Currently reading:
Witch Seeking Witch

LadyAnnette

(From State Farm)
Local time
Today 2:49 AM
Samhain University

Established during the Salem witch trials, Samhain started as a small refuge for witches near what is now known as Seattle Washington in north America. It was founded by a very powerful witch who was called Baba Yaga, to continue on the tradition of magic, which was under attack. She wanted to create a place where she and other witches of all kinds could develop their powers without fear of trouble from the outside world. Together with several of her witch brothers and sisters, they sealed a small pocket of time away, only able to be found by those who poses magic. There time is in a continuous loop of the same year. The building remains as nice and pristine as the day it was made. All the creatures who were in it stay the same age (no people thankfully) while the humans who come in age naturally. It was a splendid place. It was safe and secure and witches flocked to it.
As time grew on and things changed, Samhain remained the same. Founders went to the next world and new ones came to take their places. New magic and creatures and powers were discovered and the school flourished. It was a place if acceptance. A place of new growth and new ideas. It had people from all walks of life and all over the world flocking to it. For the most part, the school was a glorious place, but every place has bad apples.
In the early 1900s, there was a witch who was a brilliant user of magic. Skilled in transformation and earth magic, alchemy and potions; no one could compare. And no one cared to even try, seeing as she was a descendent of Baba Yaga. Opal Yaga was her name, and everyone who used magic knew it. She was the first witch who went bad.
At the turn of the century, Opal was 16. And as she grew older, she began using her powers in the new state California, where people were settling. She helped mostly single mothers and anyone down on their luck, but her kindness was betrayed. A young man stole her heart, and when she revealed her powers to him, he betrayed her and tried to have her burned. But she was too powerful for them. She escaped.
Burnt and betrayed, she went back to the school that she knew to be a safe haven. Then healed her, but she was never the same. She stayed in that school, studying, for over twenty years. And in that time, she realized that normal people would never accept them. They were too scared.
She realesed a great famin on the land that tore the country apart. It was irreversible.
The witches that imprisoned her were powerful indeed, but the damage was already done. It only spread thriugh north America, but it left the united states in a state of depression. But as people always do, they came back. They thrived. Unfortunately, no one could ever get how Opal did it out of her.
Throughout the years, other witches followed her beliefs, calling themselves The Chosen. A member of their coven even became the leader if Samhain for a few years, slowly integrating their doctrine into the coriculam. And after she was exposed, the school seemed to lose credibility. People were scared to go there to learn, and it appeared that the school would be shut down. Luckily, good shines brightest in dark times.
As the world was changing, witches couldn't hide forever. Normal people came to see them for who they were around the 1950s, witches stepping up a long side african Americans and women to be allowed the same rights. The movement was magical, no pun intended. While many still opposed the changes, people were strong willed and determined to be heard and given what they deserved. Soon minds started changing, and people began to change. It wasn't over night, but the year is 2018 and people are much more accepting. Of course there are plenty of people still trying to justify prejudice, but there are also plenty of people willing to stand against it. And Samhain University is one of the hubs in activism. It doesn't require tuition but every student must have a job on campus relating to their major, be it helping a potions master to learn about different healing elements,or helping in the library for magical history.
Over all, it is a thriving place filled with diversity and inclusion.

Majors:

Psychichollogy (using psychic powers to help understand a patient with mentle illness and help them)
Healing (includes normal healing magic paired with mondern day technologies. Also includes necromancy as a form of short term resuscitation.)
Art and design
Magical technology (developing new ways to integrate magic and tech together, as well as working with existing magical tech)
Architecture (developing and integrating magic into architecture)
Business (running a business with the help of or for magic)
Teaching (basic or advanced teaching of all subjects)
Culinary magic (integrating magic in cooking)
Magic ethics
Government and political science (normal stuff mostly but dealing more with the magical laws and ethics that regulate witches)
Magic law (dealing souly with law involving magical beings)
Magic history
Magic philosophy
Botanism
Hedge witch (dealing with the ones who have passed on)
Major in magical creature contact (dealing with the fae or other magical creatures)
Magic and culture studies (the study of different cultures and their types of magic)
(Feel free to add others but please ask me first)

Character sheet
Name:
Major: (if you want to make up your own feel free)
High school attended: (magical or otherwise)
Magical awakening: (the first time they realized they could do magic)
Most powerful spell/ability: (potions, transformation, etc. and please explain)
History:
Personality:
Appearance:
Job at the college:

Rules:
Normally I'm super lax on rules cause I just don't really care but in a world with magic I think it's important to have some so no one gets out if hand.

1) Make character's that are believable. I don't want to see characters that are just better than everyone. You can make a character who is smart and good at magic without making them over the top.

2) This world is very much like ours, except with actual magic. It still has limits and laws of nature you have to take into account. You can't just bring someone back to life or make something out of nothing. Something of squeal value must be given, insert FMA speech here.

3) Please, I am begging, try not to make a character that is "The Chosen One" or anything like that. It's totally fine to make a cool and unique character, but I am not here for any of that bull s*it.

4) If you want to alter the way the story is going, please consult me. We need to make important decisions together. If you think that it is a big deal, check and make sure it's ok. Also if you have any ideas or comments please feel free to share. Let's compromise if we don't agree and build things together.

