Challenge Submission The man could dance!

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission The man could dance!

Redfren

Coffee & Books
Staff member
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:10 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Write a Scene of Someone Looking Out on a Crowd!

"I do," Donal said confidently. "He looks like the 'love 'em and leave 'em' type. He's not right for you Evelyn." Donal's hand stroked across her own sweetly. "You need someone different. You need someone who's in it for the long haul, and he's not that guy."

A dark shadow fell over the table as Axel gazed down at them. "What are you long hauling? Dare I take a wild guess?"

Evelyn pulled her hand back quickly from Donal's. Axel stood over the table with his jacket held over one shoulder, he had ditched his suit and tie and looked more gorgeous in casual wear than he had in the suit. Glancing up she swallowed hard as Axle had a fierce frown on his face.
If Donal was intimidated by Axel's caveman behavior, he wasn't showing it at all. "I was just telling my dear friend here how she has to watch out for men who would take advantage of her."
"Yes, she really should be careful of that," Axle said. "She's a beautiful woman. There are a lot of weak men who enjoy lying, out there. People who might misrepresent themselves in order to get close to a woman like Eve."
"Her name is Evelyn," Donal said.
"Is it?" Chuckling in a masculine tone that rumbled his chest like a deep thrumming sound. Axle turned his attention towards Evelyn.

Evelyn looked between the two men her face rife with confusion at the strange tension she felt between them. "Do you two know each other?"
Axle spoke immediately, and his smile grew wide as he ignored Donal and focused fully on her. "No, not at all. I'm just a little jealous is all. I'll tell you what Eve, let me make it up to you, come dance with me."

Evelyn felt her heart speed up. Her eyes turned as she looked out across the crowd that filled the dance floor. Mobs of people were swaying side to side and that number had only grown since she got here. Evelyn was not what she considered a beautiful woman. She was thicker than most women, and even being on a strict diet she held no pride in her appearance. Additionally, she was older than Axle, by at least five years or more. A man like him could easily attract the attention of any woman here and there were many whom she considered far more beautiful. As she was thinking about these things the song that played over the speakers switched from a bouncy pop song to a slow sexy ballad. She sighed again. No one danced to music that sounded like this.

The crowd agreed with her as many of them stepped away and off the floor itself. "Oh, umm…" she hesitated and began to shake her head. "No, sorry I don't think that is a good idea. I'm sure there are a few girls here that would love the chance to dance with you Axle. Thank you though."

Axle's jaw hardened and his voice deepened when he spoke again, extending his hand and standing before her. "Eve, it would please me greatly if you danced with me. I prefer women over girls, and I see no finer woman than the one before me now."
Donal prepared to speak but seeing Eve react to the way Axle behaved he stopped himself.

Axle knew exactly what Eve wanted and needed to hear to get up. As she began to slide herself out of the chair, he reached down and helped her stand. Once she did, he drew her in close before the two proceeded towards the dance floor. They were so close he could feel the heat of her body, and damn near hear the pounding of her heart. "Thank you." He said as the two moved.

Evelyn swore his voice had managed to get even deeper if such a thing was possible. He had a confident quirked up sexy half-smile that drew heavier on his left side. When she met his eyes and saw him looking straight at her, she flushed and quickly turned her head away, having not realized she had been staring.

He led her to the dance floor, her hand felt so small engulfed in his much larger one. God, he made her feel petite. The man looked like a modern-day Viking, why the hell would he be with someone like her? She thought grimly while following him. She glanced around at all the eyes which were watching the two of them. There was almost no one else dancing, she could feel her self-doubts and anxiety start to build, wondering if these people were asking what the big girl was doing with the guy who was obviously way out of her league.

As they reached the center of the floor Axle spoke in a firm tone leaving no doubt that he was being stern with her. "Stop it."
Confused she glanced up at him and blinked a few times before saying. "Stop what?" sighing she realized he was already starting to sway on the floor. "If you would prefer someone else who knows what they are doing feel free to find them."

She felt embarrassed, shame was climbing up in her chest and she immediately started to pull away, her face flush with color again. She hated being pale it made it impossible to hide her emotions. As she started to move off, she was suddenly yanked back before him. She felt his strong hand take a solid hold of her hip then slide behind her and rest in the small of her back.
"That isn't what I meant Eve, I meant stop stressing about what other people are thinking," Axle said as the two continued to sway back and forth while Eve did her best to stay in step.
"How do you even know I was thinking about something like that?" She said, but relaxed and felt herself resign to his touch letting him lead her gently across the dance floor.
"I pay attention, your shoulders tensed, your jaw locked, and your eyes shot around the room like you were waiting to be attacked. It isn't healthy and they don't matter. Besides it isn't you, they are looking at it's me, and what fuels their gaze isn't malice it's jealousy."

She flushed again horrifically embarrassed and looked away. Axle continued to move with grace and rhythm across the floor, she snuck another peek at him just to be sure she wasn't being taken for a fool, but that man had eyes for no one but her. Which only made the situation harder to handle. Finally giving in fully she rested her head against his chest and ran her small hands up his back. She whispered as they explored him. "There isn't an ounce of fat on you. Not one ounce." She was so close now she could feel just how cut he was. She had been trying to keep her hands to herself, to keep them still but every muscle she felt seemed rock hard. He enveloped her fully. He wasn't just taller than she was, by a lot, he was wider. It was like dancing with a gladiator. Despite her misgivings, she couldn't help but continue to run her hands along his muscled back. But damn the man felt good. She thought.

The music changed and suddenly the song that played was much faster, people came back to the floor and Evelyn reluctantly brought her head up off his chest pulling back and smiling warmly preparing to thank him.

Axle shook his head and gave a playful wink, taking her hand and twirling her around with a smile on his face that could light up the whole room, before he brought her back into his arms and spoke. "I can do this all night long."
She felt a genuine smile of her own spread across her face. Regardless of how this night turned out, she could no longer deny she was having fun, she had relaxed, and could proudly say the man could dance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom