Henlo!!! :D

Currently reading:
Henlo!!! :D

Local time
Today 1:14 AM
Pronouns
He/Him/His
Henlo everyone! :D

I'm DontHugMyTrees, but everyone refers to me by a myriad of random nicknames (Tree, Trees, Treesy, Tres) lol. Feel free to call me whatever rolls off the tongue (keyboard...?) best!

I'm an AI technician by day, and an avid gamer/weeb/light novel writer by, uh... whenever I have time, I guess? Idk, I have like 3 manga volumes I picked up but haven't read yet, two characters on ESO that I need to level up, and a light novel that's been cooking for way too long. And don't even get me started on how long it takes to get my lifting routine done at the gym!

But anyway, back on-topic: ROLEPLAY! Oof, I love it - there was a time where I was active-asf in the rp forums way back when and could rattle off the usernames of some of the greats, but now I feel like a dinosaur when I saw that the sites I frequented were no more. Pretty heavy when I think about it. But probably for the better anyway; some of those old RPs made me cringe... think light romance meets edgelord supreme with a dash of shonen "badassery." Not exactly my best work...😬 Luckily, some wonderful people, both online and in my personal life, helped me diversify my portfolio and mature/expand my writing horizons, so luckily the cringefest was nipped in the bud. I even ended up doing pretty well in college because of it!

My writing style tends to lean towards the 3rd person past-tense; I've tried to write in present a handful of times, but it never seems to hit its mark. My primary genres are sci-fi, fantasy, and isekai (if you can call that a genre lol), and I often love to blend the three into some intricate world, story, character(s), etc. Plus, the isekai element allows me to work with together with other writers, their characters, and worlds without sacrificing or compromising the integrity of the world's lore.

OOC I tend to be pretty mellow, despite almost always doing something or other. I also seem to burn through a ton of toothpicks - specifically those mint Tea Tree Therapy ones you find at Whole Foods and on Amazon. I find that other toothpicks are either too strong, too weak, taste nasty, or don't taste good at all. Funny, an ex-smoker is picky about his toothpicks! I guess some habits are universal, eh?

Anyway! The Inner Sanctum looks like a pretty rad place with my kinda people, so I can't wait to share, imagine, create, explore, and grow in my writing skills with you all! Give me a holler if you need anything, or if you want to discuss any aspect of Roleplay/Writing. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Forever forward unto the Great Dankness,
- DontHugMyTrees

welcome to the site tree! <3

Welcome to the site! isekai as a genre is cool and it can work well I think! We have a ton of amazing writers and I'm sure you will find several of them to explore your ideas with!

if you haven't already, take a look at THE RULES and the
HANDY SANCTUM GUIDE. After that you can peek at the request threads to start looking for a partner and story idea that catches your fancy or make one of your own to get the people coming to you.

HANDY SANCTUM GUIDE. After that you can peek at the request threads to start looking for a partner and story idea that catches your fancy or make one of your own to get the people coming to you.

If you come across any questions as you explore the site, there are always some friendly faces in chat that can help!

If you want to make threads pretty here are the ways to do some fun things after you get settled: BB-CODES
And some ready to use templates for things: Riff's pre made templates And Selcouths pre-made character templates and
Cat's set of premade templates
And
visual user guide to some site functions

Last edited:
Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

welcome to the site tree! <3
Thank you Cat! :D I hope to write with you sometime in the future ^^

Welcome to the site! isekai as a genre is cool and it can work well I think! We have a ton of amazing writers and I'm sure you will find several of them to explore your ideas with!

If you come across any questions as you explore the site, there are always some friendly faces in chat that can help!

If you want to make threads pretty here are the ways to do some fun things after you get settled: BB-CODES
And some ready to use templates for things: Riff's pre made templates And Selcouths pre-made character templates and
Cat's set of premade templates
And
visual user guide to some site functions
Ooo, thank you Mephisto! Those codes and character templates are suuuuuuuuper handy - I remember losing my mind trying to code them back in the day! >_< Funny how even with AI at my disposal, I still prefer doing everything by hand. I read the rules, took a look at the Sanctum Guide, and now I'm ready to take a look at request threads once I'm done with work for the day :D

Welcome to the site.
Thank you Redfren! You've got some really fleshed-out characters; I hope you'd consider writing with me sometime!

Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!
Ooo yay new friend!!! :D Thank you Sheriff Ispie! I hope to write with you sometime ^^

Welcome and enjoy!
Thank you Brigand! If you're ever up for a fantastical isekai rp, I'd love to write with you! :)

------

Thank you all so much again for such a warm welcome - it's been a bit of a roller coaster for the past few months, and it's nice to finally have some stability in the form of a creative outlet with like-minded people. If you ever need my help with anything writing-related or if you'd like a crash course in AI prompt-and-response setup, or just about anything else, don't hesitate to reach out!!!

Hello and welcome. Enjoy your time with us.

Back
Top Bottom