To Know and Be Known

Vennric

Serf
Local time
Today 7:49 AM
Pronouns
They/She
Hello all,

My very obviously fake name is Vennric, which is most a collection of letters I thought looked alright next to each other.

About me:
I am a person in my 30s, though I question that sometimes, because numbers are fake and I am both a crumbling ruin of a human and the same sprightly thing I was at 18, several times a day.

I've been writing for a decade now, in personal, semi professional, and professional spaces with varying degrees of seriousness. I have recently broken into content creation for Larps, which is fascinating, and has brought on a new wave of neediness these last few years.
I'm an avid player or ttrpg games and video games, and have started working for my locals game stores and conventions as a gamerunner, which has been delightful so far.

I have a deep love of horror and thriller spaces, and consider it my favorite genre. I always want movie/book recommendations if it' will spook, shock and horrify. I also have an affinity for True Crime, and love a good documentary or podcast with all the spaltter-y bits.

I love Gothic fashion and music, and anything 19000s and older, the older and stranger the better. Any opportunity to got to a historic site or museum, I'm 1000% in.

Writing style:

I tend to favor long, descprtive stories, 3 person perspective with lots of details, like internal dialog and observations.

Preferred genres are horror, mystery, thrillers, creature features, ( love me some Lovecraft) and fantasy. I prefer gritty fantasy or grimdark, historical dramas and everything supernatural.

I write characters that are male, female, neither and otherwise, and have been know to write a very good other worldly creature or scary monster.

The sex or gender of my writing partner does not matter to me and I welcome all kinds of pairs in my stories, as long as they are rules appropriate.

I write from material from E for Everyone to R-Rated for Violence and Sexual Themes, but Do Not simply write erotic content for the sake of it. I believe that those elements can add to a story, but do no seek it out by itself. Nothing can upset me more then all my careful world building being shoved aside to ham fist a sea scene into a story that doesn't need it.

×Important ×
I come and go, and keep odd hours. I have a full time jobs, several hobbies, a loving partner and projects of my own that require my attention. I will sometime post several times a day and then may dissappear for a month.

I welcome pokes and DMs, and will try to check in when I have long pauses, but I want to state this at the front. Please also feel free to Dm my foray reason, as I love to plot and worldbuild with my writing partner, and have a side banter about the crazy thing our characters are up too.

Looking forward to what we have to discover and create together.

Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

Hello and welcome. Enjoy your time with us.

Back
Top Bottom