5) When you use magic, don't just be like,'i cast a spell and my wig flew away.' Put something on it. Maybe like,'I felt the magic flow through me in that moment. If I cast this spell properly, my wig would fly higher than the birds in the sky. The words erupted from my lips, pronounced perfectly and a bolt of pure blue magic stretched to my wig. With a jolt, it was airborne,' A little effort. Of course with smaller stuff you don't have to stress it too much.

This isn't a rule but I wanted to add in. Have fun. If you want to be a wearwolf witch or a dude-bro witch or not even be a witch at all then don't sweat it and have fun. I don't want to impose on anyone's creativity so play around with ideas!

Ok, so I posted this idea I had on the group request forum, but I want to do a one on one RP in the same universe but with a different character and story line.
Please feel free to pm me or reply here if you're interested. I'm gonna post my character here shortly.

Name: Atticus Lancaster
Major: Art and Design, particularly developing new ways of incorporating magic and art together.
High school attended: Atherton High School, a normal public school with a limited number of magical classes.
Magical awakening: Atticus was drawing one day, and he realized that if he tried hard enough, he could make the pictures move on their own.
Most powerful spell/ability: Illusions. He can make pictures move on pages and come off if he tries. It takes a long time for him to make full sized works of art but he can do it, and keep them animated for about ten minutes.
History: Art had a pretty normal life in his opinion. He grew up in London England and was drawing sense he was little. It was his escape. His parents would fight a lot, so art gave him an outlet.
In school, he was usually the shy kid who didn't want to get in trouble, till his friends pressured him or he met someone he liked. He wasn't a trouble maker, but he would get dragged into it.
In high school it only got worse when he discovered his magic. He felt special, being a witch. He would make little animated works on the board before class or leave little notes on teachers desks that would read rude things one minute then nice things the next.
He delt with a lot of insecurity, so he acted out.
But his senior year of high school, a prank got him expelled.
All Atti had been thinking of that year was Samhain, but he needed to graduate high school first. So, he did the only thing he could think: after school work the entire year and summer classes.
After that, Atti lost a few friends. But he didn't care too much. The real ones understood. He might not have been a trouble maker anymore, but he was still him.
Personality: Atticus is quiet but sweet. He's shy until he gets to know someone, and the type to come out around friends. He usually goes along with whatever, being down for mostly whatever, but usually being the voice of reason. He doesn't like to get in trouble and generally fears authority.
He is also a hopeless romantic. He'll do corny stuff and write poems and bring flowers. He likes old fashioned stuff like that. He enjoys treating someone nice and making people smile, romantically or otherwise.
Appearance: standing at 6'5" Atti is no short man. He is built farley average. He runs and tries to keep in shape but he doesn't do much else. He isn't very defined but he has a nice shape to him.
His hair is soft and curly, about down to his mid back if he took it out of his sloppy bun. His skin is a dark molasses color, deep and rich brown. And his eyes are the color of honey. His brows are thick and bushy, but they frame his face well. A nose that was just a little too big lead down to full lips, surrounded by a little bit of facial hair.
Style wise, he dressed well. He didn't care as much as some but he wanted to look nice. He liked dressing up. Usually it was just a nice shirt and jeans, but he loved wearing overalls or crop tops to mix things up.
Job at the college: Atti works in the theater department, helping with scenery and set design.

Name: Leah Olhm

Major: Healing, more focused in on the healing and medicine for magical creatures

High school attended: Home-schooled

Magical awakening: One morning when getting up to take care of the animals on the farm, she realized she could understand the animals conversing with each other and could also speak with them herself.

Most powerful spell/ability: She can see through the eyes of animals who have bonded with her and have given their consent. It can only last for so long, 15 minutes max. She can't control where the animals go at all, that is up to them.

History: Leah grew up in Portland, OR with her mother who practiced magic regularly as a tattoo artist. They lived on a small farm about 30 minutes out of the city. She made better friends with the animals she took care of than the kids she went to school with. She went to public school for grade and junior high, but after bullying became unbearable her freshman year of high school, one of her mother's clients who was a retired teacher offered to help home school her. He wasn't a magic-user so her mother taught her magic as well. She helped her mother with luck and good health potions to infuse with the tattoo ink; however she know she wanted to do more than just this for the rest of her life. She became very involved with magic-users rights groups, and in turn found how mistreated magical creatures were as well. She gave speeches at many different movement events.

Personality: In school, Leah seems soft-spoken and shy. She tries to stay out of the way and study; however, she is the first to give an answer and is not afraid to stand up for what she believes. She goes out of her way to stand up for what is right, even if that means breaking the rules.

Appearance: Leah is 5'9". She's fairly slender, but as strong as she needs to be, seeing as she grew up on a farm. She has a fairly long-ish mohawk, falling mid-ear to one side. It is a dark black with streaks of white in it. She has rather pale skin, but plenty of freckles that dot across her nose and cheekbones.
She often wears clothes that give her more room to move around, often hiding her frame beneath it all.

Job at the college: She is a library assistant as it gives her more time to study.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom