Autumnal The Haunted House Escape - OPEN - Anyone can join in at any time!

Currently reading:
Autumnal The Haunted House Escape - OPEN - Anyone can join in at any time!





The keypad flashes yellow once, then green, then the lights turn off. It appears to be reset.

 
{{ Seems I should prob put the code in thee door… but likeee I dun wanna >.> }}

[[@jumbled action: I freak out for a little bit because the umbrella just like ate sonder and then I remember the padlock and key Trask were handing off. I skedaddle to it & with a trembling hand (because I’m v scared, obv) I carefully put the key into the lock]]
 
Last edited:




With proper fingering of that hole... key hole... Wine unlocks the padlock, fearful as she is, and the box creaks open. As she moves the box around, is sounds like something is rolling inside of it.

 





The rolling objects sounded like they were weighted, and metal against metal.

You reach inside and feel two cylindrical objects. One side is wide and sounds like glass with a tap of a nail. The other side has give and feels closer to rubber. Is that a button?
The handle itself it textured and is indeed metallic. They are no larger than a TV remote.



 




Ah, yes, two flashlights perhaps, but how will you know if they work when you don't light the path?

The keypad flashes in red for the third time in error, blinking far more rapidly than it had on the previous failed attempts.

Oh no, is the keypad locked out of tries for a pretend time limit that we'll say happens naturally because this is a forum and I can't actually set a timer for this that's weird right?! Ahhhh 😱


 
I love this so much. You don't even know.
 
I don't trust the 1 in the code.

The streak is on the dusty picture frame, not in the picture. Why would that be the clue when the other clues are all in the picture itself? A code shouldn't rely on the picture being dusty. What was the clue when the house is clean?

[[I grab the flashlight, flip it on, go to the Christmas picture and count the number of presents]]
 
For the love of God, please consider how much light is in the room.... >.>
 
-cough- James, edit your post -cough- Honestly if this was in person, I feel like when a person is holding a flashlight or anything with a button there is a very specific instinct.
 
I might have missed this so sorry but question: do we have access to phones or flashlights, candles when things get dark?

Guys I’m sick… ignore me for the love of god.
 




Fidgeting with the flashlight (I was here the WHOLE time), James clicks the buttons, the light shines a dark purple in the room.

When James attempts to look at the photo, the dust shines brightly, illuminating around the darkened straight line he suspected was a number 1. The UV light makes it too difficult to count gifts.

Out the corner of his eye, he catches a glimpse of something on another frame.


There are no other sources of light in the room currently, because people left everything outside except their clothes. Firefly's ass doesn't count as a light source rn.

 
Back
Top Bottom