Tainted Blood in Baghdad [Arabian/Middle-Eastern Themed RP]

Currently reading:
Tainted Blood in Baghdad [Arabian/Middle-Eastern Themed RP]

Local time
Today 9:46 PM
I tried this RP idea once before on another site, but it never quite managed to get off the ground, so I figured I'd try my luck here. Suggestions are always welcome!

In the beginning, magic in Arabia was extremely rare, with only a select few families known to be able to perform magical feats. These First Families were greatly honored and respected in all of Arabia, and to this day, the royal family and some of the nobility are said to be direct descendants of the First Families. As a result, magic has been practiced exclusively by members of the upper class for centuries.

But as time went on, peasants and others among the middle and lower classes began to display signs of magical power, angering the nobles and the royal family. In their eyes, these magically-blessed commoners were born from "tainted blood": an illegitimate mixing of the First Families' blood and commoner blood. As the number of Tainted Blood grew, the sultan of the time began a campaign called "the Cleansing", issuing an official decree that any common-born person found to possess magical ability was to be executed. Thus, for as long as most people can remember, hundreds of thousands of common-born people were arrested and killed for having magical power, as were many wrongly-accused innocents, all in the name of maintaining the purity of the First Families' bloodlines. Nowadays, the vast majority of Tainted Blood have been either executed or forced into hiding.

Until now. An underground movement has emerged recently: a cult of common-born magicians known as the Blessed. Through unknown means, the ruthless Blessed has taken over the royal palace virtually overnight, and the sultan and his family have not been seen or heard from since then. How the Blessed have accomplished this massive feat, and the fate of the royal family after the takeover, remains a mystery to this day. However, the Blessed have since declared war on the nobility by implementing their own version of the Cleansing, plunging the capital city of Baghdad into a blood-stained chaos.

This war has only begun to brew. Where will you stand?

bump_kitty.jpg

Back
Top Bottom