Autumnal The Haunted House Escape - OPEN - Anyone can join in at any time!

Currently reading:
Autumnal The Haunted House Escape - OPEN - Anyone can join in at any time!

I mean, thinking under a general puzzle that would go in an escape room, I feel like the swapping and changing between reasons for the numbers doesnt fit.....so if we go the 6 or the 9, it would more like relate the the months of each event or the dates.... but easter doesn't fall on an exact date like the rest nor in the same month every year. This was my reasoning for disgarding these
 
With the UV numbers on the frames and pictures, we can safely just discard what is in the photos. If there are numbers written on the pictures and frames, the pattern is clearly:

1. Pictures tell you the order

2. UV light/Sharpie tells you the number.

There is no reason to look for numbers in the photos when each photo can only have one number and we have 4 written numbers. If it was the number of people or the number in the photo or whatever, that would be consistent and we already tried that.

Ultimately, this puzzle was made to be solvable. If you need to make a leap in logic not contained in a clue, you're overcomplicating the puzzle because no one would assume someone would make such a leap when designing it.

We need to match the pictures back with their frames. The missing one might be the birthday and the clue on the envelope.
 
So, lowkey, I did not think ahead to the possibility of people doing certain actions... my bad. I'm new to this!

I'm going to take some time to make specific details to the photos. But because I'm me, and I do this all the time. I made a picture guide. It's not giving away anything more than what you have already found. But I'll spoiler it anyway!

39188a456ec7a0f75268d3d3ca4dfc7f.png
 





Alex checks the envelope for any missed clues, but there's nothing left to discover!

 
Yup! They sure do! Hence me doing the image instead of trying to type it and over explain or possibly confuse! I needed to make this edit for sanity's sake.
 





You all feel that enough time has passed and that the keypad will be active now.

You recall that it locked you out after 3 failed attempts.

 
At this point, I think we might be fucked. There are an absurd number of possible combos and Halloween now has two different numbersβ€”the eight on the glass and the two on the back. We don't know which order the 7 or 1 go in unless someone can match them back to their specific photo. If we had four numbers certain and locked down the order, it would make sense to just brute force the birthday number, even with the lockout. But we can't, because we would never know if that number is wrong or if we just have one of the others mixed up.

10 combos we could brute force. Right now we have something like 50 and no clues seem to narrow it down.
 
My God James. So dramatic. D:
 
At this point, I think we might be fucked. There are an absurd number of possible combos and Halloween now has two different numbersβ€”the eight on the glass and the two on the back. We don't know which order the 7 or 1 go in unless someone can match them back to their specific photo. If we had four numbers certain and locked down the order, it would make sense to just brute force the birthday number, even with the lockout. But we can't, because we would never know if that number is wrong or if we just have one of the others mixed up.

10 combos we could brute force. Right now we have something like 50 and no clues seem to narrow it down.
We have three tries again, so I say we stick with the 2 on the halloween photo and assume that it's correct and go from there
 
With the UV numbers on the frames and pictures, we can safely just discard what is in the photos. If there are numbers written on the pictures and frames, the pattern is clearly:

1. Pictures tell you the order

2. UV light/Sharpie tells you the number.

There is no reason to look for numbers in the photos when each photo can only have one number and we have 4 written numbers. If it was the number of people or the number in the photo or whatever, that would be consistent and we already tried that.

Ultimately, this puzzle was made to be solvable. If you need to make a leap in logic not contained in a clue, you're overcomplicating the puzzle because no one would assume someone would make such a leap when designing it.

We need to match the pictures back with their frames. The missing one might be the birthday and the clue on the envelope.
This felt so close to reason, before. And then you jumped to 50 possible guesses lmao
 
This felt so close to reason, before. And then you jumped to 50 possible guesses lmao

If people had been systematic in how they did things, it would be far less. But right now, we have clues we cannot place in the proper order.

Unless we can retroactively match picture to frame:

1. 10 guesses for birthday. Some are more likely than others, but there is no one obvious number

2. Double that because 7 and 1 might need to swap positions

3. Potentially double again if we are wrong to use the 2 for Halloween.

The code only tells you if the total answer is right or wrong. Not how many are wrong or if a number is in the right place. So in other words, we can't narrow down the why of any failure.

Maybe we could speculate that the Halloween 8 used to be on the birthday picture, since those frames share an orientation, but even that is just a wild guess to explain an 8 that otherwise makes no sense.
 
I can't quite figure out how the "one dollar for each missed birthday -> 4 dollars dropped out" and 4 connects. Could be important. Or a red herring??? Also: June 9, 2007.
@Sonder_ mentioned 6 and 9 as new digits. But are we going to just ignore the year...?
I feel like this is important! Considering this is true

easter - A UV number
BDay - 4 ($4)
Halloween - back showed 2
Christmas - back had 0
NYE - a UV number
 
Sometimes people see dust and draw in it for no reason man. Maybe they tried to make a peen and it turned into an 8. Who can say?
 
{{I think I’m with Torak’s logic here. We’ve got a 7 & 1 we know go somewhere too, just don’t know where exactly. We get 3 tries, maybe we just try both?

7-4-2-0-1 & 1-4-2-0-7 }}

[[@jumbled action: I mimic Rime & Fyfy to a tee, since clearly they’re professionals at this, and meander over to the keypad, cross my fingers (& my toes cus I’m a quick learner) and enter 7-4-2-0-1]]
 
Back
Top Bottom