ThatEnglishBean

Absolutely Tea-lightful
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:16 PM
Pronouns
Earl/Grey
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night! Thud

Firstly, I thank you, beautiful reader, for stopping by! I've just popped the kettle on, so feel free to take a seat by the fire. Get the Writers' Block out. Do you enjoy Earl Grey?

This is going to become my hodge-podge of writing ideas, themes or storylines that I currently crave. Things will come and go akin to the whims of my muse, mostly. Though fret not, I'm always happy to utilise the same idea amongst multiple partners. If I list an idea as Taken, it's purely so I can keep track of what's going on and what isn't! I implore you, delve and desire to your hearts' content.

Before any musings are laid bare, I do have some standard rulings before I start to write. Your co-operation in reading through them before going any further is appreciated. I'm also happy to adapt/tweak a couple of rules to suit any potential partner, so while they are rigid, they aren't cast into stone.

1 - Any and all characters must be minimum of 18+. While I personally expect this of any partner, it's also Sanctum rules. Lollicons, begone. If your character isn't affected by the Temporal winds and doesn't age as we'd understand it, then they are to be the equivalent thereof. No exceptions.

2 - I'm perfectly okay with characters being "Overpowered", but keep in mind that OP doesn't mean invincible. Even my most powerful character functions more as a Glass Cannon rather than immortal deity. I'm not saying to make your characters weaknesses obvious and completely debilitating all the time, however. A little intrigue never hurt anybody!

3 - Romance is fine for me, but please don't force it just because your character is secretly a love-sick puppy looking for head pats. Your character(s) can be lustful or flirtacious, go right ahead. They can even be a secret hooker for all I care. But for the love of Twinnings, don't expect an immediate romance between characters.

4 - I hope you'll find I'm pretty easy going when it comes to ideas, even if it's not strictly "in line" with what we're potentially discussing. Go all out! But at least ground the wacky in the sincere. Magic is more lenient in this regard, but I don't want to see replicas of the Manhattan Project being whipped up in a Low Fantasy setting, aye?

5 - While I don't always expect constant and consistent replies (God knows I can't throw stones in that glass house...), at least let me know if you're either a sparse replier or you may not be able to reply for a while. Or if you've just lost interest in what we're doing! While I may tut at you a little, I'd rather you level with me rather than ghost me.

6 - I enjoy OOC conversations with my partners. No real reason why, but I enjoy talking to the people behind the creativity we conjure. If you'd rather keep OOC for RP discussion or problem solving, then it's going to be a rough road ahead of us...

7 - I'd greatly appreciate it if you could PM me with the idea title you have interest in, rather than commenting here. If you'd like to write together but don't find any of these ideas to your fancy, then just include the word "Kerfuffle" anywhere in the title and I'll understand what you're intending!

This list is subject to change/addition/removal as times warrant it. If you're not sure on something, then feel free to ask!

Splendid! Now that we have the politics out of the way... I'll explain how I'll format my ideas/settings:

Name: Spoiler Title
Theme: -
Fluffy/Dark: -
Time Period: -
General Geographic Setting: -
Brief Overview/Intention: -
Preferred Character: -
(Character Register to be completed at a later date)

All of my ideas shall be posted in a Spoiler. Feel free to search through each one and give them a read! Or if you aren't taken to any of the ideas here but still want to create something together, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it together!

Until such a time, my lovely darlings... I hope you have a wonderful day and I greatly appreciate the time you've taken to read this! Until next time...

-- ThatEnglishBean

Theme: High Fantasy
Fluffy/Dark: Middle Ground
Time Period: If you can imagine Lord of the Rings knocking up Edo Period Japan? Then clearly the internet has desensitised you to illogical sexualisation.
General Geographic Location: Russia/China/Japan
Brief Overview: Daemons, Angelicals, Dragons.... It's a typical setting for most fantasy lands. However, what happens to those left at the bottom? The Humans who never knew magic. The Humans who struggle against Goblins. There is no Merlin. There is no Arthur. The Humans aren't quite the bottom of the food chain, but that doesn't mean they're climbing the ranks. So, what can we do?
Preferred Character: Fresh Creation

