The Rift (Futuristic Survival/ year 4056)

Currently reading:
The Rift (Futuristic Survival/ year 4056)

DarkestPaladin

Serf
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 7:56 PM
The world has dried out - water is only regulated by the Arctithian Government; There is no currency, there are no jobs; people simply trade goods, for other goods and everything worth value is monitored by the Arctithians.
Arctithians are a small group of people (humans or not) who have money, can own property and have free access to water.
Small towns are scattered in the sand flats, each town has a small well and once a month, 300 gallons of water is delivered by armored truck to each town. Droids are no longer powered and scavengers trade parts, oil and gears to each other as value for other things. Crime is rampant, gangs are prominent and the world just seems to be getting worse, hotter and less habitable.

But there's a rift...

A large crack in the earths crust that runs along the entire planet's surface, leading down to unimaginable depths, dividing it in half. The horizon looks simply barren, but those who have ventured across are never seen again. They say it's an easy way to heaven compared to where they are now; and the Arctithians control it with turrets to keep people from crossing...
But is there a better life on the other side - is there even grass? What are the Arcs hiding?

BE warned

Some graphic tendencies will be included so if you aren't okay rp'ing in the corner
look somewhere else now.

Here are the roles you can choose from! You can be any race or species, furries are welcome.
Sorry, no supernatural beings...

Arctithian Defector (AIDA): You live in your pristine house in Crystal Bay Flats - a large city for those who are deemed worthy in society. You're fed the best food, have plenty of clean water and don't have to worry about a thing - all because your father is a pig-headed bigoted government fool who preys on the weak. You don't like this very much, and you decide to see for yourself what life is like in the dirt...maybe even the rift?

Arctithian Trooper : You're a soldier, tasked with making sure the citizens of Sand Bay Flats keep in line - the worst duty station yet...but when you and your small droid 52D-Molly are called to a bigger issue you jump to the scene. But the government wants you to gun down a small group of defectors who are protesting against the Arcs at the rift, begging for water....what will you do?

The Tinkerer : You live alone in a small dusty hut not far from the main road of Sand Bay Flats, tinkering with gadgets and trying to find a way to harvest your own living from the dirt...but nothing seems to be working - you simply try to survive in this horrible landscape and decide that maybe now is the time to try and find out what this rift is all about..

The Noisy Outcast : You're tired of the way things have been going in the dried up town you were raised in. Your parents were murdered, your protests go unheard and the people are walking corpses with loss of all hope...but not you....you want things to change, so you stand up and take what's yours. With a simple pistol and loads of courage, you set out on your own - it's time to find out what this rift has in store...

Map not needed - the entire world is a flat desert (as far as you know) there's no mountains, no hills no trees, just FLAT badlands. The only monument is Crystal Bay Flats, the Arctithian Hub, Sand Bay Flats and the rift.
The Rift is surrounded by a tall fence and monitored by border patrol - anyone (without a good plan) will be shot on sight.
Please include your characters' information below to sign up!

1. Name
  2. Age
  3. Role
  4. A little background
  5. 1 Photo (optional)

• I only start group Role Plays after all the places have been taken so I don't have to worry about finding a place for someone to join late.
  • If you are going to join, don't disappear on us, let me know you changed your mind or whatever so I can quickly fill your spot -_- no one likes when people randomly disappear without any rhyme or reason....
  • If you aren't a serious rp'er and do a bunch of one liners - I may end up asking you to either step it up or leave. ( with a goodbye hug of course)
  • Graphic (I said this already)
  • You can be any race, gender or animal just NO supernatural beings or demons
  • No rape (I've had someone try this....) gross.
  • No modding please...
  • Be NICE
  • Let's take turns in an orderly fashion please.
  • 1-2 Paragraphs minimum, more is welcome but not necessary. I like details and it helps me when I reply.
  • And don't kill each other or anyone else without me giving you the chance story-wise
I will be responding to everyone as Npc's and other notable characters to administer the RP and help the story along. Hope to hear from everyone soon! PM me if you have little questions otherwise just sign up right on the thread below. :D :D :D

Last edited:
  1. Name: Jexa Blayse
  2. Age: 20-ish
  3. Role: Arctithian Defector
  4. Background: Jexa grew up doted on by her parents. She was a happy, if spoiled, child until the day her father grew ill. Then everything changed. Her mother grew distant and lost herself in work. Friends and family were no better. They treated Jexa as if she was made of glass. When they weren't busy giving her pitying assurances, she was largely ignored. It was sad, but without her father, the Blayse's standing suddenly became unsteady. Her value as companion plumetted. Years later, after her father fell into a coma he has yet to recover from and her mother remarried yet another wealthy Arctithian, Jexa has yet to forget how quickly she could be cast aside. She meant nothing to them? So why should they mean anything to her?
  5. dolls_iii_by_dreamcatcheuse.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Reishi
Age 27
Role: noisy outcast
A little background: Reishi is a black cat furry that has never backed down from anything, ecen with the odds stacked up against her. She has always been brazen and hellaciously defiant. Even as a kit when other kids in town would pick on her or start fights, she would stand her ground, kicking and screaming and doing her damndest to survive. Her parents taught her early that she would have noone to defend her out there but herself, she always thought of them as cowards until they were murdered on a scavenge by raiders defending her when she was sixteen. Her father, having been a large furry himself managed to kill a couple of them before he succumbed to al the bullets. After the still living raiders left she burried her parrents and took the gun from one of the dead ones. After the death of her parents she grew bitter and incomplacent. She looked at all the zombified citizens of the flats, meandering around as if nothing was wrong.' This town was there life and it wasnt going to change' they would say. Like hell it wouldn't. She tried for years to get the towns people to revolt, to do god damn something about the way the spoiled brats and pigs in the capital wers treating them. They were living beings and deserved just as many god damn rights as any of them. However no mater what she did the towns people would just scoff or tell her it wasnt worth it or that they didnt want to die. Well screw them, if they wanted to live as walking corpses then let em, she would just do it her god damn self. She was a regular protester at the city walls, always yelling at the gaurds or anyone within earshot about the injustices they were forced to endure. Nothing would detere her, even when gaurds would threaten to shoot her or even when they would beat her with their weapons, often within an inch of her life. She didnt care, she would still fight.
This endless vicious cycle went on for 4 years before one particularly bad beating landed her a hairs breadth form death with a cracked skull. During her recovery from that she ended up in a bar where she heard some stranger talking about a rift and it being the way to heaven. She was instantly hooked on this information. If she could get to this rift she could live better than her opresers and if possible bring whatever was so good about the rift to the rest of the world or bring the rest of the world to it.
With nothing but her gun and a tatered old hooded cape to keep off the sun she decided to find this rift for herself.

Back
Top Bottom