Currently reading:
All → irin's workshop

Irin

Autistic · Handle With Care
Local time
Today 1:47 PM
Pronouns
She/Her

this place is anchored to past and future all the same.

• Greetings, and thank you for checking out my thread! My name is Irin, and I prefer She/Her or They/Them pronouns. I've been writing for around 8 years on and off at an intermediate level. I'm not exactly the best, but I'll still do what I can to make any writing projects or roleplays entertaining for both parties!

This is intended to be a somewhat comprehensive all-in-one guide to me, my interests, and what I can provide to you as a roleplay partner. If you would like to create a story or just spitball, please don't be afraid to send me a PM! I check this site every day, though sometimes I don't have enough energy to properly reply. Just be patient with me.

You can either send me a PM to figure out if you're interested, or you can reply to this thread. I don't mind, and I don't bite! Whatever you do, just be kind.

This thread will be updated over time! At this point, I've been writing for about 8-10 hours straight, I just want to get this published and review it tomorrow. For the moment, I think I've gone over most of it. I apologize if my writing is not perfect at the moment! I haven't finished any of my 3 settings, and I have 2 other plots that I need to get set up. Otherwise, I'm mostly in working order!
  • I mostly let my partner dictate response length. I have no issue with doing 1-3 paragraphs, though I may have some trouble with going above that. Please understand I'm just getting back into roleplay, I'm not going to be perfect.

Third Person, Present Tense is preferred for me. Sometimes I will slip up and write past tense, but if you let me know of my mistake, I will correct it. I'm most comfortable with present tense, but I will try my absolute best if you prefer Past tense.

I have no issue with long response times. I get it. Life gets in the way. A lot of the time I don't have the energy to muse or respond, and I know you likely don't either. That's okay! If you're patient with me, I'll be patient with you.
  • Sexual Stuff is, in most cases, a no. It depends on the person. I'm not usually interested in writing smut in any capacity, but if a roleplay seems to head that direction and I'm in the right headspace, I'll consider it so long as you properly ask me first. I'm extremely asexual, and I'm not comfortable with it unless both we (as partners and as friends) and our characters know each other well, and are comfortable with it. If you just push the roleplay into that territory without asking, I will get uncomfortable and probably instantly decompose.

Violence is a yes. I have no issue with violence, gore, major character death, or anything of that caliber as long as it remains separate from smut via approximately 3 brick walls, a chain link fence, and a plasma field.

Angst is a FUCK yes.
    Enough said. I love roleplaying out visceral hatred, disputes, breakups, makeups, and general soul-crushing content. If it's played straight, I will be very happy. Plus angst leads to the thickest storylines, and the best relationships.

Tropes
    Slow Burn
    Enemies to Lovers
    Friends to Enemies to Lovers
    Crime
    Necessary Evil

Low Fantasy/Modern Fantasy
    Sci-Fi
    Supernatural Grounded
    Drama

Characters being literally taken from their home universe and deposited into another (I've always been a huge fan of this idea.)

Normal characters being put in situations way out of their pay grade (Let's see how fucked they end up.)
  • If you get rude with me when I haven't done anything wrong/I don't understand what I did wrong, I will end our roleplay. So many people in the past have treated me more like a TV set than a roleplay partner, or even a person. I understand if I make a mistake or you've had a bad day, but please don't take your mood out on me. I'm just trying to have fun. If I do something wrong, let me know in a gentle manner as best you can.

Do not pressure me to do things. Discussion about why I don't like doing things, and ways we could work around it, is alright unless I give a flat no. Pressuring my characters is perfectly fine though so long as we discuss it beforehand.

Communication is VITAL for me! I'm autistic. Unambiguously. It harms my social interactions. Do not assume I know what you want without you outright saying it. I need proper communication in order to thrive in a roleplay.
  • Passive-Aggression/Anger directed at me OOC

Being forced/pressured OOC

Eye gore specifically

Sexual Assault

Extreme Self Harm/Explicit Suicide

Other things might come up as we discuss, I don't really have my head on straight so I'll add to this over time ^^

the voices of those who came before can reach through, in some places.

