Unspecified THE ELDER SCROLLS ROLEPLAY

Currently reading:
Unspecified THE ELDER SCROLLS ROLEPLAY

Dunmer

Serf
Local time
Today 7:40 PM
Good evening, everyone!

I've been writing/roleplaying on and off for about 13 years, been loving The Elder Scrolls franchise for the same amount of time (if not longer than that). Having said that, I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim, Morrowind scared me when I tried to pick it up, haha. What I'm looking for is simply a roleplay set in the Elder Scrolls universe, lore and adventure-centered. I am not a lore expert, I can assure you of that, and mostly do research as I go along, as my memory is quite bad and I tend to forget things easily. My writing style is descriptive, 3rd person, multi-paragraph, and it is also what I expect of my partners. In general, I do have some personal rules that I would like to list to avoid wasting your time, or even my own. Here goes:
> My typical length is 500-800 words.
> Replies may be spaced out if I am busy with life, or uninspired. I may reply every day, every week, on occasion I may reply a couple of times within a month.
> Strictly 3rd person, literate, no text talk.
> Contribute to the plot, create events and give your character a personality. I don't want to feel like I'm writing with a dummy.
> I like to be friendly, but I don't usually bring up my own, personal life. I write so I can escape reality, basically.
> Remain canon as much as possible. Research is appreciated, but not required, but do put some effort in to respect the lore.
> Don't bother if you're only looking for romance. I'm mostly looking for adventure and world-building together. If romance evolves organically it is welcome, but forcing it is a big no-no. I *will* be pointing it out if I sense it.
> I do enjoy talking about the plot, and arranging events that may help with world and character-building. If you have an idea you can always share it with me :)
> No Mary-Sue's or overpowered, flawless characters. Be realistic.
> Generally, realism. I cannot stress this enough. Mention the small things now and then, they help immerse you into the plot.
> Abuse of children and animals is off the table. It can be mentioned of course (I am opting for realism after all) but if that's your "thing" in general, please don't bother reaching out to me.
> If you don't have time, or don't feel like writing there's no need to be apologetic. Just drop me a message if you feel like it :)

Now, as for my characters. I'm not very big on making character sheets, however I can provide them for two of the ones I will be listing below. Again, here goes:

> Rebgun: Male. Nord. 1.98m/6'5''. Heavyset. Blonde hair. Vampiric crimson eyes.
My canon Dragonborn, and the first ever character I created in Skyrim. Once a revered member of the Companions and saviour of Tamriel, after the defeat of Alduin and the knowledge of the Dragonrend shout, corruption quickly began to take over him until it turned him into a man that people feared, not looked up to. He accepted Molag Bal's gift and since then slowly began to retreat from civilization, taking up residence in an abandoned fortress-castle in Falkreath Hold, which he only strays from if needed. He is constantly being pursued by Hircine's followers as the Daedric Prince cursed him when Rebgun decided to discard his beastly nature in favour of the undead one. Despite his past, great deeds, folks tend to avoid discussions regarding him, partly due to fear and/or resentment towards his inglorious transformation. He is a corrupt, cruel and manipulative individual, with little to no moral inhibitions.
> Rynil Tomlyas: Male. Dunmer. 1,81m/5'8''. Lean build. Black hair with faded copper highlights. Bright red eyes.
Born and raised in Solstheim after his family fled Morrowind before the Red Year, guided by the insight of Azura. Since a young child he had no aptitude for magic, and instead yearned to travel and explore Tamriel, which his family frowned upon. The first step were the Skaal which further fuelled his longing for travel, and at the tender age of 30, he finally left everything behind to travel to Skyrim. After a failed attempt at mercenary work, he discovered his true calling: Delving into Nordic ruins and gambling his life for rich, undiscovered treasures. He spends most of his time alone due to the nature of his work, yet is suprisingly social and friendly. Bonus points if you are from an exotic province: He will talk your ear off and most likely find a way to tag along. He tends to avoid heavy magic-using individuals. (Can provide brief character sheet.)
> Meryl Aran: Male. Dunmer. 1,78m/5'10''. Scrawny build. Black hair. Bright red eyes.
A character I've had for over 12 years, ever since the Oblivion glory days of my childhood. Born and raised in Morrowind under the protection of the Indoril House. His outspoken hatred towards the Tribunal and undercover plans to overthrow them landed him a harsh faith. Before he could flee the province, his pursuers murdered his wife and, when he took the life of his only child and trapped her essence in Soul Cairn to prevent her incoming death, it became his life's mission to bring her back. He successfully fled the province and spent decades travelling in an attempt to find a way to resurrect her. He only settled in Skyrim when he began to focus his research on the Dwemer and their machines, believing it to be the only way he could bring her back. He dislikes both men and mer alike, and downright hates his own people. In fact, about the only race he can tolerate is Khajiit after a prolonged stay in Elsweyr, during which he came to appreciate their unique nature. Over the years, he steadily became more hostile, snappy and antisocial, with a particular knack for paranoia. In fact, his mental state has deteriorated to such a degree that the only way he can function is by constantly using Calm spells onto his own self.
> Ascamuhr Aran: Female. Dunmer. 1,78m/5'8''. Lean build. Curly, black hair with dim, red highlights. Blood-red eyes.
After decades of her childish soul deteriorating in the dark, miserable plains of Soul Cairn, borrowed eyes would open again to the sight of a skeletal figure she could hardly recognise. But she did; Her father had brought her back, finally after all those years, and he would linger for a few more, long enough to pass on to her as much of the knowledge he had accumulated over the years as he could. But then he was gone as well, leaving her alone again, in a world much more colourful, but just as dark. Travelling lead her to no home and family, and with her body deteriorating twice as fast due to her unnatural reanimation, she was left with no purpose, and little time to discover one. Her prolonged stay in Soul Cairn left a lasting impact on her psyche: She is rather apathetic towards misfortune and gore and cares little for earthly matter and mindless conversation. The concept of companionship is all but unknown to her. (Can provide brief character sheet.)
> Ikett: Male. Khajiit. 1,82m/5'11''. Lean build. Pitch-black fur with a single white patch (resembling a moustache) on the left side of the face. Bright, yellow eyes.
Another character I've had for over 12 years. Ikett was orphaned when bandits raided the Khajiiti caravan that his parents belonged to and left no survivors. Or so it seemed. The cub was picked up and raised (not for a lack of trying to get rid of either) by a Dunmeri mage that went by the name of Meryl Aran. Besides the mage, the Khajiit became acquainted with Dunmeri history, the language, and several schools of magic. Despite being raised by a bitter, hostile mer, Ikett displays an extraordinary interest in life and, although his words are few most of the time, when he does speak he is known to be witty, enigmatic and at times quite cynical. Though Meryl made sure to frequently remind him that he is not his guardian, Ikett is fond of him as if he would be a father, or an uncle of sorts to him.

