Challenge Submission Within the Night

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Within the Night

Siryn

Wielder of the Mighty Pen
Local time
Today 4:28 AM
The hinges to the doors screamed as they were forced open. Icy air blasted into the darkness within. Heaving breaths exhaled hard and fast as the one who had intruded turned and shoved the doors closed. The sound of the heavy oak hitting the door frame as each side closed resounded through the void that surrounded him. The intruder braced himself against the wood, taking a moment to collect himself. Slowly, his breathing turned steady. Yet, a tremble that spread from his chest to his hands was the one thing he couldn't contain. He swallowed hard as he stood still against the door. Whatever he had just witnessed in the depths of the night would surely haunt him for the rest of his life. I should tell the police, he thought. Immediately after he chided himself. Would they even believe him? Just thinking of what he might say to them made him grimace. They would think he was crazy, at worst. At best they'd think he was drunk off his ass and making things up about what he saw.

Those fangs… Those claws… That thing tore into him as if he were butter.

"Is it customary not to announce one's presence these days?"

His sharp inhale at the cool, deep voice that echoed in the air was the only sound he made. Frozen against the door, he didn't dare to turn around. The presence behind him was suffocating. Whatever stood there in the darkness… it was not human. The cold presence of something far more sinister permeated the air. It sunk deep through his clothes and caressed his skin. The sensations that flooded him were followed by pin-pricks of ice. Dread pooled in his stomach. It took far too long to be able to breathe. The air left him in a heavy cough as if the one standing behind him had released him from a choke hold. Without looking, he lifted his shaking voice just enough so the one who spoke could hear him. "Please. Forgive me. I did not mean to intrude."

This place was supposed to be empty. It had stood here for years without so much as a peep of a window opening. Rumors of some vile creature living within circulated often through the small town, but no one believed it to be true.

"No? Then why barge into my home as you've done?" Foot steps echoed in the dark. The one residing within the mansion strode closer, each step purposeful and the chill of the air grew ever colder. "Or was it that something has chased you here?" The words were whispered, cool air flicking past his ear and causing him to shiver at the lowered tone.

"Please…"

"What's your name?"

"Isaac."

"Isaac. A lovely name. What is it you plan to do now, Isaac?" The man standing somewhere behind him shifted closer. The barest hint of a touch graced Isaac's left hip. He didn't dare to move still, closing his eyes tight. "You have two choices, as I see it," the tone of voice held a level of amusement that Isaac wasn't sure he enjoyed. The whispers against his ear sent chills crawling down his spine. "You can leave and test your fate against the creatures of the night. Or, you can stay."

Isaac swallowed hard. "What happens if I stay?" Because if I leave, I will surely meet the same fate as the other gentleman not but moments ago.

The hand that had grazed his side took hold firmly - painfully digging into his hip. He didn't stand a chance in resisting. His back hit the doors with a solid thud. Before him was a man shrouded in shadows. The softest glint of moonlight from a distant window lasted only long enough to give Isaac a quick view of the man's face. Rich blue eyes gazed at him. Handsome, sharp features were breathtaking. Isaac found he couldn't look away. The man in front of him stepped closer. Isaac swallowed at the pressure of the other's body against his. The man tilted his head a little, eyeing Isaac in amusement. He smiled. Cold fingers grasped Isaac's lower jaw and forced him to look up. Isaac's heart wrenched as he stared at the man who pinned him against the door. Fangs... he has fangs...

"Then you will entertain me for the night."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom