Jerome, the only love I've ever known
Hold me, I'm not breathing

So here's what I'm thinking:
The vampyr apocalypse has begun. The orbit of the planet (potentially Earth or a world of our making) has shifted farther away from the sun, making the world a little bit colder and a fair bit darker allowing the vampires to come out earlier and stay out longer. Naturally, this means that humans are becoming rarer. In order to preserve their preferred food choice, the vampyr have started to round up humans and put them in facilities to be maintained and fed like livestock. Select few human families, due to their station prior to the rise of the vampyr have managed to maintain a semblance of freedom through agreements with the reigning vampyr. Each human family in such a position gets to choose how to serve the vampyr. Some offer up children while others continue their previous businesses and provide those resources to the vampyr to continue civilized life.

Character A - Jerome (because of the song) - is a high-ranking vampyr in this new society.
Character B is from a wealthy human family and promised to Jerome. Jerome has provided Character B with a nice house and some form of indication that they are the property of Jerome and not to be touched. However, Character B has some health issues (any number we wish to give them) that are guaranteed to cut his life short.

Now, the story could go one of two ways:
  • Jerome falls in love with our human character and turns him.
  • Jerome maintains the cold distance with the human character, who (as the lyrics indicate) has fallen in love with Jerome, and allows him to die with unrequited feelings.
I'm open to discussing and/or altering things, through PM, if you're interested in doing this with me. I'll leave it at this for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom