Unspecified Where the Wild Things Go (Fandom + Original)

Currently reading:
Unspecified Where the Wild Things Go (Fandom + Original)

Local time
Today 1:25 AM
Sorry if this thread isn't the fanciest in terms of coding! I'm new to the site and I'm not sure how much of my experience with formatting carries over here. We'll see, I guess. In any event, welcome to my search thread! My name is Jenny, and I'm a 27 year old who has been roleplaying for a decade or so. (Probably a bit longer, to be perfectly honest.) I'm an English major who is working on getting her graduate degree in law, and so I low-key want to die because, wow, homework. RIP me, I guess. In any event, I'm looking for a couple of writing partners so I can maintain whatever remains of my sanity between homework and actual work. It's a delicate balance, my friends.

So without further ado, let's get into the nitty gritty stuff so you know what I expect of you, and what you can expect of me, yeah?

Writing style: I write in third person, past tense, and my posts tend to be upwards of 1,000 words. I don't expect that much from you, and I'm happy as long as I have something to reply to. I am an English major, as I've mentioned, so my grammar and spelling are pretty decent. I know mistakes happen, and that's fine! As long as I can understand you, we're golden. I just want to have fun. I have samples from my time on other sites, and as soon as I can figure out how to properly link those, I'll do so.

Posting Frequency: I try to post at least once a week, but work and school takes priority over replies. I'll always try to keep you posted on when I expect to become busy (like if I have exams), and I ask the same of you. That said, I am incredibly patient. I've waited literal months for replies if I liked the story enough. Just please tell me if you lose interest so I'm not waiting in vain! I won't get mad if you ditch. Shit happens.

Characters: I play any gender, and you're free to do the same. (As a general rule, though, I like to play men. No idea why this is.) This is a LGBT+ friendly place. Trans, nonbinary, genderfluid, all of it, is welcome here. You do you, boo, cause I'm down with whatever. In fandom settings, I would rather not play canon x oc pairings. I'd rather do canon x canon, or oc x oc. I'm pretty firm on this. I can and will double as the plot requires, but I am not a big fan of doubling for the pure sake of doubling. (For example, a "I'll play x character if you play x for me" is generally something I'm not interested in. One pairing almost always gets favored, or it feels forced because the plot doesn't accommodate for such things.) I'll flesh out my NPCs and write the heck out of them! But throwing characters in for no reason isn't really my cup of tea. I'm not fussy on face claims or character profiles. You want to do them, I'll do them. If you don't, then I won't. I really don't care either way on those.

Romance: I'm a sucker for it, but platonic things are just as interesting! I like character interactions, period. If romance does occur, I'm happy with writing smut, but only if there is an appropriate level of plot happening as well. I'm not interested in pure smut rp at the moment-- I'm more interested in the plot anyways, but smut can be fun so... Here we are. I'm not currently looking for poly romance, and I absolutely will not do love triangles. Not my cup of tea. At all.

Limits: As a rule, I enjoy darker plots just as much as fluffy ones. If there are things that will squick you out, please, let me know!
  • My limits are: vore, anything toilet-related, vomiting, incest, dubcon/noncon, and a/b/o dynamics. More potentially to come as I think of them. I also have a phobia of needles in a medical/drug setting, so any mention of them can only be done in passing-- if they do come up, please don't go into depth with the description of the needle or the injection. Thanks.
  • I absolutely won't write anything to do with werewolves due to a really shitty experience with those a while back. Sorry, guys. I want to love them but I still cringe.
OOC: I enjoy it, but it's not strictly needed. I do get rather invested in my roleplays, however, and I tend to make playlists, mood-boards, and sometimes art for the story, and it'd be nice to be able to share those and have someone equally as invested! It's more a bonus than a requirement, though.
I think that about sums up the rules themselves. I'll have my interests in the next post!

So here are the things I'm currently most interested in. This list is liable to change with time. I'll definitely update it as needed! With all fandoms, oc's are welcome. Just not as a canon x oc pairing, mind you.

FANDOMS:
Detroit Become Human: I would kill a man for the chance to play Connor. That said, I've got a soft spot for most of the cast, so I'm very much open for whatever plots/pairings you may have.

Good Omens: Give me some of that sweet, sweet Crowley x Aziraphale.

Harry Potter: I'm fond of this universe, and lately, I've been really craving a Draco x Harry roleplay in which I play Harry. This roleplay would be post-series, and I'd love to take an Epilogue-What-Epilogue approach. I'd love to see where the boys wind up and how they reconnect. Some ideas I have for this is Harry being an auror-burnout who turns into a teacher at Hogwarts, or perhaps they're auror partners? Maybe Harry and Draco wind up unwillingly being owners of adjacent shops in Hogsmeade, and it's a disaster and a half because they share a wall or something similar. Really, I'm open to suggestions, and any ideas you have are welcome!

I'd also love to write Ginny x Luna, or maybe Sirius x Lupin. Or suggest pairings! I'll hear you out. I'd love original characters of all kinds in this verse as well, as long as they are not minors. Suggest, suggest, suggest.

Marvel MCU: I'm a sucker for Steve x Bucky, particularly so if there is shrinkyclinks going on. I also love Tony x Loki (because oh, the sass), Phil Coulson x Clint, and I'm open to other pairings as well.

My Hero Academia: Particularly would enjoy writing Deku versus either Bakugo or Todoroki. That said, I'm open to other pairings, and I think it would be interesting as well to do something focusing on the teachers. Again, this would have to be aged up. Hero... university. Or post-pro hero. I think it would be interesting too to see what would become of Deku if he hadn't gotten his quirk. (I can see him being in the support class, or finding a job in the police force or something, y'know?) It would also be fun to do something with the fantasy world ending theme. Epic quests, aw yes.

Naruto: Not going to lie, I stopped mid-Akatsuki. I'm feeling nostalgic though, and an alternate universe or canon-divergent plot would be lovely. As for pairings, I'm open to many of them, but I've always had a soft spot for Kakashi and Iruka. (I think I'd rather play Iruka.) Original characters would be amazing in this verse as well!

Supernatural: I'm rewatching it/attempting to finish it, so canon-divergent or an alternate universe would be ideal. I've made it to season 6, so yeah, I have a lot left to go. Castiel x Dean or Gabriel x Sam would be my ideal pairings. Also like Charlie x Gilda.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Nostalgia again. I enjoy just about any of the main four shipped together in some capacity, as well as some f// pairings as well. (Shizuku x Keiko, for example, or Koto x Juri.) Suggest away.

ORIGINAL:
Since this is so broad a subject, I'm going to list a word bank for things that I enjoy. You can pick and choose from them, and suggest if you don't see something that strikes your fancy. I also have plots, which I'll post shortly.

• labyrinths
  • conspiracies
  • murder
  • curses
  • not-so-friendly-fae
  • princes(ses) that save themselves
  • dystopian societies
  • life after the apocalypse
  • coffeeshop au
  • thieves and vagabonds
  • fairy tales and fables
  • magical realism
  • high fantasy
  • androids
  • alternate universes
  • doppelgangers
  • strangers you once knew
  • lost in the woods
  • ghosts
  • oops wrong number
  • amnesiacs
  • back from the dead
  • unwilling heroes
  • not so imaginary friends
  • found families
  • obsession
  • mmos
  • faustian contracts

These are my current plots! I'll add more as I think of them, and I'd love to see anything you have in mind as well!

"imaginary" friend" x friend plot. dark. psychological horror.
HOW DO YOU DO? MY NAME IS YOU.
The imagination of a child is a strange thing, isn't it? A thousand possibilities laid bare by the minds of babes, with adults looking on in bemused wonder at the days they've lost with age. A cardboard box, in the hands of a child, becomes a castle. A stick, a sword. The neighbor's dog, a dragon... Whole worlds, from the smallest of things. Whole imaginary people, from nothing but a scrap of inspiration found from God knows where.

Our story begins with one such child. A particularly lonely child winds up imagining their first imaginary friend, as children are apt to do. At first, no one thinks anything of it. Most kids have an imaginary friend at some point, after all, and so the kid's parents don't raise an eyebrow... at first. Sure, it's a bit odd looking in the drawings their kid makes, but that's really no cause for alarm, due to it being imaginary and all. Children do have rather detailed imaginations, and what an adult views as odd and what a child views as odd are two very different things, after all. And so it goes. Their child is happy at long last, and isn't that what matters? The child thinks that the imaginary friend is a super great, of course! They are never mean, and they always go along with whatever games the kid comes up with. The friend even changes shapes, which is really entertaining to watch! Talons and feathers and horns and back again, all in the blink of an eye. Most importantly, the friend promises the child that it's not going anywhere... ever. They'll be friends, always and always, and isn't that just great?

At least, it's great until the friend keeps that promise. For years. The child grows older and older, and while other kids have cast away their imaginary friend due to the juvenile nature of the thing, the kid (now grown) can't get rid of them. They're a very lonely person, after all, and it'd be just mean to cast away such a loving friend, right? But reality catches up to the best of us, and eventually, the kid's parents express great concern because their child is now in their teens, and the drawings on the fridge have become more and more detailed as the years pass, and, well.... The friend is scary. Their child is almost an adult, so they push for the kid to let the friend go. And so the kid tries, but the harder that the kid tries to push the friend away, the more angry and violent it becomes. It's having trouble keeping a form that is pleasant to the eyes, and it's begun to start lashing out at anyone who tries to get too close. A series of accidents where other children are harmed leads to the kid being taken to therapy, and through medicine, the imaginary friend goes away, nothing more than a bittersweet memory of youth and the "visions" of a delusional mind in need of medication.

Years pass, and the kid almost forgets. Almost, but never entirely, because even on the medication, if they look carefully enough, in the corner of their eye, there is a familiar face. It's getting closer by the day, and my, my, does it look angry... and quite solid.

How long can one go asking for companionship before something comes to answer?

casual gamer x hardcore gamer plot. fantasy. action. potentially dark.
A GAME WE WERE BORN TO LOSE.
What I had in mind was something .//hack-esque. By that, I mean that there's a fully immersive MMO that was just released onto the market. You aren't simply watching your character run around on a digital field; you are that character. They don't look like you, because customization is a huge part of the game, but you become them, if only for a short period of time. You can feel the wind through your hair, the gravel crunching beneath your feet, the sun on your back. Of course, with that, there's pain if one gets into a fight online, but it's dimmed down considerably. (As in, if you die, you might feel as though you've been shoved, and when you blink again, you come back to reality, and you're perfectly fine: no blood and no lingering pain.) It's fantasy based, so there are dragons and whatnot to go slay, and the world is huge, and, due to the new technology, gamers old and new are flocking to it in droves. It's the first game of its kind, and the community is mostly really kind. There are guilds that work to protect newer players and help them get accustomed to gameplay, and team play is highly encouraged. The more members in your party, the better the loot and the harder the enemies. There are some dungeons that can only be reached with a full party, and those ones are known to be the very best. The lore is really rich, too, so you actually feel as though it's a real fantasy world. There's so much to explore and to find, but it's definitely tons more fun with friends.

Of course, there are a few downfalls. Like, if you're a total loner who isn't any good at making friends, the game is a lot less fun. There's also the issue of there being pkers, who go around offing new players right before they get to the end of a dungeon. Towns are safe, but the second that a noob wanders out into the field, there might be a jerk waiting to kill them before they can even get started. (For the most part, this isn't tolerated, but it's rather hard to stop, since there's not a rule against it yet.) Some parties wanting into these dungeons recruit weaker players and kill them the second that they enter the dungeon doors, so that they don't have to split the loot. Most players don't do this, but there's always that one jerk on an online game who is determined to be an ass. Also, since the game is new, there are some glitches...

Which is where the plot can split into something light and happy or something a bit darker. If we wanted to go with the fluffier version, a pretty experienced player of MMO's winds up teaming up with a total newbie, and for whatever reason, the two click really well and keep playing together. Maybe there was a PK attempt and that made the older player more protective because "wow, this person has no clue what they are doing," but they're nice enough. Maybe it's a new challenge to keep someone so under-powered alive, or they don't have all that many friends online for whatever reason. The two can start a guild of their own to try to keep PKers at bay, or maybe they can just be interested in rare items. (Like, the more experienced player doesn't give a hoot about collection, but the other player does and they'd get creamed if they didn't have a bodyguard, and it's not like the higher level player has anything else to do, so why not? I just really like seeing how different players have different reasons for playing a game, and how that interaction works. Something mutually beneficial for both of them, despite differences, is awesome.) If we do go this route, I'd love to have the pair of them not really talk to each other in person. Maybe they have no clue who the other person is, or they aren't on the best terms in reality? I'd be down for that.~

