MxM Yi City Brainrot - A MDZS Search

Currently reading:
MxM Yi City Brainrot - A MDZS Search

Local time
Today 5:15 AM
Things to Note
I write however much is needed for the scene. I don't abide by stringent word counts and I don't expect you to, either. I'm fine with one-liners and small paragraphs if that's what's needed to move things along.

I'd prefer if we tried to avoid our characters performing a litany of actions in one post. I find that gets messy and confusing fast. It's also a good way to miss out on small, nuanced interactions that could very well drive further character or plot development. The exception: if our characters operate separately for a time and we're writing what they've gotten up to during that time.

Patience is a virtue! I can be slow!

I'm not currently interested in anything else; asking for things not related to this search will result in a no, thank you.

Due to the inherent nature of the Yi City Arc, here's a head's up for mentions of suicide.

By virtue of the site rules I likely don't need to include this stipulation but I will, anyway: please, for the love of whatever god(s) you hold dear, be 18+.

I'm fine with these things:
Grimdark; fluff; gore; eroguro; torture (physical + mental); rape; dubcon; consensual; unhealthy relationships; gaslighting; things along those lines. From horror to wholesome!

I'm not fine with these things:
Bathroom play; emetophilia; filthplay in general; feet kink; mpreg.

What I'm Lookin' For
Stories involving the Yi City Crew from Mo Dao Zu Shi / The Untamed / Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation / Chen Qing Ling.

I can write Xiao Xingchen or Xue Yang.

XueXiao Idea Bank
During the years of co-existence
Adjusting to their peculiar brand of domesticity, especially after it was clear that Xue Yang wasn't goin' anywhere.

Delving into those fun moments of deceit.

Exploring what, if anything, might have happened after the first time Xiao Xingchen left those candies for A-Qing and Xue Yang. It did change something, after all.

Cold winter nights.

Early reveals, whether by accident or design.

The What-Ifs
What if Xue Yang succeeded in bringing Xiao Xingchen back as a fierce corpse with a consciousness?--and everything that goes along with that. What would Xingchen's reaction be? I personally think it would be similar to the lifeless, hollow state Jiang Cheng went through after Lotus Pier fell and after it was discovered his Golden Core had been disintegrated. So, what would it take to get him out of that? Or would Xue Yang keep him completely mindless with those needles he uses? (But then, why bring him back?) Song Lan would still have Xiao Xingchen's eyes--so, would Xue Yang try to put 'em back 'where they belong'?

What if Xiao Xingchen failed to successfully kill himself? Be it due to the cut being too shallow, or due to Xue Yang's intervention, or some other reason.

What if Xue Yang somehow got hold of the instructions of the body sacrificing/soul transmigration array and forced someone to do it to bring Xingchen back? Bonus points: the unwillingly sacrificed wished for something that would be morally reprehensible to Xingchen. Like murder, or theft.

What if Xue Yang came across newly blind Xiao Xingchen at an earlier time than in canon?

AU
Modern Day -- College -- back when he was a Hall Monitor in high school, Xiao Xingchen would clash with the delinquent Xue Yang extremely often. Now that he's newly graduated and off to college, he's happy to be free of that particular thorn in his side. It's a fancy college off in one of the big cities picked out by his adoptive mother, necessitating him to move into a dorm room on-site, which is fine and dandy... Until the day comes to meet his roommate and it ends up being that very same thorn in his side that he'd been so happy to have been rid of.

Something Piratey - Infamous pirate captain Xue Yang catches wind of a rumor: a royal ship transporting "precious cargo" is due to set sail at such-and-such a time. Obviously he goes for it, thinking the cargo is what you'd expect a royal ship to be transporting--gold, jewels, rich people things... And well, yeah, that's true, but it's also had a prince on board: Xiao Xingchen, who had been on his way to get hitched.

