Character(s) Carolina Blues (zombie rp)

Currently reading:
Character(s) Carolina Blues (zombie rp)

Rothwell

Teller of Tales
Local time
Today 2:24 PM
Post your characters up here boys and girls. I'll add mine up in a day or two.

I won't get arsey about the rules here. I'll just put in some general guidelines for character creation.

Guidelines

-Don't make them OP (obviously)

-It's been 4 years since the initial outbreak so survival skills are a given. What form that takes is up to you.

-Include previous profession (if any)

-Include current profession/role in Rosa's Charm (the hub town). Are they scavengers/hunters/farmers/security/craftsmen/merchants? More than one role is fine.

-Strengths and weaknesses

-Typical possessions/equipment

-Put in an overview of life pre outbreak and post outbreak

-Current cap is 2 player characters each, but feel free to add npcs as you like.

That's about it. Have fun!

Oh, and this thread also doubles as a chat thread so feel free to type away.

Well here is my character sheet. First draft

Name: Madeline O'Connor
Nickname(s): Maddy
Alias: /
Birthday: 9th of July
Pronouns: She/They
Sexual/Romantic Orientation: Bi
Ethnicity: Caucasian female
Irish roots

Tracker/hunter/scavenger
Animal friendly. (Horses, dogs, cats, …)

General Appearance:
Maddy has thick, long auburn hair. She either wears it in a braid on the side or loose with a beanie.
She has hazel eyes that have almost a gold shine when the sun hits them at the right angle.
She has pale skin and has a slim body with some muscle definition from living outdoors.
Ever since the outbreak she hasn't really taken a lot of time to clean properly. She does however have a longing for a long good soak in a bathtub.
Her left cheek has a scar from a knife cut.

Height: 5'6"

Clothing;
Maddy wears her brother's beanie covering her hair. This is the only piece of clothing she really bothers trying to keep clean.
She usually chooses comfortable clothes ever since the outbreak. Opting for loose fitting t-shirts, trousers, hoodies and sneakers. She has a black leather jacket for cold nights.
Pre Outbreak she took great detail in her appearance. She loved wearing sundresses, skirts and tank tops,....

Art ideas:
Maddy:
HgHZWDffhg3i05KJpiJu_Ya7UQlvdb-XIrwvekl8PNm6yCT_ZqKup3kAb82jvZhWd-imUmcJFMAhQS7EQyYrdcyM_GwU3ntt0FohAI1sqAki9ocJtK7iLDUyeSnuZT99fFkHkE0_rcFR3W8zTV_DDtwTemetE5KYvRDwRC9aa2JYjHDS5OPo6SjeTg
S_STZfVwbsWyl2VbHbyP9sRVDq5_grGFeVK5yrOl58hp59XzimPArRmSkdGMiwmNqQIVPLCN1g1aKxTOI09XyJs6t3dIcpdGOMPDkkTtBWeCDzoPvNt3kAavv3h41CeaAMsA0QV6_JeTs4Azj8xk6aTVWWmUkdo_7A3uiTVUlQ4CRT9ff96ER1JGxw
PS448IWLq55zlx46pf3QsY2YRK5_gDeUpa4CG5r7H1MEOFzc6w_J7EsYNr-D0buKG9bzks3VZUGn_S-Gwurgym3vOy90fBa82XZGkjboFVQmfPcPZIGCo7Wtk-p0U8_WC54W3caC2eM5WYl1A9N1f0Yzqdov_TY1wRGCH-Og-7KrHmQk4xXdtgEUEQ
DbtB-S5ePBE7xeDXukI7oErycHYp2_0ZTISIJAGjIzoum4c06MQL40Gn4HfyZgY3q0noDTVNWMQpgOxuHJIRqrfQJM31W3Jf1or-fbvb5Cz8PIGfyPmkcUc2iN0lQWgMGVV8XupknyJ6OxpSkPQ5nSLLrPM9WYG7l8Ylr-2Uzb_DzqvznMRSifaHIA

gkClLVRzZaDBD2O6W0YgM0eXjJEgNAOnpmFTD6JF5x33T5QJmw1fwrZAjMgUantm5e5TIcU65a0AF6OHWsoqlrnlJbRTeWoAJPnrfqDF0Jo35l8EAMEIgYmoDpB0BaV9RPGaTUKt3fwuhOZWJnzddZiBhJ7aIqflx12a40oH2clJRh9-1f3vWxfENA

Gus:
1666256297965.jpeg

General Personality
Maddy was an outspoken, friendly girl in school with plenty of friends.
Post outbreak she totally lost faith in human beings. She shuns humans in general after too many close encounters and falling in with the wrong survivor crowds.
Slow to trust and close chested at the moment.

Hobbies/Interests:
Maddy took horseback riding ever since she was able to. During middle and start of highschool she took up Archery, mostly to appease her big brother who wanted her to give it a try alongside him.

• Feeling in control
  • Good food
  • A warm dry place to rest
Dislikes:
  • Animal cruelty
  • Killing people
  • Talking about her lost ones
  • Feeling helpless/Trapped
Quirk:
Always strokes the feather of her arrow before she shoots.
Plays with an arrow, twirling it when nervous.

Most people she interacts with know she's good at heart, though she struggles to show it. People who don't know her tend to be intimidated by her, she has a tendency to stare at people instead of approaching and speaking to them.

Fighting Style:
Tries to avoid combat in general and prefers to sneak around.
During her time outdoors she is skilled with her knife up close but prefers her recurve bow to take down walkers from a safe distance.
She learned how to use a pistol but does not carry one at this moment..

Gear:
Maddy has a bowing knife and a recurve bow.
She wears fingerless gloves to protect her hand when using her bow.
She has used a pistol during her travels but doesn't have one on her at this moment.

Preferred Weapon(s):

Knowledge: 6/10 (Mostly just has knowledge of within the apocalypse)
Motivation: 7/10
Will to Act: 9/10
Agility: 9/10
Weaponry Use: 6/10
Hand-to-Hand Combat: 6/10
Long Range Accuracy: 8/10 (with a bow)
Offence: 6/10
Defence: 7/10
Social Skills: 4/10

Biography
Home:
Little town outside Atlanta.
Local Farm few towns over
Wherever she can safely set up camp.

Familial Background:
Daughter of a workaholic father and a stay at home mom. Sister to an overprotective older brother who was more of a father figure than her actual dad.

Character Background:
Pre Outbreak Maddy regularly enjoyed holidays on a local farm. The farmer was a distant relative of her mom and he allowed her to visit and try horseback riding.
The farmer had two daughters, one the same age as Maddy, called Beth and an older sister called Sue. They taught her to tend to the animals and helped her learn to ride a horse. Her favorite horse was called Petal an auburn mare.
At the start of the outbreak Maddy and Beth were riding into the nearby town to fetch some groceries. When they were suddenly surrounded by walkers and they got split up. Maddy rode Petal as fast as she could to get away. When her fear subsided she was totally turned around without a clue of where to go.

She tried to find her way back to a familiar spot and eventually found her way back to her home. Her house was abandoned with items thrown around and blood on the floor. Upon seeing walkers closing in she grabbed her brother's beanie and some personal stuff and ran.

A short while later while scavenging a house, Maddy got surprised by a small herd of walkers. She managed to get on Petal and started to try and get away. Already partly surrounded, she tried to turn Petal to get away. During the chaos Petal tripped on a low branch and threw Maddy from the saddle.
Petal was quickly surrounded as Maddy saw in horror how the walkers tore into her.

A few months later she saves an Australian Shepherd pup and feeds it. The pup she named Gus.
After a few close encounters with bad survivors she decided to play it safe and stick to herself.
Three years later, she still wanders the desolate wastes, alone with Gus avoiding most contact. A chance encounter drives her into Rosa's farm. Will she find a safe haven here? A place to return back to how she was before civilization collapsed?

Last edited:
Name: Jade Ermingard

Appearance: 5"7 with a toned build that comes from a physical profession, chin length brown hair in a centre part, sharp features, green eyes from which she got her namesake. She typically wears the jeans and t shirt combination with an old leather jacket.

Previous Profession: Mechanic
Current Profession: Mechanic/general gearhead/volunteer

Skills: Building and fixing things, hunting game, a good shot with a rifle and a solid arm with her hatchet

Equipment: Tool kit, rifle (browning blr), hatchet, backpack for salvage

Personality: Jade is laid back and practical minded with a wry sense of humour. Given to cracking jokes in serious situations as a nervous reflex. She has occasional periods of mania, especially when indulging her creativity. Her loyalty to her brother is strong, although it also brings the childish side out in her.

Background: Born in North Carolina, Jade grew up in a small town with her parents and younger brother. She had an uneventful childhood, gave her dolls over to the tools in her father's repair shop and the quiet thrill of hunting in the local woodlands. The latter being from the education of her farmgirl mother. Although her interests were outside the typical for a young woman, Jade never really considered herself a 'tomboy'; simply seeing herself as 'a girl who was good at tracking things and fixing things'. After the apocalypse the siblings made a long and harrowing journey to Rosa's Charm where, after the shock had worn off, fell back into the profession they'd grew up in fairly seamlessly.

Nowadays Jade is typically found with her brother at the Ermingard repair shop (The E.R.S. for short) or saddling up with the volunteers; on the lookout for anything to help the family business stay afloat.

Last edited:
Hi guys, finally getting some free time back. No need to rush this. Post up any time you feel like :)

Glad you're onboard Vas!

The initial mission is set. I'll leave it up to you guys whether our characters would know each other or not. It's a fair sized town after all. I'll add some more ambient posts to fill time if people are busy.

OOC Would you like Jade to know your characters or start with a blank slate?/OOC
I think everyone knows Skye or at least knows of her. She is what you might call easy.

Sidney is reclusive but friendly, I'll let you decide.

Well here is my character sheet. First draft

Name: Madeline O'Connor
Nickname(s): Maddy
Alias: /
Birthday: 9th of July
Pronouns: She/They
Sexual/Romantic Orientation: Bi
Ethnicity: Caucasian female
Irish roots

Tracker/hunter/scavenger
Animal friendly. (Horses, dogs, cats, …)

General Appearance:
Maddy has thick, long auburn hair. She either wears it in a braid on the side or loose with a beanie.
She has hazel eyes that have almost a gold shine when the sun hits them at the right angle.
She has pale skin and has a slim body with some muscle definition from living outdoors.
Ever since the outbreak she hasn't really taken a lot of time to clean properly. She does however have a longing for a long good soak in a bathtub.
Her left cheek has a scar from a knife cut.

Height: 5'6"

Clothing;
Maddy wears her brother's beanie covering her hair. This is the only piece of clothing she really bothers trying to keep clean.
She usually chooses comfortable clothes ever since the outbreak. Opting for loose fitting t-shirts, trousers, hoodies and sneakers. She has a black leather jacket for cold nights.
Pre Outbreak she took great detail in her appearance. She loved wearing sundresses, skirts and tank tops,....

Art ideas:

General Personality
Maddy was an outspoken, friendly girl in school with plenty of friends.
Post outbreak she totally lost faith in human beings. She shuns humans in general after too many close encounters and falling in with the wrong survivor crowds.
Slow to trust and close chested at the moment.

Hobbies/Interests:
Maddy took horseback riding ever since she was able to. During middle and start of highschool she took up Archery, mostly to appease her big brother who wanted her to give it a try alongside him.

• Feeling in control
  • Good food
  • A warm dry place to rest
Dislikes:
  • Animal cruelty
  • Killing people
  • Talking about her lost ones
  • Feeling helpless/Trapped
Quirk:
Always strokes the feather of her arrow before she shoots.
Plays with an arrow, twirling it when nervous.

Most people she interacts with know she's good at heart, though she struggles to show it. People who don't know her tend to be intimidated by her, she has a tendency to stare at people instead of approaching and speaking to them.

Fighting Style:
Tries to avoid combat in general and prefers to sneak around.
During her time outdoors she is skilled with her knife up close but prefers her recurve bow to take down walkers from a safe distance.
She learned how to use a pistol but does not carry one at this moment..

Gear:
Maddy has a bowing knife and a recurve bow.
She wears fingerless gloves to protect her hand when using her bow.
She has used a pistol during her travels but doesn't have one on her at this moment.

Preferred Weapon(s):

Knowledge: 6/10 (Mostly just has knowledge of within the apocalypse)
Motivation: 7/10
Will to Act: 9/10
Agility: 9/10
Weaponry Use: 6/10
Hand-to-Hand Combat: 6/10
Long Range Accuracy: 8/10 (with a bow)
Offence: 6/10
Defence: 7/10
Social Skills: 4/10

Biography
Home:
Little town outside Atlanta.
Local Farm few towns over
Wherever she can safely set up camp.

Familial Background:
Daughter of a workaholic father and a stay at home mom. Sister to an overprotective older brother who was more of a father figure than her actual dad.

Character Background:
Pre Outbreak Maddy regularly enjoyed holidays on a local farm. The farmer was a distant relative of her mom and he allowed her to visit and try horseback riding.
The farmer had two daughters, one the same age as Maddy, called Beth and an older sister called Sue. They taught her to tend to the animals and helped her learn to ride a horse. Her favorite horse was called Petal an auburn mare.
At the start of the outbreak Maddy and Beth were riding into the nearby town to fetch some groceries. When they were suddenly surrounded by walkers and they got split up. Maddy rode Petal as fast as she could to get away. When her fear subsided she was totally turned around without a clue of where to go.

She tried to find her way back to a familiar spot and eventually found her way back to her home. Her house was abandoned with items thrown around and blood on the floor. Upon seeing walkers closing in she grabbed her brother's beanie and some personal stuff and ran.

A short while later while scavenging a house, Maddy got surprised by a small herd of walkers. She managed to get on Petal and started to try and get away. Already partly surrounded, she tried to turn Petal to get away. During the chaos Petal tripped on a low branch and threw Maddy from the saddle.
Petal was quickly surrounded as Maddy saw in horror how the walkers tore into her.

A few months later she saves an Australian Shepherd pup and feeds it. The pup she named Gus.
After a

@Teddy Naj is Maddy along for the ride on this one?

Incidentally I've added a few more characters in the world thread if anyone cares to look. Feel free to add your own npcs as you like. This is collaborative after all

hello! is this still open?

Actually I don't think we've addressed that possibility yet. I'm in favour of there being an extremely rare cure and a tight time limit to get it but I'll go with the cut off the bite or you turn dynamic if everyone prefers it.

Actually I don't think we've addressed that possibility yet. I'm in favour of there being an extremely rare cure and a tight time limit to get it but I'll go with the cut off the bite or you turn dynamic if everyone prefers it.
im a huge one for gore, so yeah- and im pretty good at those things.

I like the Walking Dead tv series and video game approach, you can amputate but sometimes even if you do it very quickly you may still turn.

Like what happened with Tyreese Williams in Season 5 and Lee Everett in Telltale game season 1.

Back
Top Bottom