The darker route involves the one of the characters being unable to log off because of a glitch. They're stuck in the game, and no matter how they try, they can't get out. Because this glitch has never happened before, no one believes them. Every player that they try to get to help laughs in their face, telling them to log off already, get some sleep, to stop being a drama queen. They aren't sure what is happening to their body in reality: is it laying unconscious at the computer screen? Are they going to die if they can't leave? More importantly, what if they die in the game? They're too scared to try it. If they can't log off naturally, why should the dying-method work? The pain from getting hit is a lot more intense than it used to be, and no matter how they fiddle with their settings to try to turn that feature of the game off (which used to work before), it does nothing. They're starting to panic... and then Character B comes along, and for whatever reason, they decide to believe them. They try to report the incident, but the report is deleted as spam... which makes the pair of them start to wonder if it's a glitch at all. For a while, the character that can log off tries to help. They protect the other player, and try to stay online as long as possible, only logging off to sleep and go to their job/school/whatever. ...Except, sooner or later, the news starts to spread that Character A isn't the only one who can't log out. People are going comatose, and the only link between them is that they are players of the mmo. This, sadly, just makes more people want to play the game, because rumors do silly things... and then, one day, Character B becomes one of the players who's trapped. Now they're both stuck, and the numbers of comatose players are growing, and people are getting desperate. An in-game rumour begins, stating that, in order to leave the game, you have to win it... and some people are under the opinion that the less competition, the better. Player killing is on the rise, and the hysteria is only building. So can the pair of them find a solution before it is too late?

necromancer x creation. fantasy. dark. codependency. potential dystopia.
YOU SAID YOU'D NEVER LET ME GO.
This plot is rough, and it needs a lot of polish. So just a head's up!
Character A always was too smart for their own good. Always a little too curious, a little too ambitious. Where everyone else reached for the stars, they wanted the whole galaxy, and nothing short of the galaxy would do. Impossible? Maybe. Were they mad? Probably. It didn't matter though, because Character B had always stood by their side, and if they had Character B's support and adoration, nothing else mattered. All they needed was B. They were obsessed. Character A couldn't exist without B. Couldn't breathe. They needed B.

But Character A was meddling in something bigger than them. They get recruited. An organization wants their knowledge to assist them in producing a medicine that will slow the progress of disease, so known cures have more time to take effect. A fast spreading cancer can be halted so it can be removed before it can grow. A disease that causes advanced aging can be stopped entirely. But Character B doesn't like it. Something doesn't seem right, and it's only a matter of time before B's good sense proved to be correct. That research wasn't for medicine at all. It was meant to be a weapon of war. Soldiers who can never tire. Soldiers who can be shot, and keep fighting. Forever.

Something goes wrong. Maybe it's due to the research. Maybe it's a freak accident. Either way, though, B sacrificed themselves to save Character A. After all, Character A was always too smart for their own good, but Character B wasn't stupid. They saw the risks. They knew the dangers. And they paid the ultimate price for knowing.

Knowledge, after all, is a dangerous thing.

Character A was inconsolable, of course... but they're too smart for their own good, and some way or another, they found a way to bring B back to life. It's not true life... but B is the same as they always were, except there's holes in their memory they cannot explain. Things that they do remember, that don't make sense, like images of being somewhere dark, and being unable to move, or memories of fire. And Character A looked different than they remember. Older. And for some reason, B doesn't feel right. Like something was horribly, horribly wrong, and they're so cold. Why were they so cold?

It's hard to explain someone coming back. Especially if the technology used to do so was supposed to belong to the organization A was working for, and the longer B's up and walking, the more they seem to struggle. Animals fear them. They don't hunger... and sometimes, just sometimes, they don't seem to be like B at all. They seem angry. Volatile. Like maybe, just maybe, B's intuition is correct, and maybe? Maybe they really aren't quite right.

Bump.

My dog chewed up my computer charger and the replacement won't be in until Sunday, so I'm going to be a tad bit slow responding until then. Couldn't afford a replacement until yesterday. Bluh.

Bump. I'm back again, charger in tow, and I'm working fewer hours so I don't want to scream anymore. Success.

Back
Top Bottom