Closed Teach Me How To Fight (1880s Western Romance, F for Strong Male)

Currently reading:
Closed Teach Me How To Fight (1880s Western Romance, F for Strong Male)

Summer Rain

⊱✿⊰
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:15 PM
Pronouns
She/her
Hi there! I am hoping to start up a story I really loved with a new partner!

A very brief synopsis: FC is a young woman living alone in the 1880s after the death of her entire family in a housefire. One day while returning from town, she comes across a man with a bullet wound in the ditch. She takes him back to her home to rehabilitate him but later on, finds out he is a thief and a bandit - with a soft side. An unlikely romance forms, and after new light is shed on the death of her family and his old gang returns, she requests he teach her to fight like a man.

About Me/My Writing
  • 28-year-old female living in Eastern Time Zone, most active in the evenings on weekdays and random times on weekends.
  • Post length is approximately 3-5 paragraphs, sometimes longer/shorter depending on the scenario.
  • Smut-friendly but prefer to keep it maybe 30/70 smut/plot.
  • I'm no history buff and don't expect you to be, either. Don't let the Victorian era scare you off! I just enjoy the primitive style of it.
  • Literature/advanced writer. I do type on my phone sometimes so autocorrect can get me sometimes.

What I'm Looking For
  • Someone that can post regularly, ie. 3-4 times a week. I would love if there were some days we could go back and forth just to get the story moving. That being said, I understand things come up in life and you may have to skip a few days.
  • I do not care about your gender, but I do ask for a partner that is 25+.
  • Willing to play the male character in the story!
  • Loves to plot and chat. I LOVE being able to talk about our characters, new ideas, share photos and inspiration, etc.
  • If you want to drop our story, PLEASE tell me. I often get really invested into stories and waiting for a post that will never come is so disheartening. A simple message is all it takes if you're still around the site. Mutual respect is a really big thing for me. That being said I am ghosting friendly; if life happens and you have to disappear totally from the site for awhile I am usually more than willing to pick it back up later. A heads up is ideal but I've had partners have emergencies so I understand!
  • Similarly, if something about the plot is bothering you or you're bored, TELL ME, maybe we can spice it up.
  • Post similar in length to 3-5 paragraphs, give/take. Good grammar, spelling, and third person narrative.

More on the Story

FC (my character) has secluded herself to her family's little farmstead. Four years ago her parents and siblings perished in a fire that she blames herself for. Aside from a big of help from a retired ranch hand, she is alone. The house is worse for wear and the pigs and chickens are always escaping. One day while returning from town, she comes across a man bleeding to death on the side of the road, unconscious. She drags him back behind her horse to her home, where she tends to his wounds until he wakes up.

MC (your character) is rough-around-the-edges, and has made his way through life by thieving and stealing, even murdering if you choose. Hell, he doesn't even know how to treat a little lady and makes playful lewd remarks that go over FC's head at times. At first he is rather cold to the woman, although over time, he sees she is kind and decides to try to keep his manners. To pay her back for saving his life, he begins to start working on mending her home for her. She allows him to stay. He later learns of the death of her family, and gradually begins to open up to her himself. His past is your choice, and you can change things about him as you please.

I am a sucker for drama, and eventually it starts coming from two directions: the gang he used to be comes back looking for loot, seeing that MC has settled down. Additionally, it comes to light that FC did not cause the fire that took away her family, but it was instead caused by a cousin who wanted the insurance money/home willed to him. Due to both of these pressing factors, FC asks MC to help her to be strong - how to fight and defend herself, how to shoot a gun, and how to protect them both. While she's getting stronger he is getting softer, and of course, romance ensues.

Please PM me if you have any questions or are interested!

Last edited:
I've updated the thread with a bit more detail, what I'm looking for, etc. ❤️ Possibly looking for one more partner if the fit is good. 🤠

Reposting - I am currently looking for an active partner - ie someone who can post at least one per day (with some exceptions of course). I have quite a few slower RPs right now and am getting a bit antsy! You will absolutely have my heart if we can go back and forth every so often too, to get the story moving!

Back
Top Bottom