Both Needed The Vangaurd

Currently reading:
Both Needed The Vangaurd

Seraph Darkfire

King of the Underworld
Local time
Today 9:36 PM

We are the Vanguard.

Around sixty years ago a strange island appeared out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, small, only about half the size of Hawaii. The island held nothing of interest or value, it was the same as any other island...except for one thing.

The Gateway. Studies were done on the structure but it gave off no readable energy or radiation, though the visuals would say otherwise. Lights like miniature stars in the sky danced in the center, swirling peacefully.

Experiments to enter the Gateway were met with limited success. Nothing happened when people attempted to enter but when drones or probes were sent through, they vanished, their signals cutting out the moment they did.

Testing was still done on a regular basis but with no true success the world soon put the island and it's Gateway to the back of their minds and went about their lives.

Then the words appeared across the vision of every person in the world.

"Selecting Vanguard. Vanguard will be tasked with exploring new world and paving the way for progress."

Only a select few saw the next message.

"You have been selected to be your world's Vanguard, to explore and defend the territory assigned to you. You must enter your Gateway within the next local year or you will forfeit your position and your world to your Rival."

What choice did we have? We didn't know what forfeiting meant, or why this was only happening now. Many of us weren't soldiers or scientists, many of us were just ordinary people. But we were selected.

The governments of Earth equipped us the best they could. Guns for those who had training, basic survival gear, ect. But when we stepped into the Gateway, all of it vanished with a single message.

"All foreign materials have been removed for the sake of fairness."

"Welcome to your territory. The Valley."

This is not entirely fleshed out but I wanted to get the idea out there. The idea is supposed to be a Magitech Western with a splash of settlement building.

Last edited:
Hmn. I'll bite. Sounds interesting. So our characters are going to part of the Vanguard set to explore this mysterious island?

Hmn. I'll bite. Sounds interesting. So our characters are going to part of the Vanguard set to explore this mysterious island?

Correct about the Vanguard. The island however was just the spot that held the Gateway that transported the Vanguard to the new world.

Well, alright. I'm in, then.

Alright, I have Lore, Characters, and OOC. All links are located at the top of the page. I can start the rp when we have at least three people actively interested and new people can be introduced as we go, I already have an in story reason for why people would show up later.

I'd love to join, sounds fun! I don't have a lot of RP experience to note, but I would be active. The exposition is right up my alley as my interests are mostly adventure/fantasy.

Last edited:
Alright. I've made the rp spot but we still don't have any characters. As I've said before, at the top of the page are all of the links to find everything.

Reactions: Ice
Back
Top Bottom