You can pick and choose any of the above characters that interests you, but as you understand, the times and dates are different for each one. For instance, Ikett would be long gone by the time Ascamuhr would come along. Additionally, I am always open to developing parts of the characters' backstories so, for instance, we could write about a time when Rebgun was not corrupt, or a time during which Meryl had not yet settled in Skyrim and was still on the lookout for a way to bring back his daughter. These are mere examples, and I am always open to brainstorming and coming up with fresh new ideas. As I mentioned in my rules above, I greatly appreciate mutual interest in the storyline and coming up with ideas to keep things interesting and even unexpected ;) The p-word you're looking for is s'wit, by the way. Your character can be of any race, gender, age, ethnicity, political faction and/or guild. The only boundary I am setting here to prevent god-modding is divine beings (such as Daedric princes, the Divines, etc), and also, in the chance that you decide to go with Rebgun, it goes without saying that your character can't also be a Dragonborn. That being said, you don't have to provide a character sheet, but I would appreciate a brief summary of their life and character, or anything else you find noteworthy about them; In general, I enjoy getting to know characters through the roleplay itself, which is why I also kept things above brief and vague.

Now, I would be more than happy to provide you with a sample of my writing via PM, and I would expect the same of you just to make sure that we are on a similar page writing-wise.

Now, I think it's about time that I wrap this post up. To anyone who took the time to read all this, you are a champ, honestly. If you share my love for this universe and would like to create something beautiful and unique together, feel free to reach out to me, either in the comments here or just shoot me a PM. While I do occasionally delve into other fandoms as well, The Elder Scrolls is the only thing that has kept my interest throughout my entire teenage and adult life so far, and my love for it is great. I would appreciate the same sort of enthusiasm from my writing partner as well. That being said, I hid a password somewhere in the post to ensure that anyone who reaches out to me has in fact read all of it, so do include it when you express your interest to write together. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to read all this, and I look forward to hearing from some of you. Have a wonderful day ahead!

I have been called forth!!! I'm a MASSIVE Elder Scrolls fan as well!!! ^_^ The Mad Prince is my god! lol
I have played the same games as you just not that much of Marrowind and I have play Elder Scrolls online.....but it was boring after two stoyline(with a dark elf then a khajiit ) play throughs. Oblivion is my all time fave game and the Shivering Isles are the best ever with Runs in circles my 2nd fave character there. lol ^_^
So yeah I'm down for this!!!

I have been called forth!!! I'm a MASSIVE Elder Scrolls fan as well!!! ^_^ The Mad Prince is my god! lol
I have played the same games as you just not that much of Marrowind and I have play Elder Scrolls online.....but it was boring after two stoyline(with a dark elf then a khajiit ) play throughs. Oblivion is my all time fave game and the Shivering Isles are the best ever with Runs in circles my 2nd fave character there. lol ^_^
So yeah I'm down for this!!!
Sounds like we'd make a great match writing-wise! Feel free to send me a PM with a writing sample and the password so we can also discuss a plot! Let me know if there's a particular character that interests you as well.

Back
Top Bottom