Currently reading:
MxF A prompt for Red vs. Blue and a prompt for Halo.

Local time
Today 2:41 PM
Chex Mix

Hey! I'm a Tex looking for a Church.

The version of Tex that I want to play comes from this very complicated "Regular Earth" AU that my sister and I created. It started as a fanfiction about Doc as a photographer and Donut as his muse. Now, it's a soap opera with five different plots.

In this AU, Tex is not Allison. Allison Church is still technically alive; she's just unresponsive. Tex is a biker chick who's never in town for long. Her parents were nomadic, and she inherited that lifestyle. The most permanent home she ever knew was a camper/RV. Her parents gave her a motorcycle for her eighteenth birthday, kissed her goodbye, and never saw her again. They're still on good terms, but they're nomads, and she's a nomad, so the odds of running into one another are very slim.

Church, as my sister and I have established him, is a rich kid. Private school, walk-in closet, home theater, all that jazz. Which makes sense when one of your parents has military prestige and the other a doctorate. So, he's living in a white-picket castle in the clouds when Tex shows up. They lock eyes across the room, we get that classic anime background (lol), and then Tex's visits to this town get more frequent.

I can give you more information about this AU if you want, or we could air-lift this Tex to another setting. Whatever floats your goat.

Master Chief to the bridge

Help! I need a big green boy, stat!

Fair warning: I haven't finished CE yet, and I'm a little wary of spoilers, but I understand the gist of the story.

I want to play a regular marine who ends up on more than one mission with this walking tank so that she can add "hear John laugh" to her bucket list. I also have an idea that would turn this into a tragedy, but we don't have to go down that route.

As for PFC Lydia Montgomery, she's just very excited. This whole war is fun. She can't wait to get into a firefight and take down some aliens. Looting is another plus. "Look at this cool alien artifact. I have no idea what it does, but it's in my pocket now." It's like she's on vacation, a vacation with death.

~ But before you respond, I have a couple of things I want you to understand. ~
  1. Quality over quantity.
Brevity is the soul of wit, and I'm a very witty person. Sometimes I'll be struck with genius and write a four-paragraph post. Other times a line of dialogue is all the story needs. "Quality" includes things like typos, spelling errors, and grammatical mistakes. But I'll overlook those if the characters and plot are engaging. Yes, we're not writing a book, but we are writing a story. I'd like it to be a story that I can read.
  1. "Yes, and"
Roleplay is the fusion of fanfiction and improv. And the number one rule in improv is "yes, and" I will roll with what you give me if you roll with what I give you.
  1. I am not my character.
Sometimes my character is a jerk. Sometimes I'm a jerk. But rarely do the two times coincide. Try to remember who is saying what to whom.

If you understand those three things, let's play!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luc
Back
Top Bottom