Both Needed Temporal Rift Warriors/Sages Interest Check

Currently reading:
Both Needed Temporal Rift Warriors/Sages Interest Check

Novama

Knight
Local time
Today 4:40 AM
The OOC: https://writerssanctum.com/threads/colony-of-time-ooc-open-and-accepting.10544/

This rp would follow the player characters on an adventure that starts in a time and place out of the flow of time. The characters are warriors, scholars, adventurers, and other individuals that have sworn oaths to the 'Queen' and to the protection of her realm and the timeline of the world.

The story would follow the characters on one such adventure where they would travel through rifts to a time and particular place to ensure history plays out as it must according to the wishes of the 'Queen' or the chronicles found in their base of operations.

The exact location and scenario will vary based on the 'Posted' interests of those who give feedback to this thread. The nature of the characters could vary as well. This rp will likely be a high fantasy type, so even if the characters are fairly normal, expect the world to have some surprises, magic, fantasy elements.

Preferred feedback template:
1. locations/settings that would peak your interest (ex: haunted marshes, cities in the clouds, towns on cliffs)
2. Desired rules or options for character creation (ex: I want characters to be able to use magic, leap tall builds, be as large as giants)
3. Scenarios (ex: stopping an antagonist, Aiding a faction in their cause, offering a solution to a hopeless plight)
4. other suggestions, comments, inspiration
5. How interested are you in the idea so far? (any deal breakers or deal makers?)

portal.png

wallpaper-1904278.jpg
shorts-jan18.jpg
rMpJ9mV.jpg

Last edited:
1. locations/settings that would peak your interest (ex: haunted marshes, cities in the clouds, towns on cliffs)
That concept art is EVERYTHING, I love the idea of jumping around places. My own favourite location/settings are that kind of medieval/fantasy world of cobblestone streets and horse-drawn carts.

2. Desired rules or options for character creation (ex: I want characters to be able to use magic, leap tall builds, be as large as giants)
I think that only the warriors/ queens' servants should be able to use magic. It would be cool if each character had a different role/power?

3. Scenarios (ex: stopping an antagonist, Aiding a faction in their cause, offering a solution to a hopeless plight)
The idea of making sure history goes to plan excites me! The main characters could try and collaborate with historical groups of people, eg/ help invent the guillotine for the French Revolution?

I like the image of the gates. Maybe each character is charged with the care of one realm?

5. How interested are you in the idea so far? (any deal breakers or deal makers?)
VERY INTERESTED

You have made me consider something important: the characters will need the ability to understand/communicate with the people/creatures they meet. May have some that still couldn't be understood for various reasons for the sake of creating that particular obstacle in the adventure.

Recently had a thought for gladiator type setting. Not necessarily a roman setting. Could be any setting where combatants are treated like stars and there are locations for controlled, competitive blood sport.

I suppose I should mention, it's my intention to play all npc's and the world. Ex-lover in character backstory. Old man on the corner. Bird flying over head. Random avalanche in a valley. That sort of stuff.
The idea is the characters in the rp played by rp'ers would drive the story by interacting with the stuff I setup for them to interact with or dump on them to deal with.
An example may be:
"the party has stepped through the rift and immediately finds themselves in a lit up city at night. Various strangers in modern apparel walk past the group while paying them little mind. Before the party has time to acclimate themselves, they hear the screeching of tires on asphalt and revving of an engine as a sports car tares out of an alleyway and heads straight for them."

The characters would then have the option of posting for how they handle the situation and what their intentions are next. My next post would be to say how everyone did and the outcomes of any other actions.

"Jan successfully evaded the car by dive rolling to the side. She was then able to quickly and quietly take some modern clothes from a nearby thrift shop while mostly everyone else seemed preoccupied with the cars driving through the pedestrian walk way."

Maybe each character has their own specific skill set like strength, brains, magic, cunning, firepower, stealth, etc.

Definitely possible. I would prefer each character to feel as though it offers something unique to the group for the sake of teamwork, comradery, and perhaps some drama.

I loooooooovveeee oceans, seas, puddles, lakes etc... Just a fan of marine settings in general, be that in fantasy, sci-fi or modern time story telling. That and I love quirky fantastical forests, think: thick canopies, mushroom trees, livings flora etc... And... Well, I suppose I just like all settings. To me the setting/location is mostly a nice add-on to the story I am currently writing.

No overpoweredness. I do not mind players wanting to make strong, interesting and cool charachters. But an enormous push factor for me is when a story is filled with fearless characters that have no weaknesses, or 'weaknesses' such as being anti-social or needing a lot of food. I love my stories to have looming danger, so as a result I love the characters to not be immensily powerful.

Whatever the lead writer, which in this case would be you, would present us. No particular preferences for me at this point.

Hmmm... Make sure you get your time rift lore in a solid place. Only back to the past? Will there be characters from the far future? The past?

Count me in if it ever starts going. The only deal breaker for me would be my desired rule in part 2 of this post. I really, really dislike power trips. If pc's are going to be hugely powerful to the point of mild ridiculousness when magic is a thing, I will respectfully step away. Not to shove my oppinion down everyone's throat, but I just know I'd not enjoy myself in that case.

I personally prefer characters with clear limits as well. Even if the characters are powerful or become that way, it's my intention to introduce meaningful story obstacles.

It would seem we have some interest now so its my intention to set up a more official ooc thread and rp rules tomorrow.

1. Locations/settings that would peak your interest: Love the idea of cliff town, maybe lake towns and marshes as well!

2. Desired rules or options for character creation: Realistic faceclaims (just a personal preference), and I totally agree that they should have individual powers. J have an amaoides for my character.

3. Scenarios: Perhaps there is another nation/terrorist group that is trying to assassinate the Queen because of a valuable resource she is keeping from them, so it is the warriors job to protect her and the people.

4. Other suggestions, comments, inspiration: I don't know if you have ever seen it, but the concept art really reminds me of a video game my little brother plays called Rayman: Origins lol.

5. How interested are you in the idea so far? I am very interested, on the condition that the warriors can have unique powers.

Back
Top Bottom