Autumnal The Haunted House Escape - OPEN - Anyone can join in at any time!

Currently reading:
Autumnal The Haunted House Escape - OPEN - Anyone can join in at any time!






Baffled hands Alex the box and he holds it curiously.

First he examines the bottom, discovering a small circular hole, with what seems like the end part of a screw sticking out of it, dead center.

Then he checks inside, feeling around until he finds a small velvet tab that allows him to lift the bottom cover up, revealing a second layer to the box.

He finds two dollars as well as a gold key.


 





The gargoyle's pillar is polished wood, and the slots are large enough that you can stick your fingers inside of them if you wanted to.

You run your hand along each of them and peer into the slots, feeling something against the back wall that you can't quite figure out.

You ask someone to shine the standard flashlight into them for a better look.

You see three lines, like a pattern or symbol that's protruding from the otherwise flat surface.

In the middle, you notice a I and an X. Suddenly it dawns on you.

The top hole has a boss shaped like a III.
The middle has a IX.
The bottom has a IV.


*Boss: A raised, solid projection or shape on a part intended to align with or fit inside a mating hole.
 
[[ @Jumbled Action: I decide to take the newly discovered gold key and try it on the two locked desk drawers. Also, I look around and notice @Sonder_ looking lost, so I remind her we have a screwdriver, and there's a screw on the jewelry box, if she wants to help out by trying that. Or the wooden cube, journal, or other volumes - there's plenty that she could examine.]]
 
Torack was talking about sketching out the room- and maybe it would help! So I'm gonna try to scribble up some fun nonsense here... LOL

22eb950aa1bb3d304d4ef44b554719ef.png
 
The bottom of the box has a screw, and that makes me think it screws into something? I dunno what though

Just from being in the room, can we guess if the box fits into the drawers?

EDIT:




● The gargoyle has 3 vertical slots in the podium. (Not examined further)

● The first portrait is labeled Henry Boyd (I haven't done a description for him, I didn't want to add details that might confuse or mislead, but soon I'll type up some descriptions!)

● The coffee table had a jewelry box, the bottom was not flush, a single ruby earring is inside of it. (not examined further)

● Book volumes left on the shelf were A-D-E-H-S.

● Book D was explored, it seems enchanted.

● Book H was explored, it has a lot to say about Hades and also has a cut-out to hide things.

● There is a safe, it was opened code: H-A-D-E-S.

● Inside the safe you all found $3, a wooden block. (not examined further)

● ... And a Note which reads:

THE UNDERWORLD LAYAWAY AGREEMENT

By decree of the underworld:

In exchange for preforming soul deals and life extension, the tenants shall pay a recurring monthly fee of exactly $4.00.

●
There is a winding key for a music box from inside the desk (not solved)

● There are business cards in the desk (not examined further)



Other things we might want to examine
  • the wooden cube. Is it a music box? And/or could it fit the niche in Volume H, if the jewelry box doesn't?
  • remaining volumes: A, S, E
  • notes on/near desk (the blackened one amd blank one - maybe use UV just incase?)
  • journal

I also just realized we found a winding key, maybe the box is a music box, and that's where the winding key fits?
 
Last edited:






The key fits the desk keyholes, and as Rei tries it on two drawers successfully, the heat radiating around the chair grows stronger.

The typewriter begins to move, keys press on their own.

The paper begins typing out a familiar message.

Everyone stops as they hear the clacking and sliding of the machine as it dings.

THE UNDERWORLD LAYAWAY AGREEMENT
By decree of Hades, Lord of the Dead: In exchange for this haunted estate, the tenants shall pay a recurring monthly fee of exactly $4.00.

Payments must be made in soul-bound paper currency.

The Underworld Bank strictly enforces a 0% tolerance policy for late fees
. If a single month is skipped, the estate will go into lock down, cursing the owners and all those that step foot inside.

If the Underworld Bank does not receive payment, measures will be taken to ensure soul numbers are met.

-Hades


 






You take the winding key and slowly fit it onto the exposed screw, twisting it on with ease.

You twist it until it's a few clicks forward and can hear the chimes of a song from inside of the box.

Somewhere from deeper inside of this house you all hear a haunting, ghostly humming that seems to match the box's melody.



 
My kiddo has a surgery today so I have some hours where I'll be on mobile but I don't have all of my note like I would on the PC so I might be able to answer here and there but otherwise I'll be a little quiet! But that's why. πŸ’œ
 





( In the chaos of my day, I seemed to have missed an action, so let me correct this now. Her surgery went well and everyone is settled down for the night now )

Heather inspects the wooden cube.
The cube itself is polished on one side, and sanded smooth on all of the rest
There is an indent on the back of it that is shaped like a "VI" on the opposite end of the polished side.


The music box plays a few more notes of a song and then stops.

There doesn't seem to be any changes that anyone can report, except for the creepy humming that sometimes sounds so close it could be right behind them, and other times so far away that it must be happening upstairs or in another, undiscovered room.

 
Back
Top Bottom