Either Needed Welcome to the house of horror! Players needed in horror themed roleplay!

Currently reading:
Either Needed Welcome to the house of horror! Players needed in horror themed roleplay!

King Ditto

Count
Local time
Today 4:12 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Good evening friends! I have decided that I will try my hand at doing a group roleplay, with me acting as a dungeon master of sorts! It would be a fairly straightforward horror themed roleplay, nothing too crazy. I'm looking for about five different people to be my little victims guests in a house of unearthly horrors! It would be tastefully cheesy, and have some of those dumb, yet fun, tropes!

The very basic plot is this: The group of you are amateur ghost hunters, trying to make a living off of your youtube channel, the problem is this; You are too naive to fake anything in your videos. In a last ditch effort to make some money, you go to spend the night in the most haunted place in Oregon, a large estate and mansion that was owned by a business tyrant who, in 1867, killed his entire house staff in what appeared to be a ritual sacrifice, though to what, is unknown. After arriving, you all find things to be very amiss, it is much bigger than it seems it should be, halls twist and turn and lea to rooms that they shouldn't. After setting up the cameras, you find that you actually found an ACTUALLY haunted house! While cool, this turns out to be very, very bad, and you attempt to run, but all roads lead back to the house. You frantically try to find a way to escape while being hunted by various spirits, even the house seems to be hostile to you! Armed with only your ghost hunting equipment, your odds of survival are very thin, but you have to try to escape!

Its going to be a fun, gory story filled with the undead, the occult, deals with hostile spirits, and an evil villain with a devious plot at the head of it all.

This sounds freaking awesome. Count me in !
Me, too, please!
LOL, I'd kind of like to play the disappointed skeptic/scientist, always looking for the clues for fake. Tries to keep his/her friends honest.
Long time ago, I used to watch "Scooby Doo" and, as a child, I was ALWAYS disappointed that the monster was a human in disguise.

Me, too, please!
LOL, I'd kind of like to play the disappointed skeptic/scientist, always looking for the clues for fake. Tries to keep his/her friends honest.
Long time ago, I used to watch "Scooby Doo" and, as a child, I was ALWAYS disappointed that the monster was a human in disguise.
SAME! My 7 year old ass got PISSED!

@King Ditto
Since we've mentioned Scooby Doo, would you like cartoon/anime type representations or pics/faceclaims?

Name: Mickie Moy
Height: 5' 3" (160cm)
Weight / Build: 90 lbs. (41 Kg) / Slender
Sex / Gender: Male / Uncertain.
Sexuality: Homosexual.
Hair Color, Style and Length: Dark Brown, straight with a little body and shoulder length.
Eye Color: Dark Hazel.
Appearance: Cute bordering on pretty. Cross-dresser in mid-thigh length slightly oversized dress, with lab/technician coat and knee high boots.
Personality: Quiet, Effeminate, Caring, Brainy, Lonely, Acts Brave but Secretly Fearful.
Place In The Ghost Hunting Group: Technology Geek. Maintains the groups ghost detecting equipment, cameras, communications, electronic ambient thermometers, e.m.f. detectors and video equipment. Goes into a ghost hunting site before the team starts hunting to check for secret & hidden devices designed to fool ghost hunters.
Biggest Fear: Mickie's older siblings noticed that Mickie naturally gravitated to feminine things and very often teased him that they would cut off his penis and let him bleed to death while they laughed at him. He can't bring himself to think or talk about reassignment surgery because of the fear that was pounded into his psyche.
Recent History: Mickie, when he was a sophomore in high school, became interested in ghost-hunting during a recent surge in ghost hunting cable television shows and movies. He wasn't the only student near his age to take a keen interest in ghosts and a ghost hunting fan club was started in the high school. Mickie, Lars and Phoebs (juniors) and Finn (a senior) were the four most active members of the club. Phoebes and Finn didn't let the fact that Mickie was gay and a crossdresser sour them on allowing the younger and smaller man to be a part of their team. Phoebs was always trying to prove that she was brave and Finn was always acting the skeptic but with something still keeping him interested in the hunt, while Mickie was ever hopeful that they'd succeed. Still Mickie, like Finn, didn't want to be fooled or have someone make fools out of their team. They were fanatics together.

The quartet stayed together, even though they graduated in different years.

Mickie became a part-time junior college student with a part time job in an electronics store, but he dreamed about proving the existence of ghosts. As different as he was, he wanted to prove that he had worth. His job came in handy as he could acquire electronic parts and build most of the group's ghost hunting equipment. His devices weren't always pretty but his testing led him to believe that they'd work. Sometimes Mickie would cruise the local pawn shops, to see if other ghost hunters had quit and pawned their electronics.

Things were looking bad, like that their group might give up, when Finn somehow managed to get access to the most supposedly haunted house in the state. If they didn't succeed this time, then it might be their last night as a team....

Last edited:
Let me know when everyone is ready, and i will have it posted in no time.
Hi, @Arkaeis
I'm pretty sure K.D.is ready. I'm ready.
LOL, We don't need a contest between you and upscalerat on who can be the last one to be ready.

Awesome. I was going to have Mickie be a skeptic, but I forgot to write that down.
Now I'll have Mickie be a believer, but also someone who just doesn't want to be fooled by fake ghosts.

Name: Phoebe "Phoebs" Elledge
Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Weight / Build: 127lbs (57.5kg); slender
Sex / Gender: Female
Sexuality: Bisexual
Hair Color, Style and Length: Blonde, straight, long
Eye Color: Green
Appearance: Dresses very casually and comfortably; jeans, t-shirts or tank tops, hiking boots. Keeps her hair tied up in a bun to stay out of her face, but it's usually poorly constructed.
Personality: Anxious, observant, loyal, suspicious, caring
Place In The Ghost Hunting Group: Scaredy cat & bait
Biggest Fear: Waking up one day and she's all alone- her friends have abandoned her, they hate her, and she's unloved
Recent History: In high school, Phoebe ended up joining a ghost hunting club. She'd been living life in fear of her own shadow, and hoped that by diving in head first she'd be able to change that. When the initial fad died off, she found herself among the most active members with Mickie and Finn. Finn's confidence inspired her to push herself to be braver, and Mickie's quiet nature helped to ground her when she'd get too frightened. The three stayed in touch as they finished high school and went their own ways.

When Phoebs left for college, she lost touch with many of her high school friends; not with Finn and Mickie, though. The three would find time to meet up, to travel for their channel, to find some new haunted house to ultimately debunk. Every time, Phoebe would volunteer to be the one to draw out the supposed ghost, quaking in her boots; every time, she'd get her cardio in when she ran at stirred up dust, shaking trees through the windows, and odd echoes from the road. Though she always returned to school with the same amount of fear as she left with, she wouldn't have dreamed of leaving their little passion project- she couldn't let her friends down. The fact that her admiration for Finn was growing to be something a bit more didn't hurt, either.

With life moving on and the lack of content that they had for their channel, though, the group's unifying goal was in danger. As scared as Phoebe was of every potential ghost, the idea of losing her two oldest friends without their shared hobby keeping them together was even more freighting a proposition. But what could she do to keep them together?

Last edited:
@upscalerat
Scaredy cat? Bait? I suppose, but then I don't know why she would want to be in the group?
Has she got a 'thing' for the group 'Alpha'.
I don't want to be mean, but I don't understand her.

@upscalerat
Scaredy cat? Bait? I suppose, but then I don't know why she would want to be in the group?
Has she got a 'thing' for the group 'Alpha'.
I don't want to be mean, but I don't understand her.
I was thinking along the lines of Shaggy.

I imagine that the crew are friends; so for one, she's sticking with her buds. For another, she took to 'facing her demons' a bit too literally- might as well know what an actual monster looks like. Maybe it'll help her be less scared of everything else, she figures.

And no worries- questions make for a more solid foundation!

Kind of late to the party here, but room for one more?

If so, I'd like to play a male character. He'd be sort of the egohead tough guy that thinks he's a real badass and postures around to be all cool.
He'd put on a good show for sure, and likely be humbled very quickly.
All he'd really care about is internet fame and would definitely not expect paranormal shit to be real.

Kind of late to the party here, but room for one more?

If so, I'd like to play a male character. He'd be sort of the egohead tough guy that thinks he's a real badass and postures around to be all cool.
He'd put on a good show for sure, and likely be humbled very quickly.
All he'd really care about is internet fame and would definitely not expect paranormal shit to be real.
I'm happy to have you on board, however how is this personality going to get along with the other characters? It doesn't seem to be a great fit.

I'm happy to have you on board, however how is this personality going to get along with the other characters? It doesn't seem to be a great fit.
I thought it might be an interesting dynamic considering the other characters. I was going for a character similar to Kanji from the Persona Series; tough guy with a heart of gold, defensive about his sexuality, the butt of the joke most of the time, that sort of thing. I was thinking he met the trio in high school, and after being nice or helping him out when he was down and out after a bad fight or something, he'd seen what true friendship looked like and became interested in their club, ending up fiercely loyal to it. He'd be the overprotective type that, when some punk might say something nasty about the club, he stands up to set them straight.

I find more spicy or rough characters fun to play and easy to bounce off other characters, but if you'd rather save the spot for a more docile or friendly character, I understand.

Back
Top Bottom