Both Needed 3 Projects Chosen By Vote! (Poll Now Closed, Applicants Still Welcome)

Currently reading:
Both Needed 3 Projects Chosen By Vote! (Poll Now Closed, Applicants Still Welcome)

Which three ideas appeal to you the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mmm, I think that that's a bit much. Also, it constricts a lot of other people from playing who they want. Like, maybe someone wants to play someone older? I do however, like Cheshire's idea of having them all live together, kinda like the whole "Friends" ordeal but without the punchlines.
They could all have gone through the same academy but graduated at different times. Cheshire needs teachers anywho.

So to be more specific... I like the fire skin shield idea... like anything that touches her skin when power is active just gets singed/melted/vaporized. That's hot! And throw fire balls combined with martial arts. Yea yea.

Uhmmm NPCs?

Love the powers, and it gives room for improvement as the characters go through greater challenges, like, she can learn more moves, learn to extend her flames away from her body to greater effect, greater control, things like that.

NPCs work well in theory, but it's hard to maintain a consistent feel from them while being written by multiple people. I also feel like ... the idea of there being an academy that trains heroes is a very Utopian kind of ideal. It removes the idea of like ... the world struggling to accept non-and-meta humans, the recentness of the development of superpowers, a global acceptance of vigilantism. I want there to be a sense of urgency, of like ... humanity NEEDS superheroes, because it just lost the only thing keeping a new era's threats under control and at-bay. I want a gritty/realistic/dark feel instead of the idealized clash of traditional good V traditional evil.

Wait, I don't need teachers! The like ... rallying call would be from ... like ... the UN security council or something :p

Here's my submission. Loren, an electrokinetic.
Loren can control electronic impulses from those moving in devices and power cables to even the body. She developed these powers after a freak electrical storm near her hometown in (some western state of the US). Since then, she can influence the strength and speed of electric currents. Her body's cells were altered, allowing her to function sort of like a capacitor. She's immune to electric shock and can event create light by ionizing air.

Traits
  • Uncertain about her own powers and place in the world, over compensated with an abundance of bubbly attitude and smiles.
  • Laughs easily at jokes and is also bad at delivering them. Loves puns.
  • Rather physically weak, often slacks on cardio.
  • Not good with electronics...
  • Easily distracted.
  • Blonde hair, greenish eyes, 5'6", (debating on weight, actually considering her being self-conscious about her weight and not typical for super heroes, especially any starting out)
  • Has seizures induced by eating too little.
Powers
  • Can manipulate electrical currents in objects and people.
  • Cannot create a current where one does not exist but can bridge open circuits about the length of her arm span.
  • Does not actually throw lightning from her fingers, but is immune to it, so she could take a strong current and direct it in a direction.
  • Can detect electrical currents at a distance and determine electrical properties.
  • Her body can serve as a large super capacitor.

--More to come--

And a sort of experienced hero that's pretty powerful and creative with his particular talent.
Vaughn is an older man, rough around just about every edge, a biker and frequent drunk. He's been a "hero" for a while, though he rarely fit the title. He mostly came out to help other heroes when it threatened his own livelihood... usually the world at that point. He's powerful but not as powerful as some of the other heroes that vanished. He's 56 years old, 6'1 and 340 lbs. His ability to manipulate metal was first used for selfish and greedy reasons, turning metals into gold, uranium. After being arrested and serving time for bringing down a building and potentially destabilizing the gold market, he was recruited to help combat villains. His turn of heart came around after he was rescued by another hero, a young girl who died saving him. He seeks to do better because of it.

Powers
* Can mentally shape metal into many forms by touching it, from tools to working engines and toasters, as long as all parts are metal. Can't create something as complex as a CPU, but can sure fuck one up.
* Change properties of metal, such as the kind of metal it is, densities and such, though he still is limited ultimately by the mass of the starting material.
* Can manipulate energy along metals to heat something up or rapidly cool it off.

Examples:
* Can fire projectiles by creating a very tense coil inside a tube. Typically uses melee weapons that can rapidly extend to catch enemies off guard, such as a polearm or a chain to ensnare targets.
* Frequently converts his motorcycle into a 10-foot powered armor suit.
* Touched a railroad line and located a train several miles away, brought it to a stop and turned it into a nigh-impenetrable cell in order to capture a target. Had to get directions as to which train... guessed wrong a few times. Ended up having to apologize to a bunch of other passengers too. "People still ride trains?"
* Brought down a building by weakening it's steel structure, but left the steel structure in place afterwards. This was the incident that got him arrested.
* Once created a kind of katamari of metal, pulling up cars and streetlights, turning it into an 80-foot humanoid/mech with a 40-foot superheated metal sword in order to battle a superbeast. "Fuck-yeah!"

Last edited:
Uh, is there any set age range for the characters? Also, is this going to take place in an already existing location? Currently conjuring up a character if you couldn't already tell.

I'm holding a little off on age, atm. Considering young, though, given inexperience but could just have inexperience with Loren's powers. Not fully sold on her name, but I usually go with gut for something like that and it'll end up sticking and I can't change it after that.

I wouldn't mind playing multiple heroes and have a mentor-like character.

@Is it Amy? I like her!

I'm planning on making kind of a super-girl, captain marvel, green lantern rip-off. She's an alien girl from a planet of being with the ability to absorb energy into their bodies, and project it in a variety of ways. She'll start out being able to fly, shield herself, and blast things, but she'll grow into being able to make complicated hard-light shapes, move at hyper-speed, and regenerate her body.

Also, as to the question of age, you can be however old you like, I'm planning on playing a younger character who is 18, and still learning to use her powers. It's just the easiest way to explain her getting more powerful as the RP progresses :p

As for powers, I kinda wanted to mix it up a little. But I'm also kinda worried that my power can develop and become too god-like.

Okay so, my character (haven't decided on anything else but the power at this point) can do this thing called mental projection. Anyway, it's the ability to project thoughts, emotions and consciousness into reality (creating allusions/mirages and even objects when trained well enough). This mainly happens with the person's own mind content but I was thinking that further down the line, they'd be able to use their assailants as well as more of a distraction than anything.

I'm thinking of making a Mage/sorcerer/warlock type character. Think John Constantine meets Dr Strange. Even though, I guess that would probably just be Zatanna. Well, anyway, I want a character with an Occult/Mystical feel to it.

@Robbie Aldridge If you wanted to take more of the light-projection, green lantern type power, I could do something else. I've been toying around with a lot of ideas, and this might be a good reason to challenge myself ^_^
I wanna try and stick to my original powers for now, and just dial it down a bit with something like the character's own conflicting thoughts/ inability to focus well enough under pressure.

I'm still keen. Just need to decide on what my limitations are. I prefer the more subtle but dangerous powers. Only use them when I really have to.

@DawnsEarlyLight the Superhero RP and the Post Apocalyptic are both up and running if you look.in Unfinished Tales, this is where open Rp's are.

If you were interested just pop into the OOC and introduce yourself. Read the info on the first page of the OC and the actual thread then submit your character to the OC

That's how it works for these ones.

Alot of the others in Unfinished Tales are just walk ins or PM the Original poster.

Back
Top Bottom