The Sanctum of Bonobos, A 5e DnD campaign

Currently reading:
The Sanctum of Bonobos, A 5e DnD campaign

Local time
Today 12:55 AM
Hello all, I'd like to invite you to join in on a somewhat naughty Tabletop RPG adventure in a homebrew setting, I'm willing to do play by post, or live, possibly in one of the chat rooms here. This would be for Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons and I will be accepting a current max of six players for the campaign. (I in theory can be persuaded to do more.) I will be using DnD Beyond to manage the Campaign and character sheets. and because I have most of the books on DnD Beyond, you'll have access to all of the character creation tools I have. But more on that in a bit.

I would like to point out that this Campaign WILL have adult content as a part of it. While none of the adult content may happen in game itself, it may be referenced too, and you may choose to play out scenes within game. I am willing to work with you as long as you understand that, there is a good chance that at some point, your character WILL be put in a situation where they end up having sex. OOC all sexual content will be done with player approval and consent, and any stuff that happens 'in game' will be handled post session. (Ie. V's Bard flirts with the pretty Barmaid and goes upstairs with her to have a good time. During the 'session' we time skip, or what is needed, and then if V wants, I set up that scene for him.)

Bonobos
Eons ago, the Land of Bonobos was formless, when a great god known as Osservatore gave it form, he gave it life and plants and animals, and with him came several other gods, Burlone most prominent of them, in time 18 other gods also became prominent, but factions began to develop, One group, the Ophidselse believed in free love, and that sex should be had freely and between as many people as possible, another group, the Muraqaba, however believed that sex was to be kept quiet, not talked about and most certainly not enjoyed. It was a necessary evil to the procreation of the species, nothing more. The third group followed Osservatore's own views, of balance between order, and chaos, repression against hedonism, Control versus Freedom. It was through Osservatore's tender hand that the gods managed to stay together and guide the people of Bonobos through life. However Burlone despised Osservatore, and, one day betrayed him. Slaying him. This caused a power vacuum in the Gods as Burlone had no support and the leaders of the Ophidselse and Muraqaba were at odds on which should lead, though both agreed Burlone needed to go. It was A neutral god, The Dealmaker, who managed to quell the quarrelling gods enough to destroy Burlone once and for all. The final act of the united pantheon. The Ophidselse split off as did the Muraqaba, those left, calling themselves The Libra, followed the lead of The Dealmaker, who continued to try and do as Osservatore did and keep the balance of Passion and Reserve.
In Present Day Bonobos, The followers of the three pantheons war to gain power for themselves, each believing that their pantheon is superior as is their way of life. The continent of Bonobos itself has been divided into countries, The most well known 7 are split. 2 follow the Ophidselse, 2 follow the Muraqaba, 2 follow the Libra and the 7th is a zone where the three religious factions struggle. There are rumors however, that Osservatore is not quite dead yet, and some pieces of his essence survive in the world, what would happen if they were to combine and re-achieve godhood.

You the players, may pick and choose by your character creation choices, exactly what side (if any) you may be on, your starting location for the game and maybe even what plot points you may come across in the somewhat political game that exists in Bonobos, or you might desire to go into the frontier and make a name for yourself that way.

The Next Post is everything you need to know for Character Creation.

Character Creation
The Game will start in a TBD Bonobos Locale, but you may have come from any of the listed countries, or talk with me to establish a country or even other region in the world. Ability scores are rolled using 4 6 sided die, and dropping the lowest result before adding the remaining three together. (ie. 6,5,4,3 drop 3, becomes 15) under the following rules. The combined total of your Ability scores MUST equal 70 or Higher. You need to have at least 1 or 2 scores that are 15 or higher for the set to be usable. I currently intend to have you all start off at level one, this may changed to a level 3 start.
Please speak with me about joining and a character concept before clicking on the following invite link to the campaign. Sign In
There are no limits to how many of a race or class can be in a game. So dibs calling is pointless.
Related to this: Posting in this thread a race/class combo, without sending me a PM with a character concept will not get you a spot in this game. I'll just stare at you.
Please post character concepts and backstories in third person.

Allowed Races: Aasimar, Changeling, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Elf, Firbolg, Genasi, Gnome, Goliath, Half-Elf, Halfling, Half-Orc, Human, Shifter, Tabaxi, Tiefling, Triton, Veldaken, Verdan, Warforged, Yuan-Ti Pureblood

Permitted Races if ran by me: Bugbear, Centaur, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kalashtar, Kobold, Lizardfolk, Minotaur, Orc, Loxodon

Banned races I can be moved on: Aarakocra, Kenku, Tortle

Forbidden Races: Gith, Simic Hybrid.

Please note that you should turn on Playtest, Critical Role, and Eberron settings when creating your character.

Classes: All classes/Subclasses are available as on DnD beyond, if you have access to my Troubadour Oath you may use that as well. (I still need to put the charm domain up there but any of my homebrews are available. Non me homebrews that aren't Matt Mercer are not.)

Backgrounds: All Available backgrounds + my homebrew ones.

Please write at least a paragraph backstory for your character.

Bonobos Locations and Major Religions

The Countries of Bonobos

Folyomlo
The Country of Folyomlo is noted for the Folyomlo River which runs through the country and splits in the center of the country into the Folyo and Omlo rivers. Fervent believers of the Ophidselse Pantheon, the country practices obligatory polyamory, and communal child raising. Their Government is locally ran from the bottom up, and the highest leaders are chosen from those the people have chosen to lead them.

Lyaokuta
The Country of Lyaokuta is a powerful nation to the East of the Bonobos Region. Lyaokuta's government is a rigid hierarchal structure where women are seen as property and men rule everything. They are fervent worshippers of the Muraqaba pantheon, and they often restrict those in their country to various things and no signs of debauchery and sexual desire are allowed.

Grosserwald
The Country of Grosserwald is in the center of the Bonobos Region, and worships the Libra Pantheon. Grosserwald has a feudal monarchy style government, with strict penalties for having sex out of wedlock, usually with the result of finding oneself in wedlock. Adultery is seen as the worst of sins, and can find the cheating partner facing death.

Banriona Gleaan
The Country of Banriona Gleaan is to the South of Grosserwald, known for it's green grassy hills and stunning scenery, Banriona Gleaan worships the Ophidsesle Pantheon, Operating plenty of houses for sexual favors, as well as holding somewhat open ended views towards marriage. However, Banriona Gleaan is a bit more restrictive than its cousin nation of Folyomlo. Preferring a family unit over a clan raising for it's children

Pustynbashnya
The Country of Pustynbashnya is located in the mountainous regions to the North of Grosserwald, The landscape is dotted with fortresses and castles that have been abandoned or in some cases reclaimed over the many years there. The country is very isolationist, and it is sometimes rare for people to say they've met another member of a unrelated family in the past 10 years whom they didn't already know. Devout followers of The Muraqaba Pantheon, Children born to any couple who had dared to copulate are taken away from them to be brought up in collected solitude with only the other children as they are indoctrinated into the beliefs of the country and the rules of lack of sex.

Cotiere Grotte
The Country of Cotiere Grotte lies to the south west of Grosserwald, along the coast of Bonobos. Similar to it's Grosserwald cousin, the people of Cotiere Grotte worship the Libra pantheon. However they in some ways are more lax on coitus out of wedlock, with only a resulting pregnancy or the taking of a girl's virginity liable to cause an insistence of a wedding between two unmarried individuals.

Dilom Tanueh
The Country of Dilom Tanueh has long been a source of contention between the religious factions of the Bonobos region. The country's culture is thus very confused as depending on which religious faction currently has power in the region, the attitudes towards sex from the highest officials very slightly. This leads to many interesting situations in the varying towns and cities within the country.

Gods

Ophidselse Pantheon
Souloz: The God of Creation and Creativity, Domains: Life, Nature, Trickery
Telesny: The Goddess of Pleasure and Desire: Life, Nature, Charm*
Pouto: The God of Bondage and Domination: War, Arcana, Forge
Narozeni: The Goddess of Marriage and Birth: Life, Light, Tempest
Hracka: The God of Invention and Kink: Order, Knowledge, Forge
Laska: The Goddess of Love and Passion: Grave, Life, Nature, Charm
Zakazano: The God of Forbidden Desires: Death, Charm, Trickery, War

Muraqaba Pantheon
Salaf: The King of Gods, Domains: Order, Light, Grave
Mahaziya: The Queen of Gods, Domains: Life, Nature, Knowledge
Malik: The Prince of Gods, Domains: War, Tempest, Forge
Jamila: Concubine of Gods, Domains: Arcana, Trickery, Charm
Fasiq: The Lustful Tempter, Domains: Trickery, Charm, Death

Libra Pantheon
The Dealmaker (Pazaremporos): God of Gnomes and Deals, Domains: Trickery, Knowledge, Arcana
The Hunter (Shikari): God of Elves and Nature, Domains: Nature, Tempest, Life
The Smith (Kuznets): God of Dwarves and Mountains, Domains: Order, Forge, War
The Fool (Prost Nebun): God of Halflings and Fate: Charm, Trickery, Arcana
The Reaper (Medelwyr): God of Death and Spirits: Death, Grave, Light
The Rival (Vetelytars): God of Competition and Races: War, Trickery, Death

(These are the main gods of the Libra Pantheon, but there are others. Not many know the true names of the gods of the Libra Pantheon.)

And for those who want to have a little fun, You can choose to be one of those who believe Osservatore can be brought back. Osservatore, known as the Progenitor, the First of gods, has all Domains.

Last edited:
This is a reminder/expansion on my statement that this game WILL have adult content. Such as sex and violence associated with it and may happen in side threads to the main game.
My ruling is, if it is allowed on the site, it may exist in my game. Some themes may be uncomfortable and if you would prefer those themes not happen or be avoided let me know. As always Site Rules apply. Here are some of my lines/rulings:
Rape/Non Consent/Dubious Consent: Can happen, May happen, Will ONLY happen to a PC if the player controlling the character consents to it.
Incest: May happen/Can Happen, again PC's will only be put in an incestuous thing if they consent to it.
PvP Rape/Non Consent/Dubious Consent/ PCxPC sex in general: Can happen, May Happen but CONSENT must be had. ESPECIALLY PLAYER consent. (Players have the right to refuse sex with PC's completely but please make room for your character to have sex with NPC's.

Site rules regarding Beastiality apply: Shapeshifters are ok.
The PC races with animal like features have some degree of Egyptian God depiction qualities for the sake of site rules (dragons shapeshift and all shapeshifters have human/humanoid forms.)

DnD note: While normally races have different maturity Dates. In accordance with site rules, your characters MUST be 18+plus and look it, your life span will be adjusted accordingly. For the sake of my sanity, All Races, consider 18 to be the age you are legally allowed to have sex, and all races are the same base level of maturity at that point.

I may add some warnings if I feel I missed any, but these are the big ones.

Last edited:
Added some things.
A reminder that the best way to get a spot in the game is to DM me a character concept. Not a character Sheet, not posting in here a race/class combo.
A reminder that there is nothing stopping you from doing multiples of a race/class (Though you have plenty of options so why would you?)

Back
Top Bottom