Challenge Submission The Tale of Deadly Score and Death

Rose for the Hunter

The Forsaken Guardian
Staff member
Herald
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:34 AM
As I waited by the forge for the blacksmith to finish his work I wait in anticipation, hidden in the black cloak that I had become known for over the centuries. Tapping my fingers on my knee as I heard the sizzling from the blades being cooled, "Oi, you still waiting for your weapon?" Asked a man that walked past. "I did say I would wait for it, I cannot be without such a thing in my... occupation." I said. Luckily it was not long until the blacksmith came out with the weapon that he'd forged, it was large and had blades that matched the silver crescent moon in the sky. They almost seemed to sing for this was no ordinary weapon, the very first of the souled weapons, created by a race nearly as ancient as I was. "Use her well, she's still a bit tender but that soul of hers shows she was a loyal wolf to the end of her days." The utopian man grinned handing me the scythe. His wings dragged behind him as he left me with my surprisingly light weapon.

We first truly met in the training grounds when she burnt my hand for being too rough and almost seemed to fly from my hand. As I looked up I saw not the twin bladed scythe I had welded mere seconds before, no, in front of me was a majestic white wolf. One that held a scowl on her maw, "So, you are the one that has fused my soul into a weapon?" She asked, clearly annoyed, this was but a rare moment. "Indeed I am, I need a weapon that will be loyal", "A weapon that is loyal?" She laughed, "So that is why you used the soul of a canine, but I am not a dog so I will not be loyal if you do not prove yourself." She was calm and collected as she said this but her amber eyes were stern. This was not a weapon I could simply train with, I had to earn the right to wield her blades. That is how our first meeting met, with a burn on my hand and a stern warning from my own weapon. A short meeting, yes, but that meeting was the foundation of a long relationship. I reaped the souls of the living on my faithful steed Despair, while her songs lulled them into a sense of peace.
But there soon came a time to say goodbye, when there was someone who needed her more than me...

~ Centuries Later ~

That old fool told me he has a task for me, I wonder what it is this time. A smirk on my maw as padded towards where I could pick up my partners scent. He was still the same young fool I'd met the minute after I was forged but something was different this time. His mood was different, as if he was preparing for something. Finding him in his throne as per normal I sat down as elegantly as before and looked to the man I'd spent the centuries with, my tail wrapped around my paws. "What is it?". Taking a great sigh I noticed his posture change. "It is time for our goodbyes, Deadly Score, there is someone who is in far greater need of you than me" he said.

I frowned, who could need me more than the idiot before me? "I am very sure that is not true". "Ah but it is... for my student needs a weapon and like me they will need someone loyal like I did. For they are of a race you know well so I am sure you will be fine." he smiled. Behind his throne was a winged woman, with charcoal hair and mismatched eyes. Who was she? She seemed familiar in a way. I sniffed her as she came near, I remembered this scent it was so familiar. "Recognise her? She's a descant of the utopian that made you Deadly Score." He smiled. "And now I hand you to her, for a weapon that can be trusted is something precious and something she is in need of right now" he smiled that silly smile again.

The ending of our relationship was there and my new one began with the strange utopian woman who sought to protect her race and soon, to protect what remained of the fragile balance. For my name is Deadly Score, the weapon crafted for Death that was returned to those that created me, a scythe that has seen far too much for my age and who must protect what remains.

Back
Top Bottom