Unspecified Fantasy Fun with guys or gals

Currently reading:
Unspecified Fantasy Fun with guys or gals

Adara

Baron
Local time
Today 5:44 AM
Hey there. I'm really just going to skip tons of personal information and skip to the things that might matter for any kind of roleplaying:

-I am a student, keep it in mind when talking about time
-I've studied a lot of languages, so I'm good at coming up with names for stuff
-I have a nervous personality, so I might come across as anxious sometimes
-I sometimes write sentences in a really dated fashion. I don't know why exactly, but I blame the ancient languages I read for influencing my English. I promise I'm not usually trying to be pretentious, unless the character is meant to be
-I prefer to discuss rps in pms, not on the thread, thank you
-If I get one more person asking if I do fandom rps when I purposely left all possible fandoms out, I swear, I will die

I do like to write a lot, so I'd appreciate my partner writing at least a decent-sized paragraph for each response. I really like low-high fantasy settings, but I will do slice of life or historical settings, depending on the plot. I like suggestions. Don't be scared. Also, I dig romance, don't mind a little smut, but I get bored with it very quickly. Open to mxf or fxf for all stories. I know I don't reach out to many male partners myself because I've had some bad experiences with them, but I'm not opposed to writing with guys.

If you send me a message because you're interested, at least start a conversation. Don't just say "hey, I saw your thread. Wanna rp?" or something similar. Ask questions, make suggestions, anything else.

Some general themes/ideas (Bolded-my preferred role, no bold means either is acceptable):
-Exploration of a new or rediscovered world
-Elementals?
- roommates
-Witch / any supernatural (humanoids being the only requirement)
-Witch / witch hunter (would love one set as an urban fantasy right now)
-Mages who were previously apprentices together
-Some sort of war setting with magic? Like WWII or the American Revolution but magic is added?
-vampire / werewolf—will only do this if it has good character ideas, and maybe I would do a mating rp if we seem like a good fit
-Historians / translators / classics scholars who work together in archives or something and just do the friends to lovers thing, but they're both cute and dorky, and I want such a slow burn
-Assassin clan?

**I really want to play like a reserved nerdy closeted girl against an out-and-proud lesbian who will go to hell and back to seduce MC because she knows MC has a crush on her but won't admit it. Don't get me wrong, it's still gonna be story-driven, and it'll probably end up being a slower-burn, but I love it.

Here's some better thought out ideas (more to come, some soon to go):
There wasn't very much special about her. She had gone to school, earned good grades, was told she was gifted, but was still barely lucky enough to find a job that was relevant to her degree when she graduated. She supposed that was what she deserved given she majored in linguistics and ancient languages. Still, it suited her. It was only when she picked up an antique necklace at a thrift shop that her life changed. A witch started to appear in her dreams when the necklace was near her bed, then a voice appeared at the back of her mind when she wore it, and then, the witch gained enough strength to appear before her for short periods of time. She was confused, but against her better judgement, she started to learn from the witch, starting to understand beautiful magic.

Maybe YC is a medium, or a supernatural hunter, or just a good ol' common person, but we gotta come up with something to happen. Maybe a small coven finds MC or YC finds a witch who somehow learned magic without a coven's help and wants to team up with them since they have no loyalties to another group. Maybe they sense the witch's being trapped in the amulet, and maybe they want to get rid of her ghost. Anything, except for the witch herself.
In a land supposedly devoid of magic, there was a small underlying group of mages who called secret places protected by the covens home, but many still chose to live outside these places. People around them typically noticed certain things above others. Their tea usually stays warmer than everyone else's, they always seem to know when it's going to rain, even when the weather forecast doesn't, and the wind seems to avoid messing up their hair or causing their papers to go every which way. Given that the average person is better off not knowing about what they don't know, their rules are simple: don't involve normal people.

MC is a witch living in the city with YC. Her specialty is in battle magic, but that doesn't stop her from taking shortcuts when she can. Whenever she trips, or scrapes something, or stubs her toe, whatever injury she had seems to be gone in minutes. She claims to have a night job, but following her would prove she moves seemingly randomly throughout the city, and even if she does have a purpose, it isn't very evident to anyone around her. While she isn't very close to many outside the coven, her roommate has been becoming more and more suspicious of her.

Based on a sort of witch/roommate idea
Looking to play the witch and for my partner to be the princess. It could also be a prince, I suppose, but princess is more shocking.

Endless war ravaged the land. For centuries, the war between Eireann and Impetia, two adjacent countries, had gone between intervals of outright conflict and tense armistice. No one even remembered the reason for their warring, but for the last few generations, it has been fueled only by tradition and national bias. Every generation went off to war. Sometimes one side won, and sometimes the other. Both kingdoms were in a permanent flux of gaining and losing.

Within the last year, there has been a notorius witch on the front lines. No facts about her have reached the Impetian capitol, but many rumours had. While she was actually the commander of a smaller division of highly trained mages, their enemy didn't know that. She commanded a battalion of mages who had mastered long-distance magic, and used this to keep her soldiers hidden. When the redhaired harbringer of destruction approached their encampments, she engaged the enemy with large, flashy spells. As she gradually replaced those spells with blood magic, a much darker field of magic, her mages cast large, dangerous group spells that narrowly avoided killing their own leader. No one ever remembers seeing her face. Some said she didn't bleed, others that fire could never touch her. Still, she never failed to completely destroy her targets.

After months of correspondance, Impetia has finally agreed to the terms of peace set by Eireann. The witch's kingdom is tired of sending their young men and women to the front lines, but they cannot allow the other nation to exist next to them. With permission of each kingdom, both royal families meet near the boarder—but in Eireann lands—to consolidate their agreement. Both would fuse, though the Eireann royals demanded the throne. The other royal family would merely be allowed as nobility in their court, and their daughter would be a peace offering for the witch, though her parent's didn't know of that. They simply thought she would be married off to one of the eligible royals. Still, they weren't completely wrong with their assumption, as they would find their much hated enemy was the youngest daughter of the Eireann throne.
Forced by a pointless 100-year old war, two ancient kingdoms will join into one. Neither side remembers why the war started, but both were hurt almost beyond the point of repair. In hopes of ending the conflict, both monarchs come to an agreement. They simultaneously abdicate their throwns, leaving their eldest children to lead, but only after an extravagent, mostly cerimonial wedding. Now the two must either repair the damage dealt and calm the hatred brewed over the years or suffer the consequences of failing. No one knows how two such different kingdoms can ever join as one. The fresh start only has one chance of success
I really want some political intrigue and worldbuilding and other stuff thrown in if we do this
Magic was everywhere. Everyone knew about magic. Most were moderately skilled with the basics of magic, whether they were nurses with the ability to perform minor healing spells and support more skilled doctors, or they were ferries who could transport a number of people quickly, or farmers with strong connections to the earth. There were no shortage of vocations in which magic was helpful depending on the skill of the person. There was a wide variety of different kinds of magic, but everyone knew a person's inclination was dependant on the individual. You either had healing magic, or you didn't. Magic came from within you, from your own energy. Then a terrible day came that no civilian could have predicted. Everything collapsed from under them. The energy that they had all come to love turned on them as a rebel witch cast spells that were seemingly impossible. Where their police were barely able to defend with their magic, her and her followers ran circles around those who were supposed to protect them.

What they didn't know was that their government had been experimenting with such power for a long time, but they made a terrible mistake, and one of their own researchers wasn't happy with their methods.

I'm looking to do some sort of urban fantasy/revolution idea with this with MC as one of or the main ring leader. She is very interested in magic, and I already have some ideas on how the magic system works, but I am open to input. I want to do additional worldbuilding with my partner, but it doesn't have to be anything insane. YC can be most anything, as long as it works with the idea. This can be basically any setting,

I think this would be interesting.. would you be ok with a world similar to My Hero Acidemia? They would have 'quirks' or powers, and then some romance can follow

Might I interest you in some of my rp ideas too? I made a thread for some of my own ideas, be fun to build on it with your ideas if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom