Challenge Submission They were taken into the darkness...

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission They were taken into the darkness...

Kitty2000

Smexy Squishie #2
Local time
Yesterday 10:46 PM
Pronouns
She/Her
The angels sat grouped up near the corner. Their wings flapping while they giggled about things the humans did. Falling prey for lust, sin, and other temptations.

Ina one of the older angels – who didn't look older but everyone knew she was – sat watching them from afar. She never was enough to fit in with others.

Though they sat there judging them, making fun of the humans, she knew it was a sin. Somehow the Big Man didn't bother saying anything, just letting it happen.

She walked past them slowly taking a moment to notice what they were laughing about. Humans thought their TV shows were so much better, but alas, it was actually the fact that their lives were the content for angels to watch.

They were infatuated with the humans and their little scene. Some humans were busy, a group of them, discussing the things they were into, sexually of course. She rolled her eyes as she saw it from this distance. Pushing up to her feet she walked over to them.

"We can't keep watching them, it's a sin for us to even to be listening, and luring us into the darkness."

The others laughed at her. "God gave us jobs as Guardian angels to watch over them."

"Not laugh." She interrupted quickly. "Your job is to help them, keep an eye on them. Give them signs to lead them more to Him. But, no. You are passing judgement and enjoying the misery that's inflicted on them."

"Well, you are acting all holier than thou." They were going to fight; she could sense her anger. She backed up slightly, trying to walk away from them.

"You've always been a pansy, Ina. You always will be too. No wonder no one wants to see you or hang out with you. You are disgusting."

She shook her head, trying to walk away. She didn't want to get angry, her problem with anger was a real one. She knew that this was not the Good Place she was used to. Instead, it had slowly been corrupted and they weren't seeing it.

Ina walked away from the group, letting them continue to watch the humans as they faltered. She wanted to help them all but there was no way. Too many for her alone to watch. How God did it was unknowing to her?

She stared out looking down on the earth from the global communications thread. Seeing how people prayed to ask for help with different tasks. God didn't interfere, he had made sure that was given with Free Will but alas her heart ached for the times they didn't do anything.

Being distracted with this kept her busy, listening to the different prayers coming in.

"God, my sweet little Kitty is really sick, please, please don't take her from me. If I lose her, I have no idea how I can survive. She has been there through all the bad things. Help her please." She was on her knees, begging for help.

So, it went on and on, she listened for hours about cars, and houses, and children, pets and family members that were ill. They listened to all who prayed even if it was to a False God. They were there intercepting it all.

Suddenly there was a cold wind forcing its way through their domain. She looked around; the light that surrounded them had darkened.

"You all have failed me!" The voice boomed around them. The lights flickering in their place.

One by one they were being dragged, slowly being pulled into the darkness, the black hole. Their black hole of failure. Their sins may be similar compared to the humans, but they would be suffering just the same.

"I will see how you all do once you've had time to think, and know what you have done." He boomed while he continued to pull them.

Suddenly, Ina felt herself, being dragged, she held on for dear life, the voices pummeling around her.

"I want you to help my dad with his..."
I want my mother to get better, please I need…"

The voices begging for help, while they weren't there to listen.

When she was finally in the darkness, she felt it surround her, giving her time to think of all that had happened, the anger that consumed her at times.

She was no better than any of them. The humans or the other angels.

They were gonna be here for a while, weren't they?

Back
Top Bottom