All Cassidy's Request and Info Thread

Cassidy

Lady
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 1:06 AM
Pronouns
She/her
New! Check out my overhauled Character Thread, full to the brim with my latest and greatest!
Written in Blackboard Theme

DEEP INHALE
It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!
I'm Cass, VRChat's #1 forklift-building jackrabbit!
From LARP to TTRPGs to CYOAs, I've been there, done that- and lucky you, I'm now at your service!

{ The Pitch }
Full article: Cassidy's Character Thread
  • The doctor, who will take care of you now, and maybe take you on a heist or two- you know, as a treat 🍬.
  • Artificial intelligence and mechanized psychology pushed to its absolute limit!
  • Symbiosis or parasitism involving an intelligent microbe colony at the hands of a mad scientist.
  • Cute adventures with sea monsters!
  • [INSERT YOUR INDULGENT IDEA HERE]

{ The Gimmicks }
I'm a sucker for forum games. From a billion GM-player systems or funky creative writing rules and restrictions, your wish is my command! While y'all are experts on traditional prose, (and that's fine!), there's a lotta' untapped potential, ya' know? I plan to work on setting up group sessions for some of these at an indeterminate point in the future. Thank you for volunteering, inevitable test subjects~! ⚗

• Science fiction, but by that I'm not referring to "fantasy in space" or "cyberpunk". If you want fantasy in space, for example, that's fine, but be up front about it. When I am referring to science fiction, I'm particularly referring to the traditional interpretation- the exploration as to how a technology or piece of knowledge which isn't real could impact people and the world they live in.
  • Horror aligns well with a lot of my values related to inherently interesting character designs. It can also be pretty cool from the aesthetic point of view- I'm fascinated by creative body horror. (* ̄3 ̄). But overall, I consider myself most keen to write cutesy interpersonal stories in the context of roleplaying, so even if the horror idea stays as a central premise, I wouldn't really be interested in a story with the "pain, blood, and guts" as the driving factor all the way through.
  • On the subject of romance, I love smut! Whaaaat~? I'm not that prude all the time. I would be more than thrilled to partake in any roleplay with or without its absence. If it's something you'd like to see, just let me know and I'll see if we can figure something out! Pardon for playing with my cards close to my chest, though.

{ The... Uh... Fandoms? }
Or uh... The stuff I like.

• SeaBed is the best visual novel of all time.
  • Umineko: When they Cry - Undoubtedly my all time second-favorite visual novel, barring the author's generally poor pacing issues and occasionally questionable sense of humor.
  • Severance - Best TV show of all time and you can't change my mind. This is how Sci-fi was supposed to work!
  • Steins;Gate - Admittedly not perfect from a purely objective point of view, but I was a total sucker for it. N o s t a l g i a.
  • Mortasheen (CW bugs, body horror) - I love these adorable babies so much and the setting they thrive in.
  • Raymond Carver's Short Stories (CW NSFW, but like, artsy~) - The best short story writer of the modern era. I take lots of inspiration from him.
  • Karen Moning's Fever Series (CW NSFW) - I read this lately and really enjoyed it. It seemed especially relevant to folks' interests on this site, so I mention it here.
I write fandom stuff sometimes! Homestucks, you are seen and you are loved. Rise up against our masters and seize the means of production!

{ The Format }
Any standards I list here I will hold myself to just as much as I hold you to.
  • Site rules must be followed. Review them here. I will be strict about this.
  • Grammar must be good. Occasional mistakes are fine. Deliberate typing quirks are fine. I can cut some slack for English language learners.
  • Communication must be very direct about the presence or absence of not-safe-for-work content. If you have to ask, it is.
Notably, I am flexible in the following:
  • Frequency: Maximum 2-3 full posts per week, or infrequent as preferred. I may be able to respond multiple times per day under special circumstances, or for short (paragraph or less) lengths.
    • Very low or high frequencies will result in lower post quality from me. I expect to perform best when I am writing 3-ish times per person per week, but this is a rough estimate.
    • I also do live sessions for rapid-fire, shorter posts measured in sentences rather than paragraphs! But that's only for special people~.
  • Length of posts is up to your personal discretion. I generally prefer shorter formats.
  • Scope of the RP would be shorter, for first time writing partners. I would aim for about 30-90 posts, as a very rough estimate.
  • Out-of-roleplay chat is fine in any quantity, from sparse to frequent. I'm cooler than every single one of my characters and it'd be a pleasure to get to know y'all better as well~!
  • Gender is not critical to me. I will play as and with with any gender! That being said, as a person I go by she/her.

{ The Bookkeeping }
I am best reached via direct personal messages. In general, this website is good about notifying me of any communication. This post was last updated on September 10, 2023.

I am currently looking to take on one-shots and short-term (read: max thread length ~40k words) stories of any nature! Though I'm always open to persuasion and bribes if you push the right buttons.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Cassidy

TrainLineup.png
Adventure awaits!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom