Closed The Road to.... ( Singapore? El Dorado? Planet X? ). Three to four player characters wanted.

Currently reading:
Closed The Road to.... ( Singapore? El Dorado? Planet X? ). Three to four player characters wanted.

What are the top two types of "Road" that adventure appeal to you?

• To a known, slightly explored and less technologically advanced place.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • To a modern but more culturally unfamiliar place.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Double Plus Ungood

TETSURATTO 6629 2607 1175
Local time
Today 6:11 PM
Pronouns
God. Thought Criminal.
Hello, Adventurers!

Looking to have some fun, in a style reminiscent of the Bing Crosby & Bob Hope "Road Movies" or "The Road to El Dorado" movie (as a more culturally current example) ?

This might be the thread that you've been waiting for.

I'm looking for two players to play buddies/besties of one sex and one player (or two players) to play a member of the opposite sex, for the love triangle (or possibly love quartet).

The first set of buddies/besties are travelling (escaping their enemies, traveling performers, shipwrecked, etcetera) and they meet up with the local trouble-maker(s)/person(s)-in-distress.

As much as I'd like to take one of the roles, I'm going to be running the stage and the NPCs.

There are a number of times and places such an adventure might take place, so I'll put up a poll of possible adventure venues.

"Hope" to hear from you!

I'm definitely interested if we can get the fourth person

@Charlyssa321 , @Psy and @crazycatlady1119

Welcome! I suppose that we need to have a little discussion....

Since I will be writing the antagonist parts, we have what we need for a classic "Road to" story.
In this case we have one male writer and two female writers

Should we aim for two couples (Ricky & Lucy and Fred & Ethel) ?

If three player characters, should we keep the classic "two guys and a gal" character dynamic or spin it a little and go for "two gals and a guy"?

I'm probably biased but I'm definitely down for the spin of two gals and one guy lol

Then we will do it with two traveling girls and one 'native'/'resident' guy.

The votes point toward "mythical" and "fantasy"....

Let's brainstorm....
Atlantis
Mu
Subterranean World
Realm of Faerie (terrifying!)
Middle Ages type (d and d) fantasy world.

What else or are these good choices?

Out of those I'm leaning toward Faerie & Atlantis, though I haven't heard of Mu before.
Mu is something like Atlantis, but would be somewhere in the Pacific. Mu might have a more Polynesian accent instead of the classical relationship of Atlantis and ancient Greece.

Damn I'm caught between Atlantis and the Middle Ages

How would the Middle Ages work compared to Atlantis

Damn I'm caught between Atlantis and the Middle Ages

How would the Middle Ages work compared to Atlantis
@crazycatlady1119 and @Charlyssa321

I think with "The Middle Ages" we could probably have our travellers heading into a neighboring or on a ship to a far away kingdom. The tech level might be similar or maybe the travelers' tech might be a little better and the people of the kingdom a little backward in comparison.

With Atlantis, any ancient to historical to modern characters might somehow find their was to the lost continent.

Thoughts folks?

I say let's do Middle Ages

Back
Top Bottom