The Rebellion of The Old Gods

Currently reading:
The Rebellion of The Old Gods

Local time
Today 6:34 PM
Those familiar with Gnostic texts know that when the Lord's Angels first descended upon the earth as Nephilem, they found the seas skies and earth ruled by the old gods of man.

Man was comfortable in his relationship with the old gods. They made their sacrifices in exchange for prophecies, love, powers. All these the old gods gave freely to their followers. But the Annunaki, as their race was known, claimed that only God's prophets were deserving of such magical abilities. Only God's followers were deserving of love. They called the old god's traditions blasphemy, their herbalism and rituals unclean. Only God could heal the sick and cast out the unholy. Which is exactly what the Nephilem intended to do before they established their master's kingdom here on earth. Most men disliked their own rules and ideals they were attempting to push off onto the populous.

The Old gods took no amount of convincing to start their war.

The leaders of the Old god's factions joined from acrossed their temples and castles in the sky and beneath the sea. The likes of the Jade Emperor from the east, Zues from the west, Shiva, Odin, and everyone else in between gathered to sign a temperorary agreement. We fight, as one, until these so called "higher beings" are rid from our land.

Why yes I am new. Why yes this is an original idea based off of my love for religious stories. Why yes you are allowed to join!

Im looking for a small group of people who are willing to do some world building throughout this story and take our time writing something worth reading. This is my first project here on the site but id like to start it off strong, so a bit of discussion before hand will go a long way. Thats assuming any of you find it interesting in the first place.

I'm thinking of making my own character the Monkey king from chinese mythology, but I'm accepting characters from either side of the war. Just lmk if youre interested and what side of the fence youd like to be on!.

Love that. Im waiting on anyone else who might get interezted before we start, but I'd love to hear your ideas. What god or maybe what religion are you thinking of pulling from? On the side from that I think itd be interesting to maybe have a druid or witchdoctor character who is channeling a larger force such as Gaia or nyx, etc.

I was hoping I would be able to pull from Ancient Egyptian religion! I've been thinking maybe an embodiment of Isis.

Back
Top Bottom