Something Piratey*2 - Dread pirate cap'n Xue Yang has been pissing off pretty much everyone trying to do business or transport goods via the sea. Naval officer Xiao Xingchen is eventually tasked by Emperor-probably-Guangshan with capturing or killing the sea-dog.

Something Piratey*3 - Tasked by no one but his own want to take down a vile villain because it's the right thing to do, one Xiao Xingchen finds his way to a dingy pirate shanty when he hears that's where his target - meddlesome pirate captain Xue Yang - is going to be looking for new men for his crew. His plan: become part of that crew. Get close to Xue Yang. Capture, preferably, or kill Xue Yang.

D:BH wherein one or both are androids that may or may not be in Detroit a little before/during the events of the game. Maybe XXC is a blind man whose adoptive mother got him an android, XY, to assist him in his daily life. Maybe XY sees android XXC out doing errands one day and decides to steal him. Maybe they're both androids that end up trying to survive the chaos. Maybe something else, I dunno.

Modern AU. Wherein Xue Yang, allegedly notorious murderer, is technically cleared of all charges due to the key eye witness pulling a Chang Ping, courtesy of the obvious culprit that still needs the criminal's skillset. So, he's released, but with court-mandated therapy sessions which his benefactor pretty much forces him to attend, and his therapist ends up being Xiao Xingchen. Depending on how spicy we want to get, Xingchen could be involved with the lead cop/detective that put Xue Yang so temporarily behind bars - Song Lan, in this case - either as besties, work partners, or in a more romantic sense. Maybe he actively helped with the psychological profiling that assisted with catching Xue Yang, which may go on to become Xingchen trying to find a way to get him to incriminate himself during their sessions, patient confidentiality be damned, in the name of actual fucking justice. While Xue Yang might not know that this guy worked on catching him, after the first session and bitching about it, I could see Guangyao pointing it out.

Modern AU. Meet cute? One of them airdrops something stupid to the other's phone by accident which leads to them meeting and things go from there. That's it. That's the idea.

SongXiao Idea Bank
Pre-Baixue Temple Massacre
First meeting!

Exploring the time they spent travelling and night hunting together.

Late night conversations about the myriad possibilities held by the future; chats about their shared goals; etc.

Fresh-off-the-Mountain Xiao Xingchen adjusting to off-the-Mountain life with assistance, obviously, from Song Lan.

Post-Yi City
After time enough has passed for Song Lan to have put the pieces of Xiao Xingchen's soul together enough that it won't just dissipate into nothingness upon being subject to even the slightest of breezes: the adventures of a mute fierce corpse and his blind ghost friend, a peculiar duo that people just don't expect to see hunting down malicious entities and lending assistance to people in need.

Reunited besties/lovers comforting each other while they both try to piece themselves back together because, let's face it, they both went through Hell.

AUs
D:BH wherein one or both are androids that may or may not be in Detroit a little before/during the events of the game. Maybe XXC is a blind man whose adoptive mother got him an android, SL, to assist him in his daily life. Maybe SL is in therapy for his mysophobia and gets assigned an android, XXC, to help him along. Maybe they're both androids that end up trying to survive the chaos. Maybe something else, I dunno.

XueXian Idea Bank
Post-Yi City What Ifs
What if Xue Yang skipped the funny business and wasted no time in getting still-controlled Song Lan to KO and abduct Wei Wuxian before retreating with them to whatever hidey-hole he has on hand?

What if Xue Yang caught wind of the Yiling Laozu's return a little earlier and found him outside of Yi City? Still pretending to be Xiao Xingchen, maybe he joins up with Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji for shits and giggles while he devises a way to separate Wuxian from the Lan.

AU
Modern day paranormal investigators, probably neck-deep in the occult and necromancy (the kind you'd find IRL, not raising the dead 'n shit, sadly--unless...), that run a YouTube channel documenting their shenanigans and forays into haunted locations.

Those slapdash ideas aside--provided it's about the same pairings, I'm open to your ideas, as well!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom