Currently reading:
Unspecified A Niche Idea to Ease Myself Back Into Writing

Indoraptor

#SinktheYacht
Local time
Today 10:26 PM
Pronouns
he/him/his
After a rather difficult event in my life recently, I lost my will to write anything. However, I want to get back into it. Right now I'm looking for what I can only describe as "comfort writing"—genres and ideas that make me happy to write about, especially if it's something I know well. It's weird, but I'm really fixated on a few ideas only right now. In particular, what I'm looking for right now is a post-apocalyptic setting inspired by the Footprints of Thunder series.

The fabric of space-time folded in on itself, bringing prehistoric creatures and parts of their world into the modern world. However, this also brought diseases that mankind was never prepared for, and in the span of a few decades, humanity was whittled down to small populations scattered across the world. In this new world, surviving outside the walls of settlements is difficult, and those who do are seen as strange and eccentric.

In terms of dinosaur knowledge, none is necessary, as I will handle that aspect of the RP. However, I want the dinosaurs to be as up to date as possible, with some liberties taken for rule of cool/rule of scary, or as a little nod to media. For example, if a large dromaeosaur is encountered, it won't be a big, scaly Velociraptor, but a feathered predator like Utahraptor.

In terms of content, I want the story to balance survival in a harsh world with character interaction. Think of it as a way to educate a little while telling a good story.

I like the idea of a romantic subplot, but it's not necessary. As far as pairings go, I prefer FxM (with me as M) and FxF.

If this sound like something you'd be willing to try out, send me a PM! I'd love to brainstorm ideas.

Back
Top Bottom