Any DC writers out there?

Currently reading:
Any DC writers out there?

I mean, I don't want to limit anyone to who they can play, they can play whoever they like, but I think I like Gotham-based characters more...like I don't know if Superman or Wonder Woman would fit into the world BUT I wouldn't have any problems accepted them if we could make them work :D. I really do like the Suicide Squad vibe though, I think it would be easier to base around a particular world instead of trying to bring them all together.

I love the Love Triangle thing, and we could use it as a base to set things and bring in other plots and such around it to expand the storyline. I'm all ears for everyone's ideas, I'm completely easy, I am just glad that someone at least wanted to write with me!

Also @Sanity43217 go ahead and use them! I loved the vibe between Harley and Deadshot in the movie, although I know the comic is slightly different (In the fact they actually sleep together) but if you want to try someone completely different then go for it :D <3

I'm so excited for this!

So, how are we gonna do this?

I've been trying to think, but we might have to kind of ... shuffle the character deck. The problems I keep running up against are as follows;
1) Joker's only interest is clashing with Batman, and nothing makes him do anything else.
2) Depending on the publication, Ivy's motivations are limited to destroying all of humanity, and being Harley's girlfriend/kind of maybe empathizing with those stupid humans.
3) Deadshot is in prison, if he isn't in prison, he's retired, and the only reason he picks up his gun-gauntlet thing is because Waller is threatening his daughter. Daughter this, daughter that.

Harley is fine ... she's a super dynamic character in terms of her development over the years :p

So, Deadshot works for a by-the-books Suicide Squad plot, but Joker and Ivy don't. Joker could be more workable as an anti-hero if Batman has disappeared. In the past, he's become a very ... not great hero in an attempt to cope with his nemesis being gone. Deadshot's daughter could easily be threatened again, and Ivy could be at the point in her development where her love for Harley has reawakened some of her empathy for humanity.

Hmm you're right, I feel to make the story move forward we really do need a Batman. It would push Joker to do something exciting to write about and start off the plot with something to work with. You're right about Ivy too, her feelings for Harley do put a damper on her wanting to destroy all humanity, but if Joker is still around and got some power over Harley then it can make it difficult, but not impossible. I wouldn't like to make Ivy's writer have nothing to really write about if she doesn't have Harley.

I completely forgot that Deadshot was retired, so if anything were to be written during his "prime" then the time line would have to go back, which makes it a little difficult to pursue our other plots. His daughter could be threatened again but I don't really see Waller doing that for a second time, it doesn't seem like her "style".

Man, this is harder than I thought it would be haha

Stupid canon >,<

I dunno ... we could wave off canon and just roll with it ... or twist some canon into a shape ... or just make OCs like the characters we want, but with a tweak;

Like, do a batman beyond thing and have it set as the new generation of gothamites, so like ... Deadshot begrudgingly took on an apprentice, Harley's daughter grew up just like mommy, There's a Joker copycat in town ... it tones down some of the conflicting character stuff without all the problems of making young versions of canons ... maybe ... am I overthinking this a bit?!

*twiddles thumbs* just throw a shoe at me.

I think we could do that. I would still try to pull a Heath Ledger Joker type though. I can write that one better than the others.

That does sound good, although I know myself and @DaringCat would like to write Canon, but I do get it becomes complicated. Also, don't worry about throwing out plot ideas, that's what we're here for :).

The beyond Batman thing sounds cool though, but I'd need some work to think up a character haha.

The beyond idea could be interesting. Depends how far ahead we want to go. Preferably far enough that our OCs are now independent, and no longer have to lean on their parents/mentors.
I'm thinking then making my character a love child of Jason Todd who decided to take up the Red Hood mantle. Maybe because his dad reluctantly took up the Bat Mantle.
The only thing is I'm not sure who to make his Mother. With such possibilities as Talia Al'Ghul, Star Fire, Donna Troy, Huntress or someone who didn't even have a Canon relationship with Jason.

Talia and Jay boinking is Canon. So if I went with that, Damian Wayne would be "uncle" and brother. Bat fan if weird.

Sorry I haven't replied yet! I am quite busy these days and I'm a little stuck with how to do this now xD. Are we doing next gen Gotham instead?

Sorry for slow Communication!

Sorryyy! Work has been so hectic and is have no space left in my brain afterward haha.

I did have an urge to play Harley but I'll find that someplace else if you all wanna do something completely different. If you want to play like a next gen Gotham then I can look around and pick someone up, or make my own OC, it's all good :D.

I don't have much input, I just really wanted to start something up with someone haha, I'm just glad people are willing to write with me :)

*Shurgs* I'm hesitant to provide ideas, because I feel like my railroading has made people hesitant to participate in the discussion, and the RP T-T

Where you guys at, head-wise?

If everyone just wants to get to making characters, we could just shove together an AU, it's not like DC as a publisher is very faithful to what's already been written :p
I would suggest;
-A generation ahead of the Batman era we're used to, a new generations of heroes and villains walk the streets, including a new Suicide Squad, under the direction of Waller's daughter. The team is led by (Insert either Harley, or a Harley inspired character), who (reason for wanting to redeem herself/for being manipulated into working for Waller, something something).
-Bruce is dead. Jason has taken up the mantle (as Sanity said ^_^) of Batman, but Joker can tell. He knows the real Batman isn't the one wearing the cowl, and with his super-intellect, it doesn't take long for him to realize the truth; Batman is dead. Joker suffers a mental breakdown at the loss of his reason for being, and starts threatening and coercing criminals into joining his new super-hero team. Of course, they don't have any qualms about lethal force ...
-Something something Flashpoint.

@Captain Kincaid
@Sanity43217
@DaringCat

I like all this, I'm totally up for making AN OC but it may take some time to make one, not that we're in any rush!

As the comics have their own alternate universes there's no reason why we can't make another one, but I do like the idea of basing it in the future so Batman and others exist, or have existed.

You are good at putting things together, I'm still new here and I'm just getting the hang of everyone and everything so thank you for this! I'll get there soon, I'm sure haha

Back
Top Bottom