• I don't do fandom RPs with canon characters! Most of these are listed simply so we have a point of reference for similar communities we may be in. I'm not interested in homestuck-based roleplay, though I have absolutely no issue with just stealing assets from these fandoms. These are not listed to be settings, they are listed as spare parts. Take that how you will.

House MD (2004-2012)
    Terraria's Calamity Mod
    ULTRAKILL/Dante's Inferno
    Fallout/Other Post-Apocalypse Settings
    Cyberpunk

Sleepy Hollow (2013-2017)
    The Stanley Parable
    Factorio
    Homestuck
  • Irin's Table

Lila - 20 year old charismatic blind woman, no special attributes, she's just kinda vibing :)
    Eve - 20+ year old living weapon, incredibly cybernetic, and probably not interested in talking unless forced to.

I am fine with making characters specifically for settings!
  • Not musing as any currently, come back later!
  • Sorry, I haven't quite completed all of these tabs, but I'm open to pretty much any setting as long as we discuss it!
    Modern - Modified
    I've always been one to enjoy modern settings, with various twists. As such, I'll be down to discuss anything of that caliber, including but not limited to Magic being extremely rare and unknown, outlawed, or otherwise frowned upon, underground societies uncovering dark magic that proceeds to fuck EVERYTHING up, or massive technological advancements that approximate magic.

Modern settings are most familiar for me due to me growing up, you guessed it, in the modern age. I'm most comfortable writing in modern/modified modern settings since it's just what I'm familiar with, though I do like other settings.

Placeholder 2
    Come back soon, I have an idea for this, I just haven't properly workshopped it yet. :)

Placeholder 3
    Come back soon, I have an idea for this, I just haven't properly workshopped it yet. :)
  • Blank Slate - Future Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Universe Fuckery, Massive Angst, Fluff
    Try as you might to drag your mind away from it, you failed. You failed the ones you care about, and you failed your timeline. Now, all that's left is to wait.

Sitting alone in the cockpit of your mothership, silent and empty, you reflect on all of your mistakes, watching as reality itself rips at the seams through your HUD. Endless inky void splits into brilliant white, streaking across the sky and webbing out to cover the expanse of nothingness in a true void- the blend of nothing and everything that resides when clocks lose all foothold in a universe. With a final sigh of resigned disappointment, you gently tap the controls, rotating your ship to align perfectly with a crack, and with a final apology to the shreds of your home, you jet forward in search of what comes next.

It turns out, of course, that next chapter is an entirely new universe, only accessible via the settling cracks of a universe.

Who will this character meet in the new universe? How will their relationships develop? How will they heal from their home being irreversibly erased?

Also known as: A captain ends up in a different universe, playing by different rules.

This idea is intended to be a more long-term plot, but I'm open to interpretation.

First Second Of Eternity - Modern Fantasy, Massive Angst, Fluff/Romance
    You never cared much for anyone. People come and go, whether leaving of their own accord or simply because their lifespans are infinitesimal compared to yours.

That's not to say you didn't try, though. Time after time, you hoped for a cure for your condition- that maybe, just maybe, the gods would allow you to die alongside your partner. You never did. Lifetime after lifetime, you lost everything you cared about. Some identities, you lived as a king who raised a kingdom from sand and dust. Others you played the villain, crushing your enemies underfoot without so much as a second thought.

So when you met someone who is just a little too familiar, almost as if you'd met before in a distant lifetime, you couldn't help but be a little anxious.

Is companionship enough to stay the hand of your sins?

Also known as: An immortal meets another immortal and proceeds to start crying.

This idea is intended to be a more long-term plot, but I'm open to interpretation.

they know you're here. don't keep them waiting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom