Currently reading:
The Beginning and the End — February 2019 Challenge Winner

PerfectPorcelain

I could be your perfect disaster...
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:53 AM
**What makes this story significant is that if you read it top to bottom,
it tells the story of a romance beginning.
If you read the story from the bottom to the top,
it shows a relationship coming to an end.**

Candace started to walk away, heading to her car as rain started to fall from the sky. Mason staring down at the ground, wrestled with the feelings inside of himself.

He hesitated a moment before he whispered, "Please don't leave." Candace turned, her eyes shielded by her curtain of blonde hair.

"Why?" She asked, clutching her purse, poised to leave. She could tell there was something hidden behind his eyes.

"I care about you," Mason admitted, taking a step closer to her.

Candance looked at Mason, in silence, thinking over all they had been through together. She knew that it was definitely time to turn to the next page of their relationship.

"I can't do this anymore," she said with a sad smile on her face. "I know that this could end up hurting both of us, but I feel like I'm living a lie." She mustered her courage and looked him in the eyes as she continued, "I have to be honest with myself and my feelings."

Mason, confused, asked, "What?" He had loved Candace since the moment they had met, and he wondered if this would be a defining moment in their relationship - maybe something that would alter it completely.

"I'm sorry," she said, "I know I'm being confusing, but I just need to get something off my chest."

Tears in her eyes, Candace wrapped Mason in a hug, crying into his shoulder.

"I just love you so much," she sobbed.

Mason pulled away and looked at her, a hesitant smile on his face, as he asked, "Is anything wrong?"

"No," Candace replied in a quiet voice. "I'm just a little overwhelmed."

"Want to grab some coffee?" Mason asked as Candance looked down at their intertwined fingers.

Mason, smiling, walked hand in hand with Candace toward the downtown coffee shop, happy and blissful as ever.

I am genuinely impressed. by this.
Hats off to you. I could never think of, or pull something like this off in a dozen lifetimes.

Back
Top Bottom