Both Needed Astoria Enchanted: Recruitment/Interest Check - Open - Characters Needed

Currently reading:
Both Needed Astoria Enchanted: Recruitment/Interest Check - Open - Characters Needed

Local time
Today 7:02 PM
Pronouns
She/They
UPDATE 4/22/2024:: There has been requests to resurrect this game so we are in the process of taking interest and seeing which writers remain!

I am looking to put together a group game but don't have all of the details fully fleshed out yet. I wanted to see if there would be any interest before putting in the time to fully flesh everything out. This is what I have so far.

Every year, a few adults who have surpassed their 21st birthday are chosen by a God/dess. They are then brought to Astoria Academy to learn about their new abilities as well as how to best serve as the chosen ones. The story is a modern fantasy and would take place in an unspecified timeline, it would likely be a cross of fantasy but allowing some tech advancements. There are six God/desses; Light, Darkness, Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Each God or Goddess will have specific things that they are sort of responsible for as well as what sort of powers/abilities you would see under that God or Goddess. Some examples are like Light is healing and life. Darkness might be decay, magic. Earth is harvests, wildlife. Etc. This is the part I am currently working on fleshing out.

The students would live on campus, I'm thinking ages would range from 21 and up but haven't decided a cap really. At this point, I'm thinking just having characters that are students for the time being but may consider staff positions if there is a lot of interest. I rather just focus on getting students first.

Characters could have powers/abilities related to their God/dess which will be a little easier once I fully flesh out each 'House'.

This will be more Slice of Life style, sandbox, but I plan on having events that will help bring all characters together. So between events, characters are free to do what they want, then an event will happen to pull everyone together at times. Romance is allowed and encouraged but I don't want this to be like a smut-for-all.

There will also be some mild adventure/action with a bit of conflict. I don't know how structured I'll make the conflict yet, I'm thinking its more fluid for story purposes.

LINKS OF IMPORTANCE

I believe we have enough interest to move forward so I will now be making official threads for the game. There is also a Google Doc where I have organized everything. Once you are accepted into the game, I will give you a link that will allow you to edit the doc so that you may update your character information as needed.

EDIT TO ADD

Alright so there was a good point to limit how many for each house so we don't get super lopsided. I will put a -tentative- placeholder for claims for those that are interested. We will limit each house to 4 for now and each writer to 2 characters for now. This may change later.

The Temple

These are the staff of the Temple. If you'd like to be a staff member, let me know. There is the Headmistress, Elder Chosen (They'll be like guides/instructors), and General (Cleaning, Cooking, Medical)

1. DancesInMoonlight | Nadine Littenbell - Female - 52 - Headmistress
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

The Houses

These are the Chosen that have been selected to stay at the temple.

Light - God Solaris - Healing, Life, Birth/Rebirth
1. Heather | Elora Lucianus - Female - 22 *
2. Heather | Eren Lucianus - Male - 22 *
3. MeaMae | Realee Somara - Female - 25
4. OPEN

Darkness - Goddess Lunari - Death, Magik, Decay
1. TrashPanda | Jacob Allen Ritter - Male - 23
2. MissMonkey | Sebastian Nobis - Male - 24
3. DancesInMoonlight | Veronica Blackwell - Female - 26
4. OPEN

Water - God Bahari - Water, Ice, Fishing, Invention (steam)
1. DJ99 | Ísarr Johannessen - Male - 23
2. Knobi | TBA - TBA - TBA *
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

Earth - Goddess Terraria - Earth, Harvest, Growth, Wildlife
1. MissMonkey | Amahdahy Sky-Chaser - Female - 21
2. Lucas Rhydian | Albrecht Grafenreuth - Male - 28
3. UB Positive | Terrwyn Kiah - Female - 22 *
4. OPEN

Fire - God Kai - Fire, Smithing, War, Tactile
1. DancesInMoonlight | Valkyrie Draki - Female - 28
2. MeaMae | Khione Riona Shae - Female - 21
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

Air - Goddess Makani - Wind, Knowledge, Speed,
1. Lucas Rhydian | Chrétien Grafenreuth - Male - 25
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN

* Waiting on confirmation of return or finished profile.

Last edited:
Dibs on Earth, I love me my nurturing Earth. Hmmm, maybe each element is like a house? Perhaps each house takes up to 4 representatives? Whatchu think? @DancesInMoonlight

Alright, I added a tentative claim layout for those that may be interested. This are not necessarily set in stone but just to give people an idea of what we're looking for.

I will take a spot in Light.
(Willing to add a second character as well if needed further down the line).

This is interesting. Fire sounds like it's right up m alley.
I'll put you down for a tentative flame spot!

If I get a pretty good starting interest over the weekend, I will look into putting up some official threads. I just have to figure out exactly where I will be putting them haha

Reactions: Pog
I love this idea! I'd love to hold a spot in the fire house and if I could have another spot I'd like the second character to be in the house of air.

Alright I have updated those interest claims! I think we got a pretty good interest level to go ahead and move forward. I will work on some character sheets, flesh out the story a little more, and work on getting some threads going!

I would like to be in House of Light! Though, I think you should know I'm new to this site's way of RPG, and don't yet really know how everything works :D.
But it looks like fun! <3

I would like to be in House of Light! Though, I think you should know I'm new to this site's way of RPG, and don't yet really know how everything works :D.
But it looks like fun! <3
I'll put you down! You can check out the character thread or Google Doc to get started as well! All links are in the first post <3 I'm actually new to this site as well so we can learn together!

ALSO: I have now made an OOC thread as well, feel free to use that to chat, get to know each other, ect. All links have been updated. Those that have posted full character profiles, I have added them to the Google Doc as well

Back
Top Bottom