Closed The Fall of an Empire [Interest Check]

Currently reading:
Closed The Fall of an Empire [Interest Check]

Artemis

Duke
Local time
Today 12:00 PM
Intro

Hey everyone! So, I've had this idea running around in my head for quite a while, exploring the Fall of an Empire, and the subsequent clamor for the throne - both by the rightful heir and foreign interests. Perhaps there are two seemingly rightful heirs, perhaps there is a true one and a false. This will depend upon what everyone is interested in doing.

As I sat down to do the worldbuilding, I kinda realized just how massive my plans were for the Empire, and decided to see if there was enough interest to warrant the time sunk into it.

Story So Far
The Vorian Empire is vast, incorporating what once was a jumbled mess of kingdoms, now united solely under the rule of God-Empress. Their military is unrivaled, elite troops bred for battle, mingled with Battle Mages, each with undying loyalty to the throne. The Seekers assure that remains the case, assuring that all know the Empress's Divine Truth is all they know.

The use of Magic is carefully regulated, on those with the blessing of the Empress may practice it. The Inquisition seeks out any unregulated, capturing them when they can, killing them when they cannot. Those unlucky enough to be captured alive are sent to the Black School. The horrors they face are unthinkable - magic offers so many options to torture one's soul beyond the point of breaking. Any who emerge are loyal completely to the Empress.

Roles

I'm still trying to decide if this is going to be following the Empress's daughter, or some other group in the empire. Would love some feedback on this.
Class:

Yes, I'm limiting this to a class-based system, because I'm a nerd. Also I think it will help narrow down backstories a bit, but I would be open to changing it.

Currently, there is:
Witch/Wizard

- Born with an affinity for magic, but requires further training to harness powers.
- Typically trained at the Black School.
- Knows a variety of spells, rituals, etc.

Sorcer/ess

- Born with innate talent based on bloodline.
- Empire has a record of all these bloodlines and will ensure their loyalty.
- It is, however, possible to have the bloodline skip many generations, and a Sorcerer might be able to conceal it.
- Powers are limited and rely heavily on bloodline.

Warlock

- Born with no magical talent, obtains through a pact with a fiend, old god, or ancient being.

- Due to being gifted magic, struggles to control, often volatile consequences for using. [I have a chart in mind].

- Powerful, though unpredictable.

- Seen as heretics, ruthlessly hunted by members of the Inquisition. Either killed, or taken alive, and broken into subservience.

Currently working on:

Inquisitor
Seeker
Some brute variant.
Characters

I'm still working on the character creation, but this is what I'm picturing.

Name:
Physical Description:
Role:
Class:
Backstory:
Spells (If applicable):

Anything else you'd like to add is up to you.

I'm still here! What's the next step?

If you somehow made it through this jumbled mess and are still interested, please PM me. I wouldn't mind a partner, or even a few to help out on worldbuilding.

To anyone that was interested, I appreciate your interest. But I'm currently struggling to keep up with my existing RPs, on top of school and life, and going to set this to the side. There is a possibility I will open this again sometime in the future, but currently it's just not a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom