Currently reading:
MxF What's in Here? Click and Find Out!

JrB

Captain Headass
Local time
Today 8:10 AM
Pronouns
He, him, his
Well, here we are, another JrB request thread update. This one will be a little different from others, but we'll get into that later.

First, a little about me:
  • 90s baby
  • Southern US resident
  • US Central Time
  • Writer for over a decade
  • Daily check-ins for responses/DMs, posts responses at least once/week
  • 3rd person POV
  • Generally one long paragraph+ per response, prefers 2+ paragraphs if possible
  • Only writes on threads; DMs for OOC discussion
  • Uses realistic FC pics for characters
The last few are kind of what I'm looking for in a partner. Lately I've been okay with a single, decent-sized paragraph from my partners, but if you can write more than one, that'd be great. I will say I'm hard set on 3rd person POV though. Also, it'd be great if you didn't do a time skip that goes so far ahead that there's no real build to the story.

I'm definitely okay with writing smut. I wouldn't say I have the numbers for an amount though. Could be 5% smut, it could even be 95% smut, or anything in between, but that's something we can discuss in DMs for pre-planning. I will say it seems better to naturally play it out though. As far as kinks, I wouldn't say I have a set list of what I'm looking for specifically, it's really somewhat open ended, but I will say that two things I will NOT do under ANY circumstances are incest or rape. Come to me with either or both, and the discussion ends there. No ifs, ands, or buts.

This is the part where I tend to lose some people. It is what it is, but we all have our own writing interests. Mine lie in the realm of modern/realistic/slice of life stories more than anything. Not to say other genres aren't, but I've just never been good at writing them. I understand some people aren't for writing what I do, but that's okay. If you are one who is, check below.

So, here's what I meant earlier. I'm doing a new style of req thread. For all intents and purposes, I will be calling it a "showcase" style. What that means is I will have one plot idea up for a week (at most) and whichever happens first between said week going by or someone expressing interest, pre-planning, exchanging character sheets, and starting, I will move on to another until all spots are filled. "But what happens if a story goes by and nobody takes it?" Well, I just move on and it'll eventually come back around in the rotation.

To accompany this plot showcase style, I will also include one character from my character thread as well. If the one shown is okay by you, he will be used. If not, click the link here and look through. There may be some taken, so look for ones that don't say they are, because I have zero interest in using the same character in multiple RPs.

Well, with all that said, let's get this showcase going. This week's featured plot:

Game On

This one is kind of cliche, like The Sideline Story before. Only this time, YC isn't a cheerleader. Instead, she's another athlete just like MC. Likewise, it's January and spring term is just beginning for both of us. The days are as short as they'll be all year, the temperature is a far cry from what it was and what it will be 6 months from now, students joke about the spread of "snifflis" going around, and the student body looks a whole lot different than it did roughly a month ago. Some new faces have popped up, some old faces have their reason for not being here (transfer, graduation, gap term, etc.) but others are back to take on new challenges. MC is on the football team, and for this RP, football season will be over, which means more time for him to socialize and meet women, which could mean YC. I won't tell you what sport YC plays, so here are some ideas we could go with.
  • Our characters both play fall sports (for women, that would be sports like volleyball, soccer, or cross country) so she's in the same boat as MC.
  • YC plays a winter sport (basketball, gymnastics, swim team, etc.) so MC's already supporting yours in some way.
  • YC plays a spring sport (softball, tennis, lacrosse, golf, track, etc.) so while she will have more time dedicated to her sport, she still has a little time to have a social life and cross paths with MC.
Now, for ideas on how they meet, here are some ideas:
  • One of our characters is a new transfer and the other offers to show them around and give them a real feel for the campus and city before term actually begins. Could be something as far as the athletic director voluntelling him/her to do so, or it's an actual volunteering by joining in a group of returning students to help show newbies around, or even finding they're assigned to be new dorm mates, if not even neighbors in the same dorm hall/apartment complex/block/etc.
  • If they're both returning students, perhaps they're settled in the weekend before term starts and one of the campus fraternities throws a party for those who are already settled in, which means our characters are invited guests.
  • We can also start on the first day of term and find they're classmates. Classic but reliable trope. Never fails.
  • If not classmates, we can always have them come across one another on campus. Whether that's at the gym, at the student union, or even as students who either had class before, have mutual friends, or are even somewhat acquainted, and they cross paths before/in between/after classes. Likely some time in the first week as well.
  • Like in the fall term, there is a campuswide gathering of students meeting and greeting each other towards the end of the first week. Our characters could be attendees and this is where their first encounter takes place.
  • Our characters are young adults. What do young adults like to do? Go out and have a good time. Every university, large and small, has their own local hot spot that students like to hit up on the weekend. This university has a whole street that's just off campus that's home to several bars, restaurants, and nightclubs, all of which are frequented by students every weekend. At some point, our characters could have this be them. Could be early in the story, could be later on.
  • The good times don't have to be out in the public either. Sometimes they just want to party as well. Maybe one of our characters hasn't been settled in all the way yet. Luckily, the same frat from the second idea has parties pretty much every weekend. This is the official "welcome back" party that was more open to the invited public, and guess which two were offered invites?
  • Some parties don't have to be large. It could be just a few friends hanging out, drinking and just having a good time at someone's house. That could be us.
  • On the flip side, you can still meet up with someone without partying but still be seen in public. Maybe one of our characters works at a restaurant or a store or at the local mall or anywhere within the city really.
  • Then, there's always the matchmaker idea. Either a mutual friend sets our characters up or a dating app does it, something like Tinder or Bumble (if you'd want YC to make the first move).
  • We can also have them meet up the day of a game, whether it's one she's playing in or if she's in off-season training, like mine, she's there to support a friend.
  • One other thing we can do with this pairing is add to it with another scenario. Perhaps they're roommates as well, or maybe even have one become the other's tutor.
Note: Don't let this idea scare you off. You don't need an extensive knowledge of sports to do this RP. In fact, the sporting aspect is more or less a background trait of our characters, which would only really come up in the beginning to establish who they are and then from there, it'll mostly be how our characters interact with each other.

Here is a potential character to match up for this RP:

If this plot interests you, what are you waiting for? DM me!

Pairings that went unclaimed in the Showcase but will come back around:
  • Gig driver x client
  • A guy x OnlyFans model

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom