Currently reading:
Unspecified When life gives you Lemon, make roleplay

lemon23

special agent sunshine
Local time
Today 5:33 PM
Pronouns
she/they
Hiya! Lemon here! I've been on this site for a while, but have been through both my lurker phase, as well as a momentary not-so-brief hiatus, so I've not actually gotten to do actual roleplaying on here as of yet, so I'm looking to get that started.

I am in GMT+1, but generally do not pay much attention to time zones. My sleep is all kinds of messed up, so I am usually available to reply at least once a day, and always at least 3 times over a week. I am also, of course, very cognisant of life and aware that it does not care that you have an active roleplay going on when it decides to fuck you over. Stuff happens, absences happen, it's fine. All I ask is that if the absence is foreseeable, please let me know beforehand - and also if you in some way lose interest in our roleplay, please let me know. Either we can rework it, or we'll part ways in peace. As long as I'm not ghosted, I won't be offended - I swear.

My own replies tend to be from around a paragraph, to multi-para. I do not have any preference in post length (as long as it's not oneliners or asterisks), and tend to be a length-matcher more than anything. An inspired partner always inspires me to write more, them's the rules.

I, myself, am non-binary (she/they), and roleplay as female or non-binary characters, and have absolutely no preference in your gender, either IRL or in the roleplay. I don't mind writing smut, but I would not go over a 70-30 split, and I try to stray away from mindless smut just for the sake of it. The same for violence, where I'd like my character to keep all of their limbs at all times. Most of this depends on the story we hash out together, and my limits and preferences vary wildly depending on our gender-matchup too.

As for the actual story, I am open to most things. I am an absolute sucker for High Fantasy, but am just as pleased to do SoL if the story compels me. I am, however, a sucker for world-building, and am very quickly interested if the moment arises.

I also roleplay some fandoms, but ask to stay away from canon characters, please. Also, of course, all characters have to be 18+. The fandoms I tend to do the most are:
  • Lord of The Rings
  • Harry Potter
  • Sandman
  • Good Omens
  • Kingdom Hearts

I have some plots that I am in the middle of making more detailed, and as I've done so, I'm going to update this post. I'll also update this post as new plots appear, or old ones are removed.

All genders that might be implied in the plots below are up for discussion, I just have an easier time writing when I try to picture something, at least.

[Kingdom] had once been a melting pot of different people and different cultures. Wedged in between several mountain chains, [Kingdom]'s inhabitants lived closely together, relying upon each other to all share the few farmlands, and to give eachother guidance through the deep forests. The mines, sprawling with gems and riches, became everyone's responsibility to keep and to care for, as the main export it ensured that [Kingdom] would be able to feed all of it's inhabitants even through the rough winters.

There was nothing to suspect that the peaceful and cooperative world that [Kingdom] once shared between its peoples would ever be threatened. The location, for one, did not lend itself very well for outside invasions, nor was the magic-wielding elves often overcome from within - until they were.

In the beginning, it was only a small faction of humans, managing to use [Kingdom's] unique environment to their advantage. Driving the elves back into the mountains, they cut off all means of escape, and in a cruel and barbaric mass-execution, the humans could soon declare themselves sole rulers of [Kingdom]. The few elves who managed to survive went into hiding, and depended on the marriage to unsuspecting humans to further their bloodlines. After several hundred years, only a truly trained eye could differentiate between a half-elf and a human on sight alone.

In current time, [Kingdom] is met with the announcement of the Monarch's declining health. Their family have now found themselves in a game of cat and mouse for the throne, where nobody's back is covered, and ambitions run high. The remaining noble families around [Kingdom] are all taking the side that would prove most beneficial for them. For one of these families, their endorsement, and with it control over the farmlands, is dearly sought after, and arranging a marriage between the heir apparent, and their eldest child, might just be the one thing that could tie them to the throne - and strengthen the survival of a rare bloodline.

Tensions in the capital run high, and as one possible heir now finds themselves in close proximity to her sibling-in-law-to-be, the fight for the throne becomes not only one of honour, but of blood, magic and intrigue.

In a [noname] world on the brink of its own industrialisation, the forests have found themselves unwilling victims in a war against the humans, and other races.

People rarely think about the entire scope of consequences. The most immediate consequence of weapon production is war, and that is usually where the train of thoughts halt. Most wouldn't blame them, though, war is usually big enough of a consequence alone to require full and immediate attention. However, for the people that exist in shadow of war and peace, the consequences stretches far beyond what most people could ever imagine.

With bare feet, she walked the earth, every step another unsteady wobble into the unknown, every step another solidifying movement taking her further away from where she was supposed to be. Around her, the forest was crying out, hurting. Even the parts of the forest that had been physically unaffected still cried, their guardians either gone into hiding - or just gone.

She had been travelling for quite a while now, with no rest, and no food. Usually, that wouldn't matter - her kind rarely needed to feed anyway. They usually did not spend this much time in their mortal forms, and when they did, they did not stray far from their home. She had left her realm many days ago, burning, crying out in agony. And so she had sworn to go - to bring aid if not to herself, then to what remained of her people. Surely the war could not have ruined all of them, at least not yet. But as her journey went on, as her mortal form solidified, a pang of hunger began growing in the pit of her stomach, her movements growing more erratic, and her eyes searching endlessly for something - anything, that could ease her worries.

Still wearing her traditional mortal garments, made out of bark and yellow coniferous needles, a crown of conifer conifer nuts and twisted branches in her short, white hair, a mortal being would have no trouble recognizing her for what she was, if they knew of her kind. The dryads had kept to themselves for so long, they might as well be considered legend. Apart from the elves, the only race still having some sort of respect for the forests, other races usually brought naught but fire and ruin to the dryads, and so they kept to themselves.

1. [NB: Names only temporary working-names]
    The world is slowly changing, trouble brewing at every corner. Under the surface, Hellscape was growing at an abominable rate, the amount of souls to be collected multiplying by the minute. In Evergreen, beauty and grace almost seemed like ancient myths, neglected for the more urgent need of simply staying alive.

The rope holding the worlds together was frayed, the knot slipping more and more for every day. Angels and demons clashed together, the chaos causing the humans to run amok. And amongst it all, an outward threat, something unknown to both angels and demons, an ancient, foreign power, creeping and seething from depths too deep and too dangerous.

Something had to be done. Bonds had to be forged, new knots tied, and bad relations mended. And it began with them. The heirs-apparent of Hellscape and Evergreen. And as the world's destiny was placed on the edge of a knife, all hope was placed in the power of love. Only, was it ever love, if they were told to submit? Could a marriage be built on necessity, could love bloom between two far opposites?

It had to.

Anyway, it's a bit blurry rn, but I was sort of thinking that some deep unknown power has been awoken (in the depths of Hellscape, or somewhere else entirely), by someone digging too deep into the crust of the world. This unknown power is sending the world (Hellscape, Evergreen and the mortal realm alike) into imbalance, and war is breaking out everywhere. Hellscape and Evergreen has, according to ancient legend, always had a role in binding the world together, and this bond is unravelling. Advisors and scholars are fearing what will happen if this bond lets go at all - and proposes the idea of a marriage across borders to keep it safe.

That's about it for now. Take care!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom