Both Needed Star Wars: The Lost Years

Eli-B

A Writer
Local time
Today 10:02 PM
Pronouns
They/Them
The Lost Years.png

"Yes, but we are guardians of two ideals, are we not? Sometimes, unfortunately, they come into conflict. We must always strive for peace, but also justice. Peace without justice is flawed, hollow at its core. It is the peace provided by tyranny."
It is the era of the High Republic. A golden era of the Jedi and the height of the Galactic Republic. Expansion and exploration of the Outer Rim Territories has never been more active, with many distant worlds being brought into the fold of the galaxy. Truly a time of prosperity and a time to embrace the future. The Core Worlds were hungry, eager to expand their influence and power to planets that had yet to join the Galactic Republic. That expansion was occasionally met with unrest, rebuttal, or retaliation. In these moments, Jedi were called in to keep the peace, to ensure no lives were lost and that deals could be made that would benefit both the Galactic Republic and the world they were attempting to bring into civilization. A time of peace and a time that would exist for hundreds of years.

No peace can exist without discontent, and light cannot exist without dark. This was a golden era of the Jedi, yes, but in every shadow lie the Sith. They were numerous, operating in the underbellies of the worlds, attempting to cause chaos at every turn. When a world fought against the Galactic Republic, it was certain the Sith had orchestrated the conflict. Peace was always the surface intention of the Jedi, but secretly they all held a fear of the Sith. They knew that every planet they visited could already be infested by powerful users of the Force, ones that would not seek a peaceful resolution. Ones that would take as many lives as necessary to accomplish their sinister goals.

---

Alright, I'm done typing fluff. This is pretty straightforward, it's a Star Wars story, and I'd like to put it front and center that I don't care about the canon. I'll be following the very broad events that happened during the High Republic Era but if you can't name every Core World or you don't know who Avar Kriss, Hero of Hetzal is, I don't care. This is a small story, focused on a small group of characters just doing their best in the galaxy at large. Space is very big, we all know this, and a handful of people visiting a planet will not have the other side of the galaxy on their minds. That's not the story I'm looking to tell.

What I'm looking for in a potential applicant:

• Someone who can write. Well. Preferably a lot (but also well). I will be putting out between 500-1000 words per post, which almost always ends up being more when multiple characters are in a scene. Why do you write so many words per post? Well:

• I like character development. I don't want to just see what your character is doing, I want to read what they're feeling, what they're thinking, how the events unfolding are affecting them on an internal level, not just an external level. Characters are far more interesting when we as the readers can relate to their internal conflicts and resolutions.

• Semi-frequent replies. I am a very busy person and I will not be responding every single day, I just cannot do that. However, I can and will ensure that the story does not come to a standstill, and I would appreciate a similar effort from you. I would also appreciate someone who is capable of pushing the plot forward themselves. This can be a little trickier with a group of people since you want to make sure everyone is on the same page before moving forward, but that's what OOC chat is for and we can always discuss things before writing them down.

• I will very likely look through your previous threads to ensure you're capable of keeping up, and if you don't have any (new writers on the site are always welcome, we love you here) I will probably ask for a writing sample. I have a high standard and while it may come across as exclusionary, I just like to write with people who can write as well as I do. It is never anything personal, I love everyone on the Sanctum. Sometimes you just aren't a good fit with someone else.

As far as CHARACTERS go:

I do not really care. I would prefer if we kept it to the Light Side of the Force, simply because if one person wants to write a Sith they're basically going to be writing by themselves and I don't want to make anyone feel left out. You don't have to be a Jedi, you don't have to be a member of the Galactic Republic, but it would be very forward-thinking to figure out how your character fits into the story at large if you are playing something or someone outside the box. I will most likely be playing a Jedi, part of the reason I chose the High Republic Era over any other period of history.

If you have a character idea or would like to apply in general, I highly encourage you to leave a comment with whatever information you have, and I will get to everyone in turn. I'm probably only looking for about one or two more people, I have someone in mind so a total of four gives us plenty to work with. Thank you for your time, everyone, and may the Force be with you.

Last edited:
Consider me super keen and to watch this post. Ill get to posting up a character - what style of character profile would you prefer?

Oh look, people! All appeared when I was asleep. Concerning character sheets, once I've got everyone picked out, a lot of the detail work will be done in a group PM so as long as you've got a concept that you can explain, that's really all I would need to get started.

Alright I think I've gotten back to everyone who's reached out but I am definitely still looking for at least one more person, so I will keep this thread open until that's filled.

Back
Top Bottom