God help me, I do love it so.
- Local time
- Today 5:23 AM
- East Coast USA
Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to read my humble request page. I'm a veteran roleplayer of 10+ years looking for a small handful of talented and invested female partners to build worlds of awesome with.
(Don't end sentences with a preposition... with whom to build worlds of awesome!)
Okay, with my self-conscious writing correction out of the way...
I'm probably not compatible with many or most of the players in this forum... that said, I'm certainly not implying that I'm difficult to play with (ugh). On the contrary, I believe myself as very open and collaborative... however, my tastes and approach have been instilled upon my being by years of stubbornness and habit. When I do find the right partner, however, magic often happens, which is easily worth the pursuit. See below for a list of considerations:
- I savor the opportunity to write my own prompts. They usually involve an embellished sci-fi or fantasy-oriented backdrop, but rest assured that my ultimate goal is developing a chemistry between our characters. I'd describe my personal style as detailed and introspective without being tedious. My aim is efficiency while at the same time allowing some indulgence towards world-building. (I get an absolute kick when a partner dives into one of my prompts and runs with it... there's no quicker way to my heart. I'll also happily do the same with a partner's idea if it speaks to me.)
- The hanky panks. Like any red-blooded male of the species homo erectus, I like sex... a lot. I like thinking about it, talking about it, and partaking in it when the stars align. However, incorporating sexual acts into my creative pieces is a bit of a chore for me. My skill level hovers around average, and my mental library of descriptors is lacking in ways to insert object A into object B. I will invest and indulge myself when a narrative culminates towards the naked body tango, and I do quite enjoy when it feels spontaneous and natural. However, my interests lend themselves more towards sustained tension, teasing and being teased, keeping that fiery ache alive. Sometimes the journey is livelier than the destination, right? Gives me something to dwell upon at night.
- My taste in genre is kind of wide. I generally shy away from established properties in movies or video games... I find more satisfaction through building from the ground up without any pre-determined characters or story arcs. (There is one notable exception: I've been playing the hell out of Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon lately, so if any interested parties wanted to pursue a roleplay in that arena, I'd be hella interested.) See below for a list of genres that I really enjoy.
- I really don't have a general amount of text I adhere to for my posts. Sometimes it's a few paragraphs, sometimes it's two thousand words (or more)! I occasionally explore my character's past with time jumps, which supplies an added bit of lore and world-building that is difficult for me to achieve otherwise. I adore the feeling of writing a novel-esque work with my partner, so I try not to self-impose any limitations to how much I should write.
- I generally do not supply a face claim for my characters, as I have too much fun trying to portray my character's physical traits through the written word (hopefully fueling your imagination to do the rest). If asked nicely, however, I will see what I can do.
- Enlighten me! What sort of habits constitute your personal writing process? I think I'm a decent writer, but certainly not a natural one. I'm drawn to sculpted wordsmithing which has obviously infused with copious amounts of TLC (thought, liveliness, and craft). Often I find myself starting in the middle or the end of a narrative, making sure to fully utilize inspiration when it hits me. I'm not a grammar Nudnik (lord knows I occasionally make mistakes) but the fundamentals should be honored and applied.
6.1*** I also enjoy OOC communication with my partner to determine story arcs, plot progressions and changes of setting... sometimes that's just as fun as RP itself!
Genres that float my yacht:
- Science Fiction
- Any mixture of above
Hoo boy, I try to be somewhat succinct and just look at this mess now! There's a slew of prompts for you to explore beyond this introduction if you so choose. I'm also working on a few new entries behind the scenes, which could be helped to the finish line with the right collaborator:
The Groundsman: An unassuming, mute gardener in a world of magic and dragons discovers the scientific formula to neutralize the essence of manna and upend the nature of existence... your character is a royal family's servant quietly developing her own spell-casting abilities... who is either fascinated or horrified by the discovery, setting in motion an ethical dilemma of sorts: To change or not change the world?
The Hellbringer: Sorta inspired by Bloodstained... Two adventurers bound by oath set out to conquer their world's demon lords. Love naturally begins to stir between them, complicated by the promise of a curse's damnation... and the revelations of parallel lives. A literal castle of horrors awaits with its labyrinth towards the Demon King... but will their affections ultimately undermine the world's bid for freedom from the ultimate evil? Your character could be a huntress, sorceress, a demoness betrayer... whatever you like!
***I try to post at LEAST once a week per roleplay. Life does occasionally get in the way, but my habit is to keep my life's responsibilities lean in order to have plenty of time for my creative pursuits. My goal is now to be more responsive and open with my partners when things do come up. With the winter season now shifting towards the coldest and darkest days of the year, I'd like to find that warm magic once more...
***As far my ideal partner... feisty but ultimately submissive might be the best combination of traits. I like to earn my dominance with someone who won't make it easy for me.
A little about me: I'm a web designer living near the east coast waters of the US of A. I went to school for drawing and painting, and still do when I have time. My favorite musician is Devin Townsend, and my favorite author is Stephen King. Three movies I never get tired of watching are Jacob's Ladder, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Full Metal Jacket. I work out with my awesome trainer three times a week, and I don't drink or smoke. That's it for now!
If any of this resonates with you, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or comments you might have. I try to be prompt with responses to inquiries. Again, thanks so much for reading. Let's build worlds of words!