Both Needed Cirque de Magie

Currently reading:
Both Needed Cirque de Magie

LunaticLove

Got any cookies?
Local time
Today 8:18 PM
As the fog rolls over the hills of a small town, the children wake their parents with the simple words, "they have come to town!" People of the town watch as off in the distance on those dewy hills, a row of moving trailers and cages rolls into place and a large striped tent is slowly raised. Later in the day, the flyers are put up and the tickets are sold. Today is circus day!

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the circus! Join this abnormal circus with fanciful creatures from mermaids to magic casters and everything in between. However, be warned, things are not always so great behind the scenes for performers. After all, you are all freaks!

-------------
Hello my fellow role players! I am looking to reboot a rp I had dry up on another site!

Characters can either be carnies (supernatural of different breeds), workers/volunteers (human), or trainers (human)

Carnies are treated as lower than dirt by those who run the cirque, forced to work long, harsh hours and given whatever food necessary to keep them alive. They are often stolen from their homes by the ringmaster and his lackeys, chained, beaten, and forced to perform or else...

----------

General Rules:
- Please be courteous and kind to other players at all times.
- I do not expect you all to write essays, just enough so that other players have something to work off of for their post. Please keep in check your grammar and spelling but I'm not going to hound you. I would like posts to be roughly a paragraph each or longer but not over 5 paragraphs each please.
- NO controlling other characters/cast. This is in regards to player characters or PCs, not the other trainers or suck NPCs. Doing this will get you a message from me asking you to stop.
- I do not intend to a lot of smut but I am open to it happening. This will be a rated R roleplay due to violence and torture if the carnies misbehave or if the ringleader feels like it.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Have fun!

Characters created:
Ringmasters - LunaticLove and MindLabryinth

Workers-
MindLabryinth
Kimcora

Carnies-
Kimcora- Siren
LunaticLove- Shape Shifter

Last edited:
Sounds like a cool concept! Is it cool if I join? Could I make a fortune teller character (maybe a human or supernatural creature with some real but limited sight abilities to keep them from being too powerful?) Or are you looking for more performance based act characters? Also do you have any extra storyline plots in mind I should keep in mind when making a character?

I ultimately would like there to me an escape attempt possibly or the overthrow their ringleader but that is sort of off in the future. I would be up to almost any supernaturals or gifted people though I will reserve for myself a shapeshifter.

Name:

Nicknames:

Race: (and ability if carnie)

Personality:

Sexual orientation: *Optional*

Interests/Likes:

Dislikes:

Appearance: (You may describe your character how he/she looks or just provide an image)

Brief backstory: (how did you join the circus? What was life like before? )

Last edited:
Could we do more than one character? I was thinking I could be both a sympathetic trainer/worker and possibly ringmaster?

Sure! I would love for there to be two ringmasters and a few trainers as well!

I have a ringmaster as well :)

Oh okay! Would you prefer my ring master to be male or female? It might make an interesting dynamic if there was a male/female ringmasters duo.

It makes no difference to me but I would love some interesting dynamic. In my last run of this I had a Male ringmaster but the time before that I had a female so either one.

My Carnie Dimitri
Cirque du Magie Carnie Character:
Name: Dimitri Sokolov

Nickname(s): Beast, Shifter, Monster, Kitten, Pussy cat

Gender(s): Male

Race/Species: Shape Shifter

Personality: Dimitri is harsh and easily set off when dealing with people such as the trainers and guests of the circus. He is protective of the other carnies and will throw himself in front of them if needed or take lashes for them. He has a big heart for people that he cares about but do not get on his bad side. He would prefer to have the room to escape from situations such as conflicts so when he is in a tight space in conflicts he will lash out and hurt someone.

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Favorites/Likes: He loves hot chocolate or any sweets, loves to lunge at the bars of his cage to frighten quests and hear them scream. He does like to cuddle and be pet by certain individuals that he trusts. Loves red meat of course and to sing although he doesn't like others to hear his voice.

Most Hated/Dislikes: Hates the cage he is forced in, has slight claustrophobia, He has to shift back and forth rapidly since it is painful to transform. Hates to be pet by guests and especially by the trainers or ring masters as he thinks its degrading. He also hates fire with a passion as he has been burned several times in the past.

