Both Needed 3 Projects Chosen By Vote! (Poll Now Closed, Applicants Still Welcome)

Currently reading:
Both Needed 3 Projects Chosen By Vote! (Poll Now Closed, Applicants Still Welcome)

Which three ideas appeal to you the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheshire Cat

Queen of the Parliament of Cats
Local time
Today 2:42 AM
Announcement!
We have our winners!
The Big Chill - The Apocalyptic RP
Help Me, I'm Hungry - The Vampire RP (Warning, reading ahead)
Chaos Comes Calling - The Superhero RP!

~~~~~~~~~

Soooo ... it's a new year, and I've been craving a new project or two. Since I've yet to have a group project take off successfully, I've decided to focus my efforts into satisfying my craving for something big, meaty ... juicy. I want something that involves every player in shaping and expanding on the whole, something that grows and changes with its characters. So, since I've clearly been sitting here thinking about it for a while, and you're interested enough to not only take a look, but read this far, scroll a little further, and tell me if anything looks interesting.
NOTE! These RPs would NOT be smut-centric, but WOULD be smut-friendly.
ALSO! Remember you get three votes!

Vampire: The Requiem RP - Welcome to Seattle; largest city in the Pacific Northwest. A shining gem of tourism, enterprise, and technological achievement. Humans flock to the city of its amazing restaurants, its lucrative corporate employment opportunities, and its thriving night life. Beneath the surface, however, there is a war being fought. A battle for control, a battle between ancient enemies, between ideals and philosophies, between the old and the new. Werewolves stalk the woods, the parks, the forests, mages hide in their towers and libraries and bastions, demons flicker among the shadows, but this ... this is the story of the Kindred, of the Vampire. This ... is your story.

Superhero RP (Villains AND Heroes wanted) - By 2025, the percentage of non-traditional humanoids on our planet swelled to 40%, be they mutant, alien, or something else. There were many factors; the rampant increase of man-made chemicals and radiation in the environment, the arrival of extra-terrestrial beings, breakthroughs in the manipulation of the human genome, and the emergence of ancient forces long thought to be things of legend and mystery, and new technologies bordering on the magical. It has never been easier to be superhuman, whatever a person's motivations. As one could imagine, we are now experiencing the growing pains of this massive population shift; riots, super-crime, and the emergence of masked vigilantes calling themselves heroes. Who will you be in this brave new world?

Street Vigilante RP - The growing inequality between the haves and the have left the average person struggling to make ends meet in a world where your value is determined by the size of your account balances. Most people break in one way or another ... they drink, they sleep around, they spend their weekends in technicolour underground dance clubs pumping themselves full of bathtub pharma. Crime runs rampant in the face of underfunded, undermanned public police institutions, and it's generally accepted that you have to protect yourself, or you get what naive people have coming. Callousness and selfishness are the state religion, and the spark of human life dims more every passing day ... so, what are you going to do about it?

Mental Institution RP - We don't know why we're here, the doctors just say we're here to get better. They won't say what that means. I've spoken with a few of the others, and it's always the same ... we can't remember where we came from, where we were before, what it looked like or sounded like ... we can't remember. The drugs they give us make me feel strange, like there's a wall of clear glass between me and the world ... like I'm dead inside. It makes me want to stare at things, makes me want to follow orders, makes me want to obey ... but I don't want to obey. Something is wrong here. When they talk to us, they talk in circles. When we ask too many questions, they take us to therapy ... re-orient our outlook, as they say. Sometimes I see them talking, see them pointing at us, see them nodding and smiling ... something is wrong here, but what?

A Modern Dystopia RP - It happened just a year ago. The explosions in the capital were likely responsible for the mass-panic, but what we got from it was the Vitalis Party. Martial Law, xenophobic, anti-egalitarian, zealous, bigoted ... they told us to be afraid of everything and everyone, and it worked. Their first act was martial law. Then came the changes to the constitution, to the law ... women couldn't vote, couldn't hold funds or own possessions ... visible minorities had to register with the newly formed office of ethnic affairs, moved into 'cultural blocks,' with limited access to the rest of society. A state religion was founded, while LGBTQ activity was labelled dissidence, and outlawed. Debt could lead to abduction from your home, literal slavery ... but at least we're safe, right? We must be, with the military patrolling the streets at night, the police showing up in their sleek black SUVs to drag people off into the night, the distant pop of single gunshots announcing that righteousness has prevailed. Welcome to Utopia, my friend ... line up against the wall and empty your pockets.

A Martian Dystopia RP - We came here hoping for something better, something wonderful in the wake of tragedy. A dead comet had destroyed the earth, destroyed the 40% of the population that couldn't fit onto the colony ships, the ones not selected by the lottery. It destroyed everything we knew and held dear ... terra firma, crushed into dust. Mars was the only option. The only place close enough, the only place that might be made habitable with existing technologies. We were kept on ice until the first habitats were finished. We were expecting a world of tomorrow ... what we got was a technologically sophisticated super-slum with corporate sponsorship covering every inch of space. Anyone with the money lives in the towers, the luxurious complexes where they clearly filmed the PSAs ... but the rest of us, we live in the crowded, dirty, chaotic sprawl, tiny homes packed full and stacked 500 units tall. Resources are scarce, life is hard, and a lot of people don't make it ... but some people aren't ready to just accept the way things are. Some people figure if they don't have anything ... what do they have to lose?

Post-Apocalyptic RP - Well, it happened, the world ended. 85% of life on the planet died. The Big Freeze, they called it ... guess it sounded less I-told-you-so as the new ice age. While it was probably the actual cold that killed half the human population, and most of the wildlife, frozen vortexes flash-freezing whole areas in seconds, it was the breakdown of infrastructure that killed off the large cities, the places you could still find some warmth. Now we eke out a life however we can, making our homes underground, where the dirt is still warm, scavenge for usable good, for resources, sure never to stay out past nightfall, to keep an ear out for the signals; Enemy, Vortex, or Radiation. Now we keep close to the fires, to the heaters, to one another, with the cold at our backs, and a bleak future ahead, will the spark of humanity survive the bitter cold?​

Last edited:
Now, I'm going to give it a few days for the votes and interest to roll in, but I think we're all seeing a clear favourite. HUSH to those who HAVE voted, and DO IT to anyone who hasn't :p

EDIT: By HUSH, i just mean don't mention what projects are in the lead.

Last edited:
I'm in. Vampire the Requiem is a White Wolf game, right?

Yes, it's from the second publication run. The first series, with Vampire The Masquerade was called World of Darkness. The second, which we would be using, is called Chronicles of Darkness. Mind you, we won't be using rolling, but we are going to take some of the character creation guidelines from the rulesets ... like, people will have to pick disciplines, etc :p Nothing you'd need a rulebook for, but something to ground characters in the setting ^_^

And... What's to say, since Vampires are tainted with the Wyrm, that I couldn't play a Black Spiral Dancer trying to infiltrate?

Actually, the Black Spiral Dancers are from WoD, the first continuity. So you'd have to find something in Werewolf the Forsaken (Yes, WtF XD ) if you wanted to play a wolf. It's just that, by including the Black Spiral Dancers from WtA, we would need to carry over all the pages and pages of required lore for character creation, basically barring new players from being werewolves unless they want to trudge through hours of reading and referencing. We want the introduction to be pretty easy for people to pick up, even if unfamiliar with the setting, and having a history that stretches back to ancient times is just ... it's too much >,<

EDIT: @AmberBlyledge If it makes you feel better, I'm sad that Malkavians aren't in the picture anymore -_-

I'm a WoD lore nerd!! :D Played nearly all editions and have a good amount of books in the WoD universe, mostly VTM/Dark Ages.

@TheJackal *Steeples her fingers, hiding behind them slightly as sweat begins to form on her forehead* But, master, the edition AFTER WoD, CoD, is much easier for newbies to join in on.

Fair enough but if say... I wanted to RP with my lovely naughty Cat, we would go all classic. After all, it's the best!!

@Nyx *Turns up her nose* Well, you WOULD find it exciting ... if you were cultured

Naw, I'm kidding. Besides, I'm doing three new projects, vampire is just one of the many options on the board. I have a secret favourite up there too, but I'm trying not to sway the vote!

Lol, crinkly old blood suckers aside You some great ideas there CC i would really like to see a group piece get off the ground. Keep my fingers crossed for Ya.

@Nyx Thank you! And you shoult vote! Maybe Vigilantes or superheroes or one of the more action-packed selections will end up as one of the three that I turn into active RPs. Alternatively, make an action packed character :p Either way, good luck to you too dear ^_^

*Reads back over various posts again* BESIDES, THE NEW VERSIONS ARE MORE LIVELY! NEW VERSIONS PEOPLE! *Flails about, obviously distressed* We all need to be open to New things (#^-^#)

Reactions: Nyx
Yeah I threw a couple in there just for good measure. Guess we will see if there are any original thinkers out there. ;)
All the best luv.
Nyx

Back
Top Bottom