All 0/5 The World of Caldeara (Homebrew D&D Planet, ALIENS GALORE)

Currently reading:
All 0/5 The World of Caldeara (Homebrew D&D Planet, ALIENS GALORE)

Mikaela Corvid

Cuntess
Staff member
Herald
Dungeon Master
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:41 PM
Hello! The world in question can be found [here.]

I found that while creating some of the base races and Empires/Kingdoms/Tribes, that it was missing something very much.

People. Not just NPCs.

With that said, take a moment to see what I have worked up, then come back and read the rest of this post.

Looks good right? Khunera was the base inspiration, an Arabic flavored Empire and race, something kind of draconic in nature as well. It's great! And I have so many ideas for them too! With that said, I was inspired to create more races, and I really REALLY like what I have so far.

My proposition is thus.

Join me as I lead you through this world, and we explore all the cities and races and their inspired cultures! Or help me create cultures! I am always open to additions and amendments! Hit me with your ideas and lets see if we can make it all work!

I am looking for 5 adventurers who being with one of the already established races, or one of your own. The only catch is I will need species/race information so that I can add it to the world! Sounds pretty sweet right? My only only request. No Earth anything. Aliens only. I have made Trimars as the established "Human" race. They are young, so you would be able to create your own legacy! This will be an evolving world, and what I mean is that once our Campaign is done, the history of said campaign will be annotated in a "Hero/Villain" tab, and any historical events added to each cities' descriptions. This means if you burn down an orphanage, You will leave a lasting impression on the city or town you attacked. So much good can happen, and so much bad, BUT when we are done, I will open another campaign, using the history as it stands from the last campaign. That means everything is going to be permanent. SO think carefully.

If you've read this far, and you are still interested, please read on for some rules and a quick application. (Please DM these to me so I can look them over and add them to the world's character list)
Rules:
1. If you cannot dedicate at least one response a week, or if you find you can no LONGER continue to dedicate 1 post a week, then do me the favor either don't apply or let me know you have to step out. This is because I will HAVE to write characters out. Your character will become an NPC in this world and they will stay there. (Probably as a merchant or shopkeep, farmer, etc) So please, think carefully about what you can and cannot agree to.
2. I know this site has it's rules about Sex and such. We will all agree to ONLY effect ourselves, inanimate objects, and leave the NPCs to me, and the characters effects to whomever writes them. That means, NO Godmodding.
3. I will not stand for a graphic rape scene of another person's character W/O permission. Uptamptra, the god of Dracens will smite you where you stand, and your stoney corpse will become a statue for all to see. I am the Goddess here. I will remove people who do not abide this rule. Sex is fine, but throw a blanket over it so that other players won't be uncomfortable.
4. LGBTQ+ friendly. Everyone is allowed to play what they wish. Trans Trimar? Awesome. Asexual Raithe? Cool beans. You do you boo. <3
5. Do not railroad people. I will do my best to avoid this. I want this to be a sandbox arena with quest lines available if people do the work to follow them. Everything you do in Caldeara will have a cause and effect. Everyone you meet will likely need help, have a racial bias against others, or have something to do with the story progressing. Remember, the world, while written old, is still "new" and everything we write will mold the world.
6. Be literate. Use spell check, avoid incorrect synonyms, try to use proper grammar. I know the names are a bit.... difficult, do your best with that part please.
7. I have the last say. There can't be a rules lawyer if there isn't any real gameplay rules.
8. Keep your character from being over powered.
9. As far as magic goes, you can create a magical character, but understand that in this world (I know I haven't written it yet) magic is highly frowned upon because it is not fully understood. Magic will need something in order to work. The planet has ley lines, so a connection will work, or you can use magic from the life around you. Trees, rabbits, frogs can be easily had components, or precious gems or metals can also work. You can choose how to flavor the magic but there has to be an equal trade. So keep that in mind. And for the most part, the layman fears magic, so you'll have to downplay it.
10. DM me with the following sheet, add as much or little as you want, but please please please have a good paragraph or two of History for your character. If you create a new race, I need details for that as well. Colorations, types, examples, reproduction etc. etc.

Name:
Gender/Preferences:
Picture: (Optional)
Personality:
History:

Also. sidenote:
If you create a city, let me know and I will add it to the map!!! <3

Positions: 0/5

Last edited:
Hello, I am interested in the world you have created. I have rolled Trimar as my race, so I will be creating a draft for a Trimar(ian). I will be editing my ideas and character sheet into this post.

Ideas (possibly introducing some new elements into your world):

• Rite of the Hunters: This rite is reserved for the young Trimar(ians) with newly awakened abilities that are joining the hunters. Each fledgling hunter is partnered with a gatherer to journey into the [undecided vocabulary] in order to hone their sight. One of their goals is to hunt a(n) [undecided vocabulary], a creature with similar ability of foresight; the other is to assist the gatherer with their missions.

• Rite of the Gatherers: A rite for the young Trimar(ians) joining the gatherers. They are paired with a hunter. Their primary goal is to seek the [undecided vocabulary], a potent and useful flower that withers and loses its property when approached by a Trimar(ian).
Please re-read the rules.

Back
Top Bottom