MxF The Shadow Zone

Currently reading:
MxF The Shadow Zone

Local time
Today 5:16 AM
Why hello there welcome to my little collection of stories and rambles. My name is SilverShadows but you can just call me Shadows.

• I have over 15ish years of rp experience, I forget exactly when I started. My old rp sites are long gone into the reserves of internet history at this point.
  • I can write a lot when I get excited. I range from a few paragraphs to multiple pages
  • I play both male and female characters but am most comfortable with males. My preferred pairing is MxF or platonic, but I'm not opposed to MxM, I'm just less experienced there. I don't do FxF because I'm just not that comfortable in the F role
  • I rp in 3rd person past tense exclusively
  • I use realistic faceclaims or descriptive.
  • I have a few limits in rps that we can talk about, mostly these relate to the sexual aspect of things though and are fairly standard

What I expect from you
Communication. This is really the biggest one. Let me know what you want to see, what things are working, and what things aren't. We're adults and this is a partnership! This is our story after all. Anything I post is just a guideline to get us started. I 100% won't be offended if you bring your own ideas or want to change things! So if you don't see something here, feel free to suggest your own ideas!

Pairings/Themes
  • Royalty/royals. Can be modern of historic​
  • Mob/Mafia​
  • Modern corporate arranged marriage​
  • People who lost everything and are trying to move on​
  • Athletics (craving hockey, figure skating, racing, etc)​
  • Political intrigue (more modern but can be set further back)​

The Plots
What the Shadows Learned to Hide
  • Vampire x hunter
  • Sorta supernatural comedy in a way?
  • Victorian setting
Muse A and Muse B were the rare sort that instantly hit it off. A chance meeting led to hours of talking, led to regularly seeing one another. In many ways they seemed to be two sides of the same coin.

They both kept weird working hours, both were a little secretive and reclusive, both into folklore, and whatever else we throw in there. As they kept meeting, they knew more about the other than anyone else probably did. Except not everything. It isn't that they actively avoided it, which they sort of did, it just never came up. Muse A has their normal job and so does Muse B.

Everything comes into question though over a giant misunderstanding.

We can add whatever we want to after

First on Scene
  • Any mix of first responders make it cute make it dark and angsty
  • Police x fire
  • Police x dispatcher
  • Fire x dispatcher
  • Paramedic x fire

Life in The Fast Lane (Craving)
  • Racing
  • Angst, drama, anything else we throw in there
  • Someone give me a rip off of the Cars plot and I'll love you forever

World on Fire (craving)
  • Alternate History/historical fiction​
  • World building​
  • Some steam and diesel punk thrown in there why not add biopunk because science was going off but it doesn't have to be​
  • High society, Maybe forbidden, enemies to lovers or platonic, arranged, This one is really flexible​
World War I. A gentle peace, a Europe on edge, and one thing leads to another and suddenly it all falls apart. The story starts the same. Well almost. An assassination because of internal policy leads to a collapse of peace and one by one the dominos fall. The Emperor and Empress of the Austria-Hungary stand in are assassinated leaving their sort of reclusive and not prepared for this heir to take the crown. Little did he know that it was all a set up. The nationalist group is innocent and there is a whole fraction of his court working to make sure his family is unseated.

Muse A never wanted the crown. He especially didn't want a crown that he was unprepared to take. Sitting on the throne for barely two months, and it felt like the entire world was out for his head. What started out as the brink of a civil war quickly escalated into an international conflict. In their eyes, he caused it and it was up to him to end it. It didn't help that every move he made only seemed to make things worse. A collapsing economy, internal uprisings, and a war that was getting more out of control each day, it didn't help he was fighting his court and advisors as well. Since his parents death, it had been nothing but battle after countless battle that he's never been able to win. History needs a villain and the world seems determined to make sure that it is him.

Muse B was ambitious. Too ambitious for someone who was born in her position. More politically adept than her siblings and half the people she crossed daily, it never sat well with her that her only job in life was to smile for the crowds and bat her eyelashes when ambassadors came. Her job was to keep up public appearances and be the shinning star of her family's public image. Nothing more and nothing less. That was until the war came about. War has a funny way of changing priorities and opening up doors. Years had passed with nothing accomplished but them finding more efficient ways to kill each other. But then her door opened up. She found her ticket to not only ending the war, which was secondary, but to finally getting her chance at a crown. All she has to do is carve her way through the seemingly incompetent, and very single, new Emperor. While trying to end the war is secondary, she has one goal, and that is to end up as the last one standing. Villain or not, Empress is Empress. Little does she know she just has to survive the other powers at play.

As Darkness Descends (Craving)
  • Ghost Hunting​
I've been watching way too many ghost hunting shows as of late and you know what I have noticed? Let there be 2 people on a team or let there be 10 people. There is always one who is like slightly terrified, does not want to sit alone in the cursed demon basement, and does not want to provoke the ghosts. There is also always one who is always ready to fights the ghosts, will willing do whatever ritual they need no matter how bad an idea, and low key gives off the vibes they would sleep with a ghost if the moment arises? You know there is a female ghost that molests people and they get a little too excited to volunteer to investigate in there alone.

I want to play with that vibe. Let it be
Timid Ghost Hunter x Angry Ghost Hunter.
Angry Ghost Hunter x Ghost
Timid Ghost Hunter x Ghost (with a very jealous angry angry ghost hunter who reviews the tapes later)
Medium/psychic skeptic x believer

Etc that kinda vibe! Can be substituted for a demon or like being!

Kind of also thought it would be cute to have the timid one actually end up being brave when things get heavy and the louder one be more scared and insecure about it all.

I am 100% cool with heavier themes! Bring the knives and the blood and all that other stuff!

Break me Like Fallen Snow
  • Figure Skating​
  • Drama and lots of it​
  • MxF​
  • Enemies -> Lovers​

I just want a story about the two people at the top of their game. Two athletes at their absolute prime who had the world in their hands until for whatever reasons we find to torture them, they washed out. Maybe it was age, maybe it was injury, mental strains, other scandals, who knows.

Someone out there has the bright idea to try and salvage what is left of their careers by putting these two very individualists into the pairs division. Which is all well and good except neither one has skated with a partner and both of them are ready to slit the other's throat with a skate from the moment they laid eyes on one another.

It sounds dramatic but I'm actually picturing this VERY fluffy like uncharacteristically fluffy for me. Mental breakdowns on the ice and shielding the other from the press? Happy hugs when they manage to actually get something right or win something? I really want to kiss you right now but I'm 99% sure it is just adrenaline. You still have a career you can go back to and you don't deserve someone like me! What are you talking about if anything I'm the one holding you back! Kind of vibes. They have this intimate song that doesn't work out so well so the choreographer changes it up to this passionate and heated I want to kill you but pin you against the wall and by the end of the season know one knows which emotion is the one showing through or if its an act

Those vibes

Historical

When the Lights go Down
  • Fixer x Rising Star/Starlet
  • Old Hollywood
  • Drama
  • Darker themes
So lets take a trip back to the golden ages of Hollywood with a tad of a noir twist. Glitz, glamour, drama, and scandal. Femme fatales, leading ladies, appearances, parties, and cutthroat studios. I do see this dwelling into the darker aspects of old Hollywood. The publicity, the struggles, the creepy old directors, unsafe filming practices, and the cut throat nature of everyone trying to one up the other.

Muse A is the rising star who everyone was fighting to get their hands on. The face of ages and a smile that could bring the world to its knees. Rumors even spread she had the potential to make or break the careers of anyone she came in contact with.

Muse B was a "fixer" the one they brought in to clean it up. If there was a men in black of the Hollywood world, it was him. He was never fit for the stage, but he insured that his employer's talents were. From parties, to affairs, to illegitimate children and indulgence in vices, he was there waiting with a few shady contacts, some methods you probably shouldn't talk about, and some talented set ups and write ups.

Muse A was never one to tow the line, which put her in direct collision course with Muse B. Who was given the orders of take care of this or else. Becoming her shadow, Muse B is finally in for more than he bargained for.

All the details are up to our imagination! We can cherrypick whatever we want and then add whatever twists we want!

The Show Must Go On
  • 20s, 30s, or 40s based on the movie Nightmare Alley​
  • A traveling carnival/crime type of rp​
  • noir​

Gilded
  • 1920s noire and crime story​
  • That's it I just really want something like this​

Smut heavier Plots
Wrong Side of Heaven and Righteous Side of Hell

• Priest x succubus/demon
  • Mutual corruption, power dynamics, drama, taboo, religious themes
So this is a little different than what I normally do.

Young inexperienced priest who is the rising star of the church. He hasn't been ordained long but has been turning heads since seminary. More of an academic who approaches things pragmatically, but still deeply devout and one of those genuine will do anything to help anyone and forgets to sleep because he keeps taking things on.

Against

The (well it depends on what route we take). But anyway. Also very good at their job whatever we decide that may be.

The priest is thrown in as an exorcist apprentice because of his background. And his problem is he approaches it like an academic problem. Lets just say he opens the wrong door just a little bit by making a mistake he had no business making. Insert our succubus. First comes the attachment, then comes the whatever it takes to get close. Taking a human form, possessing someone, etc.

Long term plot, they both end up corrupting one another. His fall and her rise.

All the other details we can fill in. If you're interested, I'd love to hear any ideas or thoughts you have!

Just Don't Drag Me Down
  • Business, affairs, cheating, sneaking around, mutual pinning, lots of drama​
MC is married to an overbearing woman who is overbearing, controlling, manipulative, and basically using him to get what she wants. He's one of those heirs to a business empire, but basically runs the entire show. It's common knowledge but isn't really. YC can be in a relationship or not, that is really up to you. I was thinking maybe she's also a part of this uptight business world, but maybe a rival company of some sort if we wanted to add the tension there. Two people who can barely be seen speaking to one another much less anything else.

Fire and Gasoline
  • Assassins
  • "star-crossed enemies" type feel (Star Crossed Enemies by Nine Ice Kills was partial inspo)
  • MxF but can be MxM
  • Definitely switch/shared power dynamics going on here
  • They really aren't good for each other but they aren't good not being together either
This is an orphan plot from a while back that I'd really like to pick back up. It is smut heavier than the others and designed for a power struggle/switch dynamics, can add other themes as needed and can be discussed!

There was an old saying never bring a knife to a gun fight, but putting Muse A and Muse B in the same room was like putting two flame throwers into a diesel refinery. The two of them had two very refined skill sets and it probably would have been better for the world if they never would have crossed paths to begin with. They both had a body count to make the most heartless of society sweat a little and were mostly unknown, but those who did know them, knew to stay out of their way. To many they were two sides of the same coin. Trained killers who would do whatever job for whoever paid the most without any complications but below the surface it wasn't quite an mirror image. Muse A liked to call themselves "legitimate" government contracts only, they saw themselves as being able to do what the official channels couldn't and therefore adhering to some twisted sense of morality. Sure they may have taken up jobs around the world for some not so morally defendable causes, but in the end they seemed a little more legitimate. Muse B was on the opposite side and adamantly refused anything that had any sign of "official" stamped. They worked the underworld and back alleys doing the work that paid well without the stamps of bureaucracy. Thinking that working outside the government was their own sort of morally sound rebellion.

In an ideal world, they never would have met. They ran in different circles and generally had different targets. Until the one day their interests overlapped and suddenly their targets were each other. Maybe it was an accident, maybe it was on purpose, or maybe it was twisted curiosity but it ended in a night neither of them would forget and an obsession that neither could quite shake. And that's how it was. An addiction gone bad. They'd go away on jobs only to run to each other and then immediately end up in another fight. Eventually one called it quits. That's how it stayed until the withdrawal finally became unbearable.

Fandoms
In fandom settings I like playing OCs. I won't stop you from playing a CC but I'd prefer to play an OC. I have some characters for the fandoms listed below so if you have any ideas or questions let me know!

* indicates a craving
  • Star Wars *​
    • I have a few CC I can play here​
  • X-Files *​
  • Fallout******* (All the games. Fallout to 76 including DLC)​
    • Looking for OCS, but do have an OC I think could make a good darker story along Joshua Graham​
  • Bioshock​
  • Marvel * (comics and movies)​
  • DC * (comics, games, shows, animated movies, some movies) I do have some OCs for this one!​
  • Lovecraft​
  • Assassins Creed​
  • Hotel Dusk​

As I stated I know I forgot something in here and this is all I could come up with. So if anything catches you eye or you want to jump into things feel free to send me a message!

And if you don't see anything here, feel free to bring me your ideas!​

Last edited:
Yay! Another asexual pal! If you're interested, I'd love to try out How the Mighty Fall. Just let me know if you'd like to discuss further :)

Okay I love a lot of your ideas. When you see this PM me and let's we which ones your craving.

World on Fire
What Shadows Learn to hide
mob/Mafia
marvel or dc

Back
Top Bottom