Insight The Outer Sanctum Rules and Roleplay Q&A

Currently reading:
Insight The Outer Sanctum Rules and Roleplay Q&A

Who starts a Sanctioned Story thread? Can anyone start one and a Narrator will jump in, or do we wait for Narrators to start one and then apply?
Sanctioned Stories are run by The Narrator and are a bit more like a "DM run story". These will be announced when we have one and characters may be eligible to participate.
Would it be rude to just send a message to the Narrator account with a roleplay request?
You can message The Narrator regarding roleplay requests, but the account serves largely as a tool to help facilitate stories for players or to move the plot forward. The Narrator cannot be a "traditional roleplaying partner" if that makes sense.

When a sanctioned story begins, will there be some form of announcement? If our character is currently embroiled in a non-sanctioned story, (ex., far away in a dangerous situation that isn't simple to get out of, like exploring subterranean ruins, or sneaking around in a bandit camp trying to rescue a princess) will they still have the opportunity to participate in a sanctioned story?

When a sanctioned story begins, will there be some form of announcement? If our character is currently embroiled in a non-sanctioned story, (ex., far away in a dangerous situation that isn't simple to get out of, like exploring subterranean ruins, or sneaking around in a bandit camp trying to rescue a princess) will they still have the opportunity to participate in a sanctioned story?
Characters that are currently in another story will still be able to participate in a Sanctioned Story.

There will be an announcement.

Two questions asked regarding Sanctioned Stories:

Can I participate in a Sanctioned Story if my character is currently in another thread?

Yes. Sanctioned Stories are the only case where a character is "in two places at the same time". While this can create a very specific issue, the two stories can be roleplayed at the same time.

What happens if I die in a Sanctioned Story, what happens to my other story?

You are welcome to continue the story until it is completed. When the story is completed, the death from the Sanctioned Story takes place and the character is retired. Characters killed in a Sanctioned Story cannot start new stories once they have been killed.

Back
Top Bottom