Appearance:

Brief backstory: Dimitri was born and raised in a small Russian circus until the age of 15. His mother, a shifter in the circus, tried to escape with him in the middle of the night after she heard of the circus wanting to sell him to the Cirque du Magie. They were caught by the men who ran the Russian circus, beaten, and separated. Dimitri was sold the next month to Magie and never saw his mother again. He has been performing in the Cirque du Magie every day since then as their wild animal acts, especially their "tamed" tiger doing tricks and selling exorbitantly priced tickets to pet and interact with him as a tiger.

Last edited:
Worker Character

Name: Jonathan Grae Lovette

Nicknames: Jono, Nine/Nine-Lives

Race: Human (worker but has unusual strength and an uncanny ability to survive things)

Personality: He is quiet and comes off as shy, allowing the other workers and ringmasters to treat him poorly with no complaints. While he doesn't often go out of his way to be nice to the carnies- he wouldn't want to attract attention- he isn't mean toward them and treats them the same as everyone else.

Sexual orientation: Not sure of himself.

Interests/Likes: He likes to play cards and can often clean anyone out. He also has an obsession with birds; rescuing them, collecting feathers and imitating calls.

Dislikes: He dislikes fire.

Appearance:
6f64a96efa6f2ae18e75a332ae7927e3.jpg
9b5b9c5615d513324a4cbe8688ccf076.jpg
e4bebbdd44e6c9e281c11bf8ee4bba79.jpg

Brief backstory: He's been in the circus since he was old enough to hold a hammer. Running away from an abusive home, he thought he'd join the 'big happy family' that was sold to him. It's not so bad, he reasons with himself, at least here he gets fed and doesn't have his arm in a cast constantly. He's called Nine/Nine-Lives in the circus because he never seems to be phased by death and escapes it regularly. He's been shot on accident, trampled by an elephant, set on fire, accidentally in the cage with the tiger- many more. It's rumoured that Jono may be on his last life...

-/-/-/-/-/\-\-\-\-\-

Name: Melanie May Waymaker

Nicknames: Mel, Ma'am, Madame

Race: Human

Personality: Cruel and manipulative, but extremely loyal and stubborn.

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Likes/Interests: Oliver

Dislikes: Dirty hands, the sound of balloons.

cce8151c9d8cf716c71f2aa08cc0da57.jpg
57e38703d49703acc64bb99c78e6a111.jpg
Backstory: Melanie was left homeless and with no money after her parents died and her home was repossessed. She had been unable to secure a job, no one wanting to hire a 'street whore' and was brought to the brink of starvation. She saw no other way she could make money besides selling her body. On her first night, she hadn't even secured a customer when a group of drunks decided to lay into her; kicking her to the ground and spitting on her.. But a pair of firm and gentle hands helped her to her feet and offered her a place in the circus. From then on, she swore herself to Oliver.

Last edited:
Let me know if this works! Also I have no idea how to get images to work on here so if it isn't showing up on y'all's end let me know. Also I was thinking of creating another character, a female trainer. But I want to wait to see if others join before adding more charas.

Name: Dahlia Ollivier

Nicknames: Doll

Race: Siren. She takes after the Korrigan line, which is a branch of sirens that are pretty but offer to tell you your fortune in exchange for a price. They are misunderstood as charmers that sing or lure men to their death, but that is only one variety and not her type. She does extend her life and grow her powers by feeding off of life energy, but doesn't need to kill the person even if it is hard to stop once she starts.

Personality: Dahlia is a free-spirit in every sense of the word. She's genuinely cheerful and excited about life, but it can also come across that she is naive. There is some truth to that assumption, as she can be overly trusting with those that show her trust and kindness in return. However, she is not unintelligent or a genius, as she had to be clever to survive with her sisters. She simply never corrects others when they call her an air-head, as she prefers people to misjudge her intelligence. It's easier to protect herself if others find her weak. She is hardly the quiet type, as her profession as a fortune teller requires her to be charismatic. She is not quick to anger, but has a fiery side when she's truly angry and usually when she loses herself control. However, she can be curt and sarcastic when she feels threatened or angry towards someone.

Sexual orientation: Straight

Interests/Likes: Dahlia loves plants and animals, but mostly in the sense of studying and healing. She also loves dancing and music, as her sisters usually included dancing in their rituals. She loves the feeling of a bright sunny day, especially in a big grassy field full of flowers.

Dislikes: Dahlia hates being in dark, dank spaces. She also hates when people push her abilities as it causes her more human guise and control to slip. She doesn't want to harm others and fears being hated.

Appearance:
m8LCtsM.jpg

***When she is triggered into a shift, her hair turns white and her eyes take on a more red, flashing color. Branch like vines begin to grow from her forehead to form horns and flowers begin to bloom in her hair. She becomes a bit more volatile and can lash out when she's craving life energy.***

Brief backstory: Dahlia was raised in an orphanage, having been abandoned by a mysterious woman that they claimed was her mother. At the age of 10, she began to show signs of the ability of foresight and divination. Before the owners of the orphanage could sell her off to a freak show, she was adopted by a beautiful woman with blonde hair and startling amber eyes. The woman introduced herself as her "sister" and revealed that Dahlia was the daughter of a siren. Sirens are born out of the relations between a human and siren. The sirens and humans usually do not usually keep their children, especially daughters (which have a higher chance of showing abilities), to protect themselves and the life of their child. When Dahlia began to show abilities, this woman, Lilura, took her in to join a sisterhood of other abandoned siren girls. All with ranges of abilities and appearances. Dahlia came to see the other women as her sisters, as they clothed, fed, and trained her to use her abilities in secret. She was still considered young for a siren when she was taken from her sisters by an angry mob after a mishap with a wealthy landowner. She was purchased minutes away from the meeting at the end of a noose, and now finds herself in a strange new place full of cruel and angry people...

Let me know if this works! Also I have no idea how to get images to work on here so if it isn't showing up on y'all's end let me know. Also I was thinking of creating another character, a female trainer. But I want to wait to see if others join before adding more charas.

Name: Dahlia Ollivier

Nicknames: Doll

Race: Siren. She takes after the Korrigan line, which is a branch of sirens that are pretty but offer to tell you your fortune in exchange for a price. They are misunderstood as charmers that sing or lure men to their death, but that is only one variety and not her type. She does extend her life and grow her powers by feeding off of life energy, but doesn't need to kill the person even if it is hard to stop once she starts.

Personality: Dahlia is a free-spirit in every sense of the word. She's genuinely cheerful and excited about life, but it can also come across that she is naive. There is some truth to that assumption, as she can be overly trusting with those that show her trust and kindness in return. However, she is not unintelligent or a genius, as she had to be clever to survive with her sisters. She simply never corrects others when they call her an air-head, as she prefers people to misjudge her intelligence. It's easier to protect herself if others find her weak. She is hardly the quiet type, as her profession as a fortune teller requires her to be charismatic. She is not quick to anger, but has a fiery side when she's truly angry and usually when she loses herself control. However, she can be curt and sarcastic when she feels threatened or angry towards someone.

Interests/Likes: Dahlia loves plants and animals, but mostly in the sense of studying and healing. She also loves dancing and music, as her sisters usually included dancing in their rituals. She loves the feeling of a bright sunny day, especially in a big grassy field full of flowers.

Dislikes: Dahlia hates being in dark, dank spaces. She also hates when people push her abilities as it causes her more human guise and control to slip. She doesn't want to harm others and fears being hated.

Appearance:
m8LCtsM.jpg

***When she is triggered into a shift, her hair turns white and her eyes take on a more red, flashing color. Branch like vines begin to grow from her forehead to form horns and flowers begin to bloom in her hair. She becomes a bit more volatile and can lash out when she's craving life energy.***

Brief backstory: Dahlia was raised in an orphanage, having been abandoned by a mysterious woman that they claimed was her mother. At the age of 10, she began to show signs of the ability of foresight and divination. Before the owners of the orphanage could sell her off to a freak show, she was adopted by a beautiful woman with blonde hair and startling amber eyes. The woman introduced herself as her "sister" and revealed that Dahlia was the daughter of a siren. Sirens are born out of the relations between a human and siren. The sirens and humans usually do not usually keep their children, especially daughters (which have a higher chance of showing abilities), to protect themselves and the life of their child. When Dahlia began to show abilities, this woman, Lilura, took her in to join a sisterhood of other abandoned siren girls. All with ranges of abilities and appearances. Dahlia came to see the other women as her sisters, as they clothed, fed, and trained her to use her abilities in secret. She was still considered young for a siren when she was taken from her sisters by an angry mob after a mishap with a wealthy landowner. She was purchased minutes away from the meeting at the end of a noose, and now finds herself in a strange new place full of cruel and angry people...
Worked perfectly!

Ringmaster Character:

Name(s): Niklaus

Nickname(s): Nik, always "Sir" from the carnies to his face but "Devil" behind it

Age(s): 34

Gender(s): Male

Race: Human

Personality: Nik is outwardly very charismatic and friendly to get people to attend the show. He can talk his way out of most problems that he gets into. He is inwardly cruel and abusive to his beasts and carnies, running them into the ground to get his money and his fame. He doesn't lift a finger when the circus needs to be set up, and instead forces the carnies and the others to set everything up.

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Favorites/Likes: Enjoys making money, he likes the flash of fear that he sees in the eyes of people when he walks by, loves Bourbon and cigars. He enjoys inflicting pain to make people do what he wants.

Hates/Dislikes/Fears: Hates losing money, secretly hates being alone so he keeps an iron fist to keep those around him here.

Appearance: (Face then body, facial hair of the body picture)

Background: Nik had always had anger issues, but it seemed to run in the family since his mother beat him as a boy after his father left, then his grandfather and uncle took him under their wings in the circus business as a trainer then a ringmaster when they retired. He learned over the years how to make the most profit he could and how to instill fear and compliance in his creatures.

Last edited:
Kimcora you are free to make a second character if you want it won't be affected by the number of players.

Kay Kay don't mind if I do. I was thinking of an older trainer that falls more in the middle.

Name: Bridgett Myer

Nicknames: Bridgett suites her just fine

Race: Human (Trainer)

Appearance: She has a large scar that looks like a burn on the left side of her face, from chin to cheek. She has shoulder length blonde hair she usually keeps in a high messy bun and the build of someone that exercises regularly. She has more delicate features from her childhood life of fortune. But her skin has aged some and freckles from time in the sun and hard years of travel. She keeps a resting stern expression and her eyes are a steely grey, which intimidates most when she gets into her rants.

Personality: Bridgett is a hard woman to work with, or so many of her past partners and colleagues would say if asked. She's bullheaded and likes things her way to a fault, not a lot of compromise involved. Her stubbornness makes her resilient and unafraid of challenging an unruly beast, a pissed off carnival goer, or a worker who is out of line. She follows orders, but skirts around the details if she doesn't agree with them. Her first priority is function and utility. She doesn't harbor hatred or cruelty for the creatures at the carnival and sees their plight. Instead she sees these carnivals as a necessary evil to keep the supernaturals off the streets and out of the hands of mobs of scared humans. She respects the creatures that fall in line and will clash with those that challenge her authority. She likes to remind them that they have a purpose, even if Nik and Mel's methods are questionable to her. She just does her job the right way, making sure her acts are top notch and earning her paycheck.

Interests/Likes: Bridgett loves books and will often spend her time outside of training reading. She also loves tea, but hardly is allowed the simple pleasure when coffee is so much stronger and keeps her on her feet after a hard day.

Dislikes: Cruelty with no utilized purpose, getting lectured for her choices, and being mocked for her appearance.

Brief backstory: Bridgett was born to a normal family and a normal house, with normal rules and little future planned out for her. She came from a long line of thoroughbred horse trainers and grew up learning the ropes of training animals for performance based shows and racing. However, despite her access to the best tutors money could buy and the horses she loved, Bridgett was expected to marry and settle down with some heir to a fortune and live out her days as a house wife. Bridgett balked at the mere idea and left home at the age of 15 to pursue a life of adventure, like the one in her books. She decided to join a group of head hunters who hunted supernaturals for shows and services for a hefty sum. She became good at hunting and used her time with the creatures to study them and compile information on them. After an experience that turned her from hunting and earned her significant scar on the left portion of her face, she retired from hunting in her late 20's. She found her way to Cirque du Magie when it was still under the control of Nik's parents. She stuck around to this day in favor of protecting her investment in the carnival acts there and because Bridgett Myer is not a quitter.

Last edited:
I like her! The photo is not being found though but im not sure if that's just my poor data or not

I like her! The photo is not being found though but im not sure if that's just my poor data or not

Thank you. Need a strong mama type with all these people being rude lol I can't get the image to work even though I literally did the same thing I did for Dahlia. Sooo I just wrote a description. It may be an issue with my phone
:(

Back
Top Bottom