Apocaleptika Interest Check

Currently reading:
Apocaleptika Interest Check

Esoterica

Knight
Local time
Today 2:32 AM
EEfH3F3.jpg

It is a sign of the times, the fact that a city in America is named Apocaleptika.

Sinners and Saints alike have fled to this area, and this has become the battleground for the soul of this nation, although very few are aware of this fact.

There is much more to this world than meets the eye.
Many types of beings stalk the shadows, with abilities, rules and heritage that is not the same as that of humanity.

A Vampire could work at your local blood bank. A Shifter might be your veterinarian.

A Witch might run your local church. Fae roam around being playful and playing pranks.

And Demons are fighting Angels in a war right alongside of humankind.
Humans remain none the wiser, or most of them anyway.

Will you reside in Apocaleptika, trying to make your home in this place if you know that the place has a secret?

Or if you do not know, can you maintain your ignorance for long?

Enter our domain and find out.​

I have created a roleplaying universe called Apocaleptika. It is a supernatural universe that is inspired by World of Darkness. It is a light system, no dice rolls, but your character has powers that flesh them out and make them unique.

The premise is that supernatural creatures have come out into the world, and have taken over and now rule it.

If you might be interested in such a game, reply to this thread. More information will be forthcoming.

Character Sheet

Face Claim: Name of your face claim
the name of your character goes here
real age (apparent age, in case of Otherkin that are very old)
Species:
Height:

Demeanor:
basically Good/Neutral/Evil but you can elaborate
Nature: Righteous/Ordinary/Dark
Humanity: High/None/Low (you need to get an ability to have either high or low humanity)

Place of Birth:
Ethnicity:
Citizenship(s):
Current Residence:
Where does your character lives. Apartment, house, owned, rented, a hotel room, etc
Education: Highest level of education.
Wealth: What class would you deem your character? Upper class, middle class, or low class?

Affiliations:
to any already existing groups, or you can create your own

General Description: Here is where you describe your character's overall appearance, eyes hair, complexion, physique, tattoos, birthmarks, etc. You can also include clothing style and jewelry or other accessories.

Personality: What is your character like?

Psychological Quirks: Do they have mannerisms that some may consider strange or unusual?

Dislikes: What the character dislikes.
Ons/Offs: What the player likes/dislikes

Backstory:

Major Mundane Skills:

(Pick 4 skills, these are mundane skills that are in professional levels. Example: Mechanic, Chemistry, First Aid, Martial Arts, etc.
you don't need to have a particular skill to be able to do something, i.e. you don't to have driving to be able to drive a car or cook to prepare dinner but having it would mean you are a professional driver or a chef.)

Base Supernatural Abilities: (these are the base abilities of your chosen race and do not count towards the eight abilities you can choose)
Personal strengths:
Personal weaknesses
Abilities:
(Describe the abilities you have. You can add slight variations or limitations to further personalize the abilities)

7. (if Otherkin)
8. Eight (if Otherkin)

Inventory Want to own a car, have some cash on hand, own some weapons or design special artifacts for your characters? Write about them in this section. Requires approval.
Connections: You can list here any character connections you make.

Code:
Face Claim: Name of your face claim
the name of your character goes here
Age: real age (apparent age, in case of Otherkin that are very old)
Species:
Height:

Demeanor: basically Good/Neutral/Evil but you can elaborate
Nature: Righteous/Ordinary/Dark
Humanity: High/None/Low (you need to get an ability to have either high or low humanity)

Place of Birth:
Ethnicity:
Citizenship(s):
Current Residence: Where does your character lives. Apartment, house, owned, rented, a hotel room, etc
Education: Highest level of education.
Wealth: What class would you deem your character? Upper class, middle class, or low class?

Affiliations: to any already existing groups, or you can create your own

General Description: Here is where you describe your character's overall appearance, eyes hair, complexion, physique, tattoos, birthmarks, etc. You can also include clothing style and jewelry or other accessories.

Personality: What is your character like?

Psychological Quirks: Do they have mannerisms that some may consider strange or unusual?

Dislikes: What the character dislikes.
Ons/Offs: What the player likes/dislikes

[center][/center]
Backstory:

Major Mundane Skills:
(Pick 4 skills, these are mundane skills that are in professional levels. Example: Mechanic, Chemistry, First Aid, Martial Arts, etc.
you don't need to have a particular skill to be able to do something, i.e. you don't to have driving to be able to drive a car or cook to prepare dinner but having it would mean you are a professional driver or a chef.)

Base Supernatural Abilities: (these are the base abilities of your chosen race and do not count towards the eight abilities you can choose)
Personal strengths:
Personal weaknesses
Abilities: (Describe the abilities you have. You can add slight variations or limitations to further personalize the abilities)

7. (if Otherkin)
8. Eight (if Otherkin)

Inventory Want to own a car, have some cash on hand, own some weapons or design special artifacts for your characters? Write about them in this section. Requires approval.
Connections: You can list here any character connections you make.

Last edited:
Hey! This sounds super interesting and fun! Would you like me to fill out the character sheet here or wait till there are more people signed on? (Sorry I'm very new to the site and am still learning how things work)

Does anyone have any questions about anything? I'd say this is enough interest. I do need to start fleshing out NPC' myself and I am going to start doing that soon.

So the city of Apocaleptika has been infiltrated by otherworldly creatures. Has the rest of the world been taken over as well?

The supernatural have taken over everywhere at this point. Apocaleptika is just like where they have decided to rule the world from so to speak.

How long has the world been taken over for? Are a majority of humans aware of the angels and demon's and all that?

In game terms this is a relatively new development. I'd say its been literally hours since the news broke and life changed for everyone. There was a news broadcast, it interrupted everything, and a man got on the tv and told the rulers of the whole world they needed to appear before the Otherkin Court in Apocaleptika, which is the former Los Angeles in order to officially submit to their rule. At that point they took over. You cannot tell a supernatural on sight unless you have something called True Sight though, and at this point, if you do not know just by looking at someone they are a supe. The exception is the Otherkin Council, which will be the main NPC's in this game. They went on tv and let everyone know who they are.

So basically intro posts will be about how human characters respond to just learning that supes exist, and for the superantural, it will be about them dealing with trying to deal with being outed by the council.

So basically the only people that would not know are people who did not watch tv or pay attention to the news as of yet.

Is the move to take over well liked by normal supervisor? Also how long have supes been infiltrating the normal world?

Is the move to take over well liked by normal supervisor? Also how long have supes been infiltrating the normal world?

The move to take over is not extremely popular amongst the masses. In fact some of the council did not really want to do it and it was a low majority. In the past supes have just watched from the shadows, and quietly manupulated things so the idea of them coming out into the open and openly ruling, not popular with most,

Some humans are going to want to exterminate the supernaturals, and some supernaturals are going to want to eliminate their council.

Supes have always been there, and they have never completely left human society alone.

My next step is going to be to create a cast of NPC's so that everyone knows basically who they will be interacting with. Might also help with character creation. I plan on making the Otherkin Council and some hunters I think to flesh things out. Let me know if you have any questions about character creation or anything else.

Back
Top Bottom