Theme: Modern Supernatural
Fluffy/Dark: Dark, but not Violent
Time Period: Modern Day
General Geographic Location: Apartment Office Room. City can be discussed
Brief Overview: The life of an Author, and a best-selling one at that, is often strange. But what happens when your imagination is so intrinsic that it begins to actually materialise around you? Vampyres calling at your door. Lycans prowling your apartment building. Antediluvian nightmares wanting to find the source of your power. The only defence? The keyboard you type on.
Preferred Character: Fresh Creation (Until Character Registry is complete)

Theme: Supernatural and Anti-Naturalism
Fluffy/Dark: So dark that you'll need a half-broken torch to navigate it
Time Period: Modern Day (I'm also okay with a 100yr back or forwards. No further.)
General Geographic Location: 1st World Country; open to suggestion
Brief Overview: We've all heard the "What If" questions spawned about some of the harshest people in history. What if Hitler won, what if Genghis didn't stop conquering, what if Stalin didn't let go of his Communist Regime... You get the idea. This world takes place after the mythological creatures (from the tiny implings and faeries all the way up to dead gods and barbaric Hellions) had enough of Humans and their false sense of superiority. The Villains won. But does this mean that the idea of a Hero would be re-written?
Preferred Character: Fresh Creation, albeit a Human/Mortal/Mundane type

Theme: Futuristic Utopia(ish)
Fluffy/Dark: In between. Can contain violence, but isn't the intention at large
Time Period: Imagine Cyberpunk 2077 but less... Well, shite
General Geographic Location: US/UK University. Would prefer UK, as I don't understand the American Education System all that well
Brief Overview: You know how people say that Technology is taking over our lives? Now it has. Technology can enable people to see, speak, taste, touch and smell like never before. While the technology isn't perfect, it's always improving; working wonders for people with disabilities. Some are slow to accept this change, however, and become increasingly worried that people will become more machine than organic. Which side are you on?
Preferred Character: Arthur Bains (Awaiting update in Character Register)

Theme: Dieselpunk (Steampunk, but with crude oil/basic petroleum instead)
Fluffy/Dark: Majority dark, but has room for calmer moments
Time Period: After WW1 and before WW2
General Geographic Location: Major Capital City in a Western Nation (EU/US)
Brief Overview: The new law was passed about this time last year; poverty is now a crime. And if you cannot prove your value in other ways like labour or testing, you shall be 'processed'. Kids, the homeless, soldiers who returned with nothing but shattered minds and bodies, elderly... Anybody. The country lacked the resources to afford any form of care towards the impoverished; the idea of corporations shaking hands with feudalism in a system we had only recently moved away from. But what can you do when you've lost even the nothingness you were left with?
Preferred Character: Fresh Creation

Theme: Degenerative Dystopia
Fluffy/Dark: Middle grounds, dark setting with a more light hearted plotting
Time Period: 30yrs from today
General Geographic Location: Any Major city with a subway/metro train network
Brief Overview: Well, it was bound to happen eventually. Either we nuked ourselves, a robot uprising, generic overuse of resources until we deplete everything and rampage out of selfishness. Somehow though, it was none of those. What got us was a general sense of lethargic apathy. The religious would call it the Sin of Sloth. And now, everything up top is just... useless. So now those of us remaining just live amongst the rust and dangerous sunlight.
Preferred Character: Zanik La'Croix (Without his magical abilities)

"Farm boy, dear farm boy
Please fetch me that dish"
He smiled obliged
And replied "As you wish"

If she wished this dear farm boy
Would do anything
He would take on a kingdom
To make her his queen

He would sail any sea
He would scale insane cliffs
For true love will prevail
As he said "As you wish"

Defeating the greatest
Of swordsman with ease
Any giant of giants
He'd bring to it's knees

If she wished he would face
Many foes of all kinds
He would outwit the most
Inconceivable minds

Through pits of despair
Fire swamps full of strife
Sure he might mostly die
But true love gives him life

Oh he'd rise if he died
For that most precious kiss
For his princess his bride
He replied "As you wish"

Last edited:
Hey, can I send here or message you? I find the first idea of the perfect world interesting. I was also looking for something along the lines recently.You have that still open?

Do you have time for your modern supernatural idea? The supernatural is something I absolutely love and will never get tired of writing about. I like that you want it dark, but not violent. I'm looking for something like that right now.

Back
Top Bottom