye to her dad's and setting off on an adventure she'd never imagined. After 5 years of training and experience under some of the best engineers, she eventually found her way onto section 31, where she spends a lot of her time tinkering with the ships defences and improving weapons in exchange for small favours. She's even picked up a few fighting techniques over the years (though one could argue she still needs a bit of practice). Either way, she's confident in her abilities, and there's little she can't fix with enough time.

Just don't expect her to clean up after herself too often.

We'll tinker with your backstory since you had to go to the Academy, but I'll take someone who wants to be Engineer.

I don't mind changing anything around, should be easy enough to change it slightly. It could be that she spent a few years training and got a place in the academy studying engineering and mechanics, upon graduation (placing 3rd) she spent time working alongside respected professionals before being moved to section 31?

As an Engineer, you'd be on a starship, but we'll DM about the details of it all.

Back
Top Bottom