Either Needed The Ultimate Zombie Group Role Play (Idea, need opinions)

Currently reading:
Either Needed The Ultimate Zombie Group Role Play (Idea, need opinions)

Rainalee

Elegance
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 9:11 PM
SO I like Zombies. And I have an idea for a cool zom zom RP For everyone. x3 And the best part? It's totally OKAY if you don't respond to it...Well....Kind of.

My idea isn't fully formed plot wise, but I do have an idea for one problem that seems to slow group RPs....Waiting for someone in the group to reply to move on with the story....It can pause a really good group RP especially if the one you're waiting on is an important character.

In a world of zombies, no one's safe. AND That includes your character. >:D The idea is that if it's your turn to reply, and you take longer than a week, another player can reply as a random zombie and eat your character. Heck all the players could jump in as quick zombies to help eat your character lol. It does not matter how far into the plot the story is, or how important your character is....If you don't reply, your zombie food.

IF You know that you'll be gone for an extended period of time and want to save your character from certain death, you can claim "Bunker Down" In which your character will just be known to all other characters they are there, just quiet and on guard, watching silently for zombies in the back of the group or something.

IF your character dies and you want to rejoin the RP you can, as a new character to join the group.

Tell me what you think of this idea of zombie deaths, and what the main plot would be for the characters. What are they aiming to achieve, aside from survival.

Hi Rainalee,

Being a fan of all things Zombie myself, including Rob, I think its a great idea. I also like the idea of the zombie death as well. As for goals, as a group they could be trying to create a safe haven for other survivors. There would of course be a quarenteen time before entering the main population.

I once read about 4 books into a series that had enhanced individuals, or super heroes/villains if you must, who created such a haven. The first book was called Ex-Heroes. The majority of these individuals were not zombie proof so few of them became super zombies. There was one villain that could control hordes of zombies.

Another idea could be stolen from Z Nation where the group is trying to safely transport someone whose blood holds the key to the cure. Z Nation has had some pretty entertaining episodes that some scenarios could be borrowed from.

One last suggestion that I would like to make. One of the issues I have had in the past with groups is the ton of reading involved in order to post. I definitely do not want to be the one to hamper someone's creativity but maybe having some sort of length restriction would solve this. Maybe something in the area of 3 or 4 paragraphs? Just a thought.

I definitely think that the zombie food idea is awesome if someone doesn't reply. I remember trying to start a group roleplay a couple years ago and onenperson didn't reply, then another didn't and it just kind of died becauae we had been waiting on people.

As for the length restriction, I also believe that's a good idea. I personally don't have a lot of spare time on my hands, as I see a lot of others become busy with work and what-not. So having a length restriction would make it more managable, especially when more people join in and start posting.

I feel like it would also be cool to maybe have somecl conflicting groups? Like one group that's more set on finding people, building a stable community, etc. And another that's more of into stealing what they need, moving around, never staying in one place. It allows for some aggression to take place, distractions to add in drama (zombies break through a barrier or maybe an ambush of zombies, something like that). Only problem might be that it might get a little confusingnto tell groups unless we maybe indicated at the top of the posts and said Group One or whatever. It could get a little confusing but we have a lot.of good roleplayers on here so I think if we figured out a happy medium, it wouldn't be a problem.

Plot idea wise, I do feel like most people in an actual zombie apocalypse would want safe haven or they would want to find a cure.

Building a safe haven allows a lot of room to work with. Gardening, wall building (*cough* Trump tiggered), things like that.

That happens so often, I like this idea. I've also been tossing one around in my head about players who KNOW they'll be absent here and there for extended periods of time. I just call it cameo characters, what they do is just pop up here and there and advance the plot. You see it all the time in other medias, why not roleplaying?

Also I'm down for this.

Back
Top Bottom