The World

Currently reading:
The World

As an avid world builder, I can say that many of the questions and comments brought up here are pertinent, and yet frivolous as well. In order for those who are designing this new reality to reach a point where it can be properly utilized and understood, a more defined "world" questionaire or form of inquiry would be very beneficial. As in my eyes, when deciding on land, water, sea and sky, you must completely factor out anything that isnt intrinsically natural or otherwise occurs without interaction from anything/anyone sentient. Meaning that questions and comments regarding civilizations, or magic (while it can be natural as well) or other things that border on other categories, can quickly sideline the thought process needed to build a stable foundation. Those types of questions and insertions into the "world" would need to be thought of after the intitial phases of designing that basis. IE, adding in history, magic, location in the cosmos, or out of, and so on.

Just my thoughts....

Oh, and the idea of a travelling planetoid, be it disc, sphere or other, that drifts through the cosmos, sounds quite interesting. Especially if in the end, sentience becomes capable of reaching beyond the atmosphere - - - That said, it does play pretty rough with anything regarding constellations, gravitational pull (tides) and so on. Leading to what could be incredibly complex conversations later down the road as to history of "gods" or how peoples navigated in this new world.

Well, if we're discussing a floating land mass, we could justify the blank areas heavily saturated with magic as being the "anchors" for those floating landmasses. In other words; nobody goes there, because anything that stumbles upon them "floats up" and ends up on the floating isles above.

On the topic of questions that may need to be filled in, The Ultimate World Building Template and Questionnaire <- there are questionnaires like this that may be useful.

Made a new map saved in .map format for the sake of easier edits. Shoot me a message for the file.

Last edited:
Hello, Ive decided to thow my hat into this royal rumble of a ring. I'd like to lobby that the current software being used should be substituted out and in its place, Inkarnate is the one i would choose. Ive made the maps in the system already(if im stepping on toes here let me know). The system has an easier usage to it and quite a few more assest than the other world generator. Id like to submit a world that ive also created on my own for judgement. No worries if the project leads say no, but i thought id at least add my two cents, as i do have a love for world building. As well if anyone wants to talk through the system and its usage, i would gladly do so. Thanks

Reactions: Ice
World needs some celestial context. Constellations, notable astronomical fixtures and phenomena.

I elect WISIA the royal astronomer.

The stars are yours.

I elect WISIA the royal astronomer.

OK, twelve constellations, we'll do some astrology (which is made up) so behold my imagination:

1. The Straight Line.

2. The Small Dog.

3. The Circle.

4. The Empty Patch Of Sky.

5. The Large Dog

6. The Snake (Often Mistaken For The Straight Line)

7. The Chair

8. The Cat

9. The Parallel Lines

10. The Bottle

11. The Coin (Often Mistaken for The Circle)

12. The Twins (Often Mistaken For The Parallel Lines)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice
OK, twelve constellations, we'll do some astrology (which is made up) so behold my imagination:

1. The Straight Line.

2. The Small Dog.

3. The Circle.

4. The Empty Patch Of Sky.

5. The Large Dog

6. The Snake (Often Mistaken For The Straight Line)

7. The Chair

8. The Cat

9. The Parallel Lines

10. The Bottle

11. The Coin (Often Mistaken for The Circle)

12. The Twins (Often Mistaken For The Parallel Lines)
1: Serious and dull, this sign lacks a sense of humor, and is most likely to die of congenital heart failure after spending their life in accounting.

2: Nervous and noisy, this sign demands attention and is most likely to pee on the bed.

3: Wise and all inclusive, this sign desires peace with all they encounter... except for squares... circles can't tolerate squares.

4: Mysterious and aloof, this sign is difficult to define as they tend to make up their own rules as they go along.

5: Brave and loyal, this sign makes a good soldier or member of the service industry and is most likely to attempt to hump a leg.

6: Cunning and vengeful, this sign is not to be trusted, is sexy as hell though and makes a great accessory (to murder).

7: Rigid and practical, this sign is unhappy if they are not put to good use, the most submissive of all signs.

8: Dexterous and proud, this is the luckiest of all signs as they tend to always land on their feet, and seem to have 9 lives.

9: Codependent and sappy, this is the sign of lovers, most of whom are fated to die tragic yet highly avoidable deaths.

10: Blunt and fragile, this sign is most prone to addiction, and most inclined to break when hurled against hard objects.

11: Extravagant and vain, this sign knows their own value, and are most capable of getting others to their bidding.

12: Unpredictable and capricious, this sign has a hard time making up their minds, and is most likely to have an unnatural fondness for mint flavored chewing gum.

OK I'll take this a bit more seriously. At the same time I'll try to make it all vague enough that people can interpret things any way they please. Negatives in parenthesis.

The Rule (a straight line)
Sign of precision and craftiness (preoccupation with detail, excessively critical)

The Small Dog (the head of a small dog)
Sign of tenacity and loyalty (lack of self-awareness, loyalty to lost-causes)

The Sword (a line intersecting with a smaller line)
Sign of adaptability and temperance (self-denial, harbouring unreasonable expectations)

The Void (an empty patch of sky)
Sign of creativity and passion (lack of restraint, impracticality)

The Chair (a chair)
Sign of erudition and artistry (perfectionism, obsessiveness)

The Snake (often mistaken for The Rule)
Sign of patience and perspicacity (over-thinking, non-committal)

The Hound (a dog in profile)
Sign of courage and fidelity (tradition-bound, wary of outsiders)

The Cat (the head of a cat, often mistaken for the small dog)
Sign of self-reliance and curiosity (excessively sceptical and aloof)

The Twins (two parallel lines)
Sign of duality and spontaneity (eccentricity, lack of vision)

The Broken Shoe (you really have to use your imagination for this one)
Sign of pride and ambition (conceitedness, denial of limitations)

The Mallet (often mistaken for The Sword)
Sign of reliability and industriousness (parochial, unimaginative)

The Balance (a set of scales)
Sign of poise and integrity (intolerant of disorder, bluntness)

Back
Top Bottom