Currently reading:
MxF (WIP) Wine, Blood, and Bronze | Homeric/Mythological Fantasy

Stone

Knight
Local time
Today 12:05 AM
Pronouns
He/him/his
I'm still working on this idea but please let me know if you are interested! I am looking for someone to play a female character and will only be playing male characters unless it is a side-character.

Greetings. This is a specific request/platform for roleplays that take place during the bronze age of Greek mythology. While I don't intend to follow the myths and stories themselves - some of that stuff is just not okay - I want to use the world, and the characters to create new stories of heroes and monsters and vengeful gods. You don't need to be a scholar of mythology to enjoy this either. Most of the myths are all around us (if you live in the western world) and the rest can be dropped or picked up however we want - much like the original tales themselves.

A quick note: In the myths and in Homer's writing, many of the characters are truly vile human beings that blame their actions on the will of the gods. We'd see them as violent schizophrenics today, so I will be playing all characters like they have self-conscious.

Feel free to bring your own character, or if you want to play one of the gods in human form, or anything, I'm open to discuss!

The characters:
Most artwork is taken from the game A Total War Saga: Troy

Male

Achilles: The bad boy, the loose canon. In this version he would be a man full of volatile emotions without the coping methods to deal with the pain he feels, so he wages a bloody war just to feel alive.

Hector: The protector of Troy. Honor bound to protect Paris and Helen despite his grievances about the paring

Paris: He only wanted to protect Helen from the brutality of the Greeks, and ended up starting the first world war.

Odysseus: Possibly the only self-conscious person in the Iliad, Odysseus is honor bound to follow his Greek brothers to war with the Trojans, despite his misgivings about the entire thing. His supreme strategic mind turned the tide in the stalemate of the war. He just wants to return to his island home and sail the seas.

Female:

Helen: Seeing an opportunity to have more freedoms and a better life with the Trojans, she left with Paris. She expected her husband to war for her, but didn't expect the rest of the world to follow.

Hippolyta: The queen of the Amazons. Building a new queendom from the ashes of the old was next to impossible, but defending it may be the most challenging task yet.

Penthesilea: The warrior-queen of the Amazons. Fueled by rage, she leads her hot-blooded battle sisters to run over any army of men foolish enough to encroach on Amazon land. Will her bloodlust see her fury spread through the rest of the Greek world like the fires that destroyed her home?

Back
Top Bottom