Either Needed Mage RP

Currently reading:
Either Needed Mage RP

Mnemosyne

Knight
Local time
Today 1:10 AM
Hello everyone! I don't normally like group RPs, but I had an idea I posted an a 1x1 thread that I thought would be more interesting with a group of people, so I decided to post it here and see if I got any interest.

Edit: Seeing as I've gotten a group, we've started the RP. However, due to the nature of the RP, it is very easy to add in new characters, so if anyone else is interested, you can still join.

Basically, I'm looking for a small group, between 2 and 5 people, although if we get more who are interested I don't have a problem with letting them join. Anyway, this idea is based on an anime/maga series I follow called Fairy Tail, but it's not exactly like it, and no knowledge of the series is needed to join in.

So here's the basic idea:

The world is one of magic. There is some technology, like trains, cars, and guns, but it isn't very widespread. Instead, magic is the main force at work in the world. Not everyone has magic, and of those that do, few of them have any kind of strong or combat related magic. Those who do have these types of magic are often part of magic guilds. When someone needs help that they hope can be solved by magic, they send a job request to these guilds and offer a payment. The mages in these guilds will take the job, and often work in teams if it is difficult. The guilds are overseen by an organization called the council, which establishes rules and ensures the guilds are following them. In this world there are also dark guilds. These are groups of mages who do not follow the council's rules. They often cause problems and essentially do whatever they want.

Anyway, the essentially, our characters would be mages from the guild who team up to work together, either for basic every day jobs or for some larger task. What exactly they are doing and what limits they should have can be decided by the group once we have some people.

So, anyone interested?

Edit: Here's the character sheet, as well as the character I'll be using for the RP

Character Sheet:
Name:
Powers:
Personality:
Appearance:
Guild:
History:

My Character:

Name: Kyrin Shryder
Powers: Kyrin can create illusions, including auditory and tactile as well as visual. However, her powers sometimes affect her as well, and she can't control it. This means she sometimes sees, hears, or feels things that arean't real. She's gotten good at telling the illusions apart from real life, but she still sometimes mistakes something that's an illusion as real, or vice versa. These illusions are usually small or subtle, although she occasionally has 'episodes' where the illusions are very noticeable and often overwhelming, and can last for a while. She also carries a sword that she is quite skilled at using, since her powers aren't always very useful in combat.
Personality: Kyrin is very insecure about the side effects of her powers. However, she tries to be very outgoing and friendly, and not show when things bother her, and she's generally successful at this. She tries not to let things bother her, doesn't judge anyone for things they can't help, and tries not to hold grudges for anything. She is also very observant, and is very good at remembering things and reading people, and so can often tell when something is wrong, and is generally inclined to help out whenever she can.
Appearance:
images

Guild: Fairy Tail
History: Kyrin was an only child. The side effects of her powers started at a very young age, and at that point in time she couldn't tell at all what was real and what wasn't. Because of this, she was always picked on by other kids, who all thought she was crazy. Her parents, who were relatively well-respected in the community, were embarrassed by her condition, and they tries everything to find something that would help. And when they couldn't get it to stop, they tries to pretend it wasn't happening, often leaving her with babysitters to watch her and rarely speaking to her. She eventually became used to the illusions and learned how to tell them apart from reality, but other people still treated her the same as they had before.

When she turned 18, she left home and joined a mage guild where she would be able to have a new start, as well as being able to use her abilities without being judged. But shortly after she joined, she had one of her episodes, and the guild leader found out about the side effects of her powers. He thought if anyone else found out she would be an embarrassment to the guild, so he kicked her out. She began wandering around, looking for yet another place to start over. When she found Fairy Tail, she was a bit reluctant to join. But this time she admitted about her side effects, and to her surprise, the guild master was very accepting about it, so she joined the guild. It hasn't been long since she joined, but most of the guild members have been at least mostly accepting of her, although some can be hurtful at times. However, she hasn't made any particularly close relationships yet, and doesn't know most of the people all that well.

Last edited:
I'm glad you're interested. And don't worry, not knowing about Fairy Tail isn't a problem, since the RP would only be loosely based on it.

Sorry for how long it took to reply. I added the CS to the first post, along with the character I've created for the RP. If you don't want to post a picture for the appearance, or want to use a realistic picture, feel free to do so. I'm not picky about that.

Ooh! Can I join?! I love fairytail and have watched up to about five episodes after the time skip so I know the lore!

Absolutely! The RP won't follow the FT plot or anything, since not everyone in the group will know about it, but you're definitely welcome to join in the RP anyway.

Yay! Should I post my character here or is there a thread?

Name: Koun'na Yoroi
Powers: Koun'na is as to channel massive amounts of magical energy through her limbs to punch with explosive force, jump ridiculously high, and many other superhuman feats. Though this magic cost her the use of her legs and she can only walk and jump while wearing an enchanted set of greaves.
Koun'na also carries many magical artifacts to compensate for her lack of ranged attacks.

Personality: Koun'na is often cheerful and lighthearted, rarely taking offense or getting angry at other people, she has however been known to get angry at people who invade her home or chest at games and fights.

Appearance:
abaa1012e227a82ddbf9b1d5ce66b375.jpg
History: Koun'na was born to a family that rarely practiced magic due to their warrior ancestry and as such it was an incredible shock when at the age of twelve she was found to have latent magical abilities after creating a basic barrier.

After a fairly long argument, her family agreed to Koun'na's request to awaken her power and took her to a professional mage who performed the ceremony, which Koun'na and her parents regretted immediately.
Her power was that of 'enhancement' a rare ability that allows someone to boost their physical abilities massively and who usually have a larger store of magic power than most.

However this comes at a cost.
Enhancer mages lose an ability, the magnitude of which effects the size of their magic reserves.
Koun'na was horrified to find that she had lost the use of her legs and left ear, which shattered her parents dreams of an all warrior family.

Fortunately Koun'na made somewhat of a recovery when she managed to purchase magical greaves that allowed her to walk, and an earing that restored her deaf ear, (though that was just a lucky bonus to her).

After getting used to walking again she immediately set out to travel the world and use her magic for fun,adventure, and... Admittedly a little profit.

Weaknesses: Koun'na is unable to walk without her greaves and if they sustain enough damage she is pretty defenceless.

Sounds good to me. We can wait for Dreamoness to create her character, and then we can discuss if we want to get started or wait and see if anyone else wants to join.

Fortunately with this kind of RP if someone ever joins late they can just be a new arrival in the guild.

This is true. Which would make sense, so even when we start, we can leave it open, as long as the group doesn't get too large for comfort. But I don't think that will be a problem.

Name: Amber St. John
Powers: Ambers powers are unique to her being. She has a wide range of tattoos where her powers originate from and she can summon up many things. From destructive fire to gods given healing even physical weapons aren't a problem when she has her tattoos. However, only one downside to this is that these tattoos dont last forever. They fade overtime, resulting her to get a totally new one at any given moment.
Personality: Amber is a protective and easygoing woman. While she doesn't fret about the tiny stuff, she will go all out for a death battle. Her friends or team is extremely important to her no matter how much she acts like they aren't.
Appearance: FB_IMG_1472839122284.jpg
History: At a young age, Amber noticed she was getting her first set of tattoos. They started appearing on her arms and immediately she was both being picked on and idolized for her newfound powers. She loved some of the attention, but rarely did she fine entertainment from using her powers.

Into her teen years she started to progress wonderfully with her practices, so well that the famous guild Fairy Tail sported some interest into recruiting her.

As a young adult, Amber started teaching herself new forms of majick and discovered different tattoos. By this time, she was already in Fairy Tail and was using their extensive library to educate herself.

(If its too short Im sorry, the history part of a role-play always gets me)

Alright. I'll get the thread started, although it may take a while. I figured we'd start with the characters going on a group job together, and then if we want to come up with a main plot we can after we get used to the characters.

Back